• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Rolex 126234 Datejust 36 Fluted Blue Dial Mini Review

ab1112

Getting To Know The Place
18/11/21
lugs and hour markers are pretty off. will wait for v2

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
Just got mine and can only attest to everything that was said by OP. This is an awesome watch OOTB. Although not perfect, I’m not bothered by the lug shape at all. I think the overall feeling of the watch compensates for the lug shape by far.

Other minor disturbances are the (expectedly) too shiny bezel and the - in my option - a little too loose click on the clasp.

I’ll get the bezel replated and change to a gen crystal then post some before and after pics.

Reactions: AG91

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
Great review (y)
The case shape is a no go for me. Hope they'll fix/rework it!

zantiss

Certified
23/5/09
Hi Jackster88!

thanks For the comprehensive review and photos. I am in the market for a 41mm fluted blue Dj. would you still choose VSF over a Clean for that version too?

I understand the crystal on the vsf is much better but do you think an untrained eye would notice?

thxs!

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
Hi Jackster88!

thanks For the comprehensive review and photos. I am in the market for a 41mm fluted blue Dj. would you still choose VSF over a Clean for that version too?

I understand the crystal on the vsf is much better but do you think an untrained eye would notice?

thxs!
There is a lot of info in numerous other threads about the 41 - just use the search function and you’ll find a lot of useful opinions.

If you’re looking for a quick answer I’ve had both the CF and the VSF 41, and although both are high quality reps I see no reason not to go for the VSF. But that’s just me. As for the crystal I’d say yes it’s a noticeable difference to VSF advantage.

Reactions: zantiss

zantiss

Certified
23/5/09
There is a lot of info in numerous other threads about the 41 - just use the search function and you’ll find a lot of useful opinions.

If you’re looking for a quick answer I’ve had both the CF and the VSF 41, and although both are high quality reps I see no reason not to go for the VSF. But that’s just me. As for the crystal I’d say yes it’s a noticeable difference to VSF advantage.
Thanks!

I did review but cannot figure out (for me) what’s more important, the look of the Crystal (arf) of the color the dial (Clean). I will keep an eye on this topic and pull the trigger sooner than later ;)

Reactions: SwePe

jackster88

5 Digit Addict
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/3/22
Singapore
Update as of 14/3/2023: I have bought the CF version as well, and I must say it is quite a bit better than the VSF in terms of case shape. The blue dials from CF aren't as rich and close to gen as VSF, but the mint green dials are beautiful. Better than VSF's color in my opinion.

Just needs a crystal swap to a deep, prof, or gen and you will have a very satisfying franken.

Here is a photo of my CF with a Deep Crystal and Gen smooth bezel.

Victorparis92

28/2/23
Paris
Update as of 14/3/2023: I have bought the CF version as well, and I must say it is quite a bit better than the VSF in terms of case shape. The blue dials from CF aren't as rich and close to gen as VSF, but the mint green dials are beautiful. Better than VSF's color in my opinion.

Just needs a crystal swap to a deep, prof, or gen and you will have a very satisfying franken.

What would you recommand for a black DJ 36 flueted ? VSF or CLEAN ? Would you be kind to detail? Thanks so much !

Jan2894

1/2/23
Spain
Hii! i just got a dj 36 mm from VSF for my wife. Does anybody know if I can change it for a gen smooth bezel? Thanks!!

rastaboy_2006

Known Member
21/8/19
how

how is the movement? is it not noisy compared to VSF?

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
I have experienced that the new gen 32.. movements have in general a way noisier rotor compared to the 31.. movements.

rastaboy_2006

Known Member
21/8/19
I have experienced that the new gen 32.. movements have in general a way noisier rotor compared to the 31.. movements.
ow? i did not know that? is the noise noticeable? anyone compared the VSF and clean movement in terms of noise?

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
ow? i did not know that? is the noise noticeable? anyone compared the VSF and clean movement in terms of noise?
No, the noise is only noticeable if you shake the watch near your ear. Same thing with the clean 3235 movement I’ve had in my Datejust 41 from them. It is louder than a VS3135 but only near the ear. So overall I think it won’t be very noticeable at all in all the good rep movements as well as the gen ones.