• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Its the same old VR3130 no date function but the 2nd position is very long like there’s a position missing in between which it probably is. I assume on gen it’s short as moving from 2nd to 3rd on a sub date someone can probably confirm that.

Gotcha. Thank you for confirming! If someone were to buy both Clean and VSF and do the swap, then the movements would have to stay as they are (if you want to end up with two watches).

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Gotcha. Thank you for confirming! If someone were to buy both Clean and VSF and do the swap, then the movements would have to stay as they are (if you want to end up with two watches).

A member here the thread is somewhere built a no date on VSF case with VS movement and all gen parts. He modded the movement basically to 3130 by removing the date module.

Reactions: sukwonee

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thanks, guys. Still don't understand what a "disambiguated LEC" is. I can only see a regular LEC on the picture.

The point is it's too visible - you shouldn't see it at all in that picture. Instead its really obvious.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
The point is it's too visible - you shouldn't see it at all in that picture. Instead its really obvious.

When light hits the crystal in a really flat angle, this is exactly what happens. You see in his other picture that the LEC isn't visible all the time.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
A member here the thread is somewhere built a no date on VSF case with VS movement and all gen parts. He modded the movement basically to 3130 by removing the date module.

Yep! What I meant is if you take two watches (VSF and Clean) and do the swap AND if you want to end up with two functioning watches (VSF case with clean no date dial and crystal and Clean case with VSF date dial and crystal with cyclops) then the movements also have to be preserved. If you move the VS3135 over into the VSF case with no date Clean dial, then the second watch (Clean case with VSF date dial) won't have the date function in the movement.

​​​​​​If your goal is to end up with 1 awesome watch and leftover parts, then yes VS3135 can be moved over and modded to function like 3130.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

REPREPREPCLAR

Looking Around
13/2/18
Can anyone help to confirm if this is a vsf 116610? I don't have a keen eye for details and honestly just want to make sure im getting what i paid for. Thanks in advance! Cheers

https://imgur.com/KKLEZud
KKLEZud

Last edited:

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular
Mine is the same when you pull out to time setting it requires an unnerving amount of force and sounds like it’s crunching. I had mine serviced and it still does it but watchmaker assured me movement good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First place I'd look is the length of the stem.
Being just a bit too short can cause this

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Yep! What I meant is if you take two watches (VSF and Clean) and do the swap AND if you want to end up with two functioning watches (VSF case with clean no date dial and crystal and Clean case with VSF date dial and crystal with cyclops) then the movements also have to be preserved. If you move the VS3135 over into the VSF case with no date Clean dial, then the second watch (Clean case with VSF date dial) won't have the date function in the movement.

​​​​​​If your goal is to end up with 1 awesome watch and leftover parts, then yes VS3135 can be moved over and modded to function like 3130.

Btw stumbled on this thread again I mentioned earlier https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchservicesny/9652972-new-114060-in-house

VSF to no date with gen parts and VS3135 to 3130.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
First place I'd look is the length of the stem.
Being just a bit too short can cause this

Thanks for the advice, it’s having date change issues as well. Sometimes it functions perfectly other times doesn’t. It’s been serviced so there is obviously a fault with one of the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: d.brocke

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
So I'm getting a new model because I loved my old one but the fat hour hand annoyed me. I'd rather get the new slimmer hour hand.

I believe this is the new hand, would just like if others can confirm as it is sometimes hard to tell on a blown up photo.

I have received 2 qc pics for mine (s29 serial), and everything ss fine except the datewheel, like yours, not centered and aligned to the left. Is this a common issue? because I do not know whether accept it or not. I think I've seen pictures with perfect andcentered date in this thread, but I am not able to get one

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
I have received 2 qc pics for mine (s29 serial), and everything ss fine except the datewheel, like yours, not centered and aligned to the left. Is this a common issue? because I do not know whether accept it or not. I think I've seen pictures with perfect andcentered date in this thread, but I am not able to get one

In my opinion, this is one of those issues you’re hardly ever going to notice on wrist, especially since yours doesn’t really seem that bad. I say accept it

Reactions: Jayalvin777