• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

rodb

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/9/20
Probably gen crystal...

Yea, i was thinking about that. even though the crystal is suppose to be good might as well do that too while we're at it. Thank you, i appreciate your input.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Yea, i was thinking about that. even though the crystal is suppose to be good might as well do that too while we're at it. Thank you, i appreciate your input.

I’m waiting to get mine so I can see for myself.. maybe it’s exactly like gen but I doubt it

stufuse

Respected Member
22/10/17
UK
just ordered from puretime, im probably going to get a gen dw at least. Anything else yall recommend for a slightly franken build?

I’d take a look at it first, you might be perfectly happy with it. If you’re going to mod get it serviced for a start, stick a gen dw in then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tete

4/11/16
I'm waiting for mine, if the case is similar to Gen, I'll change glass, DW and hands. If the case has the same flaws as Arf, Zzf, Noob, Nail ... I personally don't spend any money on Franken, the case will always be the one to determine whether the watch is gen looking or not.

Rubberman

Forever young
Certified
9/12/17
ZHk5ID.jpg

Rubberman

Forever young
Certified
9/12/17
Good eye!! But at least they are consistently too close to the edge. Not like ARF v1 where it was like 4 of them and they were like literally touching the edge

Right, better than older ARF which was imbalance.
By the way, did the insert from ZZ and VS similar in some where?
Is amazing that VS undercut the other makers with their asking price. Hope this will trigger another price competition like what Noob did to their V8/V9/V10 when ZZ sweep their floor..

Darksiderkills

Getting To Know The Place
14/5/18
I'm waiting for mine, if the case is similar to Gen, I'll change glass, DW and hands. If the case has the same flaws as Arf, Zzf, Noob, Nail ... I personally don't spend any money on Franken, the case will always be the one to determine whether the watch is gen looking or not.

It probably ever only needs a gen dw or crystal, as for the no date, gen crystal and a good service and you are good to go

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It probably ever only needs a gen dw or crystal, as for the no date, gen crystal and a good service and you are good to go

What’s wrong in ZZF no date Crystal?I think if u install in gen no date will not looking fake , the problem in Rep Cyclope reflection and DW .

mari115

Respected Member
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Installing gen crystal on a No Date is kinda overkill, you don't really need it.

The problem is the cyclops and the lack of Black hole or Halo effect

ineedhelpnow

Getting To Know The Place
29/9/17
After reading so many pages on this thread I've decided to pull the trigger on VSF. Never had experience with VSF before but from what I see they're pretty good for the price compared with zzf v3. The only gripe is the dial officiall y spacing and the thick date font. Heard the crystal is comparable to prof? Anyone can verify. Will post QC for sharing once I have it as its a pretty new watch without many QC around yet.

Reactions: d3s19n

Kayatsu1

Certified
12/10/19
Installing gen crystal on a No Date is kinda overkill, you don't really need it.

The problem is the cyclops and the lack of Black hole or Halo effect

In my opinion, it really depends on you and it can’t be stated that is always an overkill. When we talk about 114060 crystals yes, they don’t have the cyclop, but they still have other distinctive features, such as the edge finish. More importantly Rolex gen crystals for that model have at the same time a distinctive clarity for a non ar crystal (that very often rep crystals don’t have, see zzf v2 crystal that made the dial look dull) and an amazing reflectivity. We all have in mind that image of a gen rolex crystal that reflects light. This is something I notice in real life and on the wrist. Not saying this is a tell or something but some people may just want to have the same feeling/clarity.

mari115

Respected Member
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
In my opinion, it really depends on you and it can’t be stated that is always an overkill. When we talk about 114060 crystals yes, they don’t have the cyclop, but they still have other distinctive features, such as the edge finish. More importantly Rolex gen crystals for that model have at the same time a distinctive clarity for a non ar crystal (that very often rep crystals don’t have, see zzf v2 crystal that made the dial look dull) and an amazing reflectivity. We all have in mind that image of a gen rolex crystal that reflects light. This is something I notice in real life and on the wrist. Not saying this is a tell or something but some people may just want to have the same feeling/clarity.

Sure, it's personal in the end

Tete

4/11/16

not only that, that will fix the central part of the watch and it will look almost gen. But the lugs give it away, the reflection of the light is very different in gen
that's the shape of the case that makes Gen so refined and elegant, if factories wanted they could do it but so far no one has done it ... why?

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
@up
Sorry mate, but are you f*cking serious? Are you really talking about some reflections?

I know that the subs have some flaws, but I think that the stuff that we are getting now is just bloody good.
Got more problems with my Noob V10, but still loving it.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
not only that, that will fix the central part of the watch and it will look almost gen. But the lugs give it away, the reflection of the light is very different in gen
that's the shape of the case that makes Gen so refined and elegant, if factories wanted they could do it but so far no one has done it ... why?

Apologies for the long quote... but pretty sure they punch the cases out of a blank similar process to the gen, it creates an extrusion bulge in the material under the pressure. Not sure why they don’t just go that little bit further and machine that lug area properly. Something I’ve always asked myself also

Reactions: Tete

Kayatsu1

Certified
12/10/19

Mate, very often I think I am incredibly crazy for identifying so many irrelevant problems on a rep that it is already crazy good but, if you are serious here, you can even beat me ahah. Vsf case is finally really good and I have nothing bad to say on it. If it doesn’t shine like a gen it’s for two reasons: 1) brushing 2) it is not a gen. If you want that refined shiny crisp look just buy the gen.

Tete

4/11/16
Mate, very often I think I am incredibly crazy for identifying so many irrelevant problems on a rep that it is already crazy good but, if you are serious here, you can even beat me ahah. Vsf case is finally really good and I have nothing bad to say on it. If it doesn’t shine like a gen it’s for two reasons: 1) brushing 2) it is not a gen. If you want that refined shiny crisp look just buy the gen.

I have had 116610ln gen for five years but now I can't afford gen. It would not be so difficult to give that beautiful shape to the ears. They do almost perfect 3135 moves and can't make perfect lugs? I also have a Vsf on the way and I am hopeful about it. If you have yours, would you be so kind as to take some photos similar to the ones I have cited? Thank you