• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Oyster Perpetual 36&41 out

watchpit

🍌 go bananas 🍌
Certified
24/4/19
EU
Awesome, you are right, seems pretty good ootb. With this I need to keep calm and not pull the trigger.

mapimages

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/23
Jacksonville, FL
Has anyone ordered a vsf OP 41 in green yet? Curious to know how high quality QC photos came out. I am interested in this piece, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. $498 plus shipping is pulling me back and forth when my vsf sub cost that much.

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
In terms of bezel, case and measurements, is it the same as the gen? Some older versions from other factories had domed bezels or other imperfections.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Originally ordered the OP36 with celebration dial from Jtime, decided to go with the 41. Li sourced it in 41 but "not from EWF". I didn't follow up if it was VSF but it's likely. Pretty pleased with the colorway online compared to online gen images (included for reference).
GMF

Reactions: Sweetrep

Golex

Supporter
Certified
18/8/23
UK
In terms of bezel, case and measurements, is it the same as the gen? Some older versions from other factories had domed bezels or other imperfections.
It looks pretty close to me (good enough that i’ve ordered one) but difficult to know for sure without side by side with gen. If anyone knows of any side by side comparisons between the 36mm VSF Op and gen please post a link

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
in fact I'm not finding the usual comparison threads between vsf and gen. do you ever come I'm undecided whether to take it because I have the gen and I'm tempted to make the comparison and understand if it's worth keeping the gen or not

Reaps

-
25/9/22
in fact I'm not finding the usual comparison threads between vsf and gen. do you ever come I'm undecided whether to take it because I have the gen and I'm tempted to make the comparison and understand if it's worth keeping the gen or not
There's some pictures in this thread. They look pretty close. But gen is gen.

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
Obviously the gen is the gen but on some I think the difference is minimal. I already have the blue gen and I'm satisfied but I have the "temptation" to take it blue to make a real comparison and see if there are any differences on my wrist and then decide which one to keep. I have to say it's a bit pricey though

Reactions: Adam_Smith

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Obviously the gen is the gen but on some I think the difference is minimal. I already have the blue gen and I'm satisfied but I have the "temptation" to take it blue to make a real comparison and see if there are any differences on my wrist and then decide which one to keep. I have to say it's a bit pricey though
The dark blue dial looks pretty good, the color is like 90% of the way there unlike the rest of the dials. Other than the soft VSF lugs which most don't care about then I think you'll be happy. The OP is quite simple so not too much to worry about gen vs rep. Post pics if you go for it!

Reactions: MiGra66

Golex

Supporter
Certified
18/8/23
UK
The dark blue dial looks pretty good, the color is like 90% of the way there unlike the rest of the dials. Other than the soft VSF lugs which most don't care about then I think you'll be happy. The OP is quite simple so not too much to worry about gen vs rep. Post pics if you go for it!
I’ve ordered the dark blue which does look great, but the green looks pretty much spot on too

mapimages

7/8/23
Jacksonville, FL
I know this is vsf thread, but I see clean has the 3230 out now in many colors for the 41mm...anyone have a chance to pull the trigger on one?

Golex

Supporter
Certified
18/8/23
UK
I’ve just got QC pictures through for my VSF OP36, and amongst other things (dial shifted to left slightly, slight misaligned indices and crown logo) the join between the first link of the bracelet and the end link on the 12oclock side looks really wonky/wobbly, certainly much more so than my much cheaper BP Op36, or any other watch I own for that matter. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thinking of RLing because of this (and the other things contributing), do you think that is fair?

Golex

Supporter
Certified
18/8/23
UK
I’ve just got QC pictures through for my VSF OP36, and amongst other things (dial shifted to left slightly, slight misaligned indices and crown logo) the join between the first link of the bracelet and the end link on the 12oclock side looks really wonky/wobbly, certainly much more so than my much cheaper BP Op36, or any other watch I own for that matter. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thinking of RLing because of this (and the other things contributing), do you think that is fair?