• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Sea Dweller 126600?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Thanks for the info! I just bought the V4 from intime.

Exactly! I work in an environment where a lot of people have quality watches. I don't want that obvious of a "tell" while I'm testing out the watch. I have other reps that don't have tells that are that obvious.

You have just gone for the watch with the most tells haha! But you know best of course. Guys crack me up on here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
You have just gone for the watch with the most tells haha! But you know best of course. Guys crack me up on here!

Exactly this. Why would anyone choose an ARF because of its straight 1 which you can barely see to then live with a wrong dial, wong colour lume, bad date wheel and comedy ARF cyclops? Baffling.

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
Exactly this. Why would anyone choose an ARF because of its straight 1 which you can barely see to then live with a wrong dial, wong colour lume, bad date wheel and comedy ARF cyclops? Baffling.

Because people actually buying these watches that I work with would NEVER notice slightly off dial colors, lume, date wheel, or cyclops. These guys buy expensive watches and don't know anything about them. 99% of people I work with who purchased a GMT have no clue what the function is.

The wrong "1" is immediately noticeable.

Working in the banking world, I know for a fact thet will not notice lume LOLOL you guys crack me up for real.

Last edited:
Reactions: skils4sale

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21

I do know what's best, for myself. Wtf? Condescending much?

Some tells are FAR more noticable than others, especially to people who aren't even enthusiasts and just buy expensive watches because that's what people in the industry do.

You crack me up, getting so triggered some people make their own choice based on tells I consider more apparent and obvious? LOL okay buddy.

ARF threads on here were pages long saying how good it was and especially the materials. You yourself said the ARF bracelet is great, and since I'm buying the gen by summertime, things like that are more important for me. I also do want to go to a meeting and not be called out immediately for something like the "1" being wrong on the dial, which is the easiest tell on the XF.

Other question, why are you so condescending? Do you realize how unfriendly you sound with each reply?? Not everyone will always agree with you. No need to take it so personally. Chill my guy LOL

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Because people actually buying these watches that I work with would NEVER notice slightly off dial colors, lume, date wheel, or cyclops. These guys buy expensive watches and don't know anything about them.

So no chance of them noticing the most widely known tells of a fake Rolex, which the ARF does a perfect job of showing, but when it comes to a period correct ‘1’ these ‘banking world’ chaps are all clued up.... Yeah, right.

Reactions: YellowFin

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I also do want to go to a meeting and not be called out immediately for something like the "1" being wrong on the dial, which is the easiest tell on the XF.
I owned the ARF 126600 and switched to the XF. You can barely se the "1" without a loupe, the hard angles of the ARF dial markes are far more visible to the naked eye. The laughable crystal of the ARF is even easier to spot. The XF bracelet is just as good BTW, feels great on the wrist!

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
So no chance of them noticing the most widely known tells of a fake Rolex, which the ARF does a perfect job of showing, but when it comes to a period correct ‘1’ these ‘banking world’ chaps are all clued up.... Yeah, right.

absolutely. It's an incorrect character. People can definitely notice something that easy full stop.

They don't give a damn about lume accuracy LOL.

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
I owned the ARF 126600 and switched to the XF. You can barely se the "1" without a loupe, the hard angles of the ARF dial markes are far more visible to the naked eye. The laughable crystal of the ARF is even easier to spot. The XF bracelet is just as good BTW, feels great on the wrist!

Now the crystal is laughable? When there were pages of threads saying the ARF was great?

​​​​​Do you also have the ARF v4? Just curious.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
These v4 arf markers are very noticeable and nothing like gen at all
ff7635f90c407b80e6148f70b0b9e4bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Now the crystal is laughable? When there were pages of threads saying the ARF was great?

​​​​​Do you also have the ARF v4? Just curious.

I'm sure you'll find threads where everyone's going nuts about the awesome Noob v7 Submariner rep. And back in 1995 the Intel Pentium with 200MHz was the shit. The rep world is turning fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: muiramas

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
Nobody I work with is noticing the difference between these two markers. I don't even see a difference to be honest.

Everybody will notice an incorrect character on a dial.

Last edited:

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
I'm sure you'll find threads where everyone's going nuts about the awesome Noob v7 Submariner rep. And back in 1995 the Intel Pentium with 200MHz was the shit. The rep world is turning fast.

There are diminishing returns as reps have been super good for a while now. I think we all need to be reminded of that. For this very reason is why an incorrect character on a dial cannot happen in 2021 IMO.

Helpful info though so I appreciate that.

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
There are diminishing returns as reps have been super good for a while now. I think we all need to be reminded of that. For this very reason is why an incorrect character on a dial cannot happen in 2021 IMO.

Helpful info though so I appreciate that.

As a retired financier I can say with 100% surety that (W)bankers won’t have a clue about the 1!!
With every passing post you are just showing that you also have no clue what to look at so get your outdated ARF and quit while you are behind with guys that certainly know better! Enjoy!

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
As an ARF fan I can say XF has done an excellent first example nailing many details AR never got quite right. AR has solid quality and gen like feel and finish, but it missed some details like the crown guard shape. Not getting an XF because of the “1” flaw is silly. Overall XF is the closest to gen SD43 we’ve had.

I should know, I’ve had every ARF from the 2017 release :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../330863-arf-sd43-904l-126600-review-many-pics

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
As a retired financier I can say with 100% surety that (W)bankers won’t have a clue about the 1!!
With every passing post you are just showing that you also have no clue what to look at so get your outdated ARF and quit while you are behind with guys that certainly know better! Enjoy!

I certainly will enjoy! Will serve as a great piece before my Gen.

Oh and btw, as a banker, I can assure you industry folks will notice a character flaw before noticing any of the other flaws you've listed. But again, this isn't the only reason. ARF materials, weight and feel reached a consensus of being gen like so that's my main focus of going for ARF.

With each passing post you look more and more like a complete jerk, getting so triggered by someone else's decision LOL. Calm down my guy and live a little!

Cheers my friend!

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
You are just one of many of the new breed of ‘know it all’ members and of no consequence to me.
I wouldn’t bother asking questions if you have no respect for the experience offered to you by the members here! Run along now.

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
Ah, young gun that needs to mention it multiple times in this thread that he's a banker. As someone who currently owns gen and ARF 126600s and has an XF on the way, I can confirm that you're just flat out wrong if you think the ARF is superior. If you're worried about being called out for a non gen in a certain environment I think you're probably already out of place.

But perhaps you should now be worried about someone calling you out, as I'll be keeping my eye out for young analysts and associates wearing an ARF 126600, and this would also be a great message to throw up on Bloomberg chat tomorrow morning; however fortunately I don't think we run in the same circles.

As fun as this is, can we get back on topic?

Reactions: muiramas