• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Zie5No.jpg

this ?

Those are it. They are almost like a pill shape and act as shoes. They sit in the recessed channels of the clasp and allow your clasp to adjust in and out.

I suspect the clasp will completely fail and fall apart before those shoes wear down or crack tbh.

I’ll check what’s on my 116618.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19

Yes, in person they are a lot more obvious. The plastic is black and when you shine a light over it, it becomes more prevalent.

I miedo-adjust my clasp multiple times a day so I’ll live with it until it wears out on me.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Can we please for the love of god stop this nonsense!

my picture above is my gen 116610ln. The small slide feet are NOT supposed to be bright metal colored.

Here is a new genuine set in blister
ZiekKF.jpg
ZieXR5.jpg

Last edited:

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19

my picture above is my gen 116610ln. The small slide feet are NOT supposed to be bright metal colored.

ZiekKF.jpg
ZieXR5.jpg

My man, no one is making a big deal about it. I’m simply supporting a comment that I made in my review and was also made by another member who wasn’t able to post pictures of it.

I also have a Gen No Date I bought from an AD in July of this year, the Gen Clasp guide inserts are a much stronger material.

I wasn’t comparing this to a gen, I was comparing to other reps that have metal clasp guides - like my RXF - and shine when you throw a light at them (that’s an easy tell for anyone who was interested in know, is what I was getting at.)

I’m not loving my VSF any less because of this I’m just supporting what myself and other people have claimed.

Last edited:

walla65

20/5/19

ZiekKF.jpg
ZieXR5.jpg

solved the problem ... it seemed strange to me that VSF was lost for so little ...

Last edited:

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Thanks for that. So much nonsense gets perpetuated around here.

What nonsense is being perpetuated?

“The clasp guide inserts are plastic”
“Prove it, show me pics”

Pics Inserted supporting the fact - followed by “I don’t love my VSF any less”

Help me find the perpetuated nonsense here?

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Guess I’m keeping the arf bracelet lol just for the sake of it cause I already have it, might as well and throw my arf hands on it too.

I know it’s prob in the other thread but is vsf 904l finally? I know they said zzf v3 isn’t? Doesn’t matter really but maybe one more thing to keep my arf bracelet on the vsf if it isn’t.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

“Prove it, show me pics”

Nonsense in the sense that people misunderstand and think this is a cheap-out rep only thing.
The comment was not directed at yours or you.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

“Prove it, show me pics”

Because the obvious implication of your messages was that it was somehow a flaw (when in fact it makes it even more Gen like).

walla65

20/5/19
well this is precisely the place to expose doubts ... then there are the more experienced ones who can answer ... then there are those who do it in a kind way and those who are pedantic ....

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada

ZiekKF.jpg
ZieXR5.jpg

Here's mine for added verification:

Last edited:

walla65

20/5/19
Because the obvious implication of your messages was that it was somehow a flaw (when in fact it makes it even more Gen like).
but there is a way and a way to answer .... once you understand what he was referring to, it was enough to say that it is the same as the gen ... without attacking him ...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
but there is a way and a way to answer .... once you understand what he was referring to, it was enough to say that it is the same as the gen ... without attacking him ...

He was simply told he was perpetuating nonsense. Which he was. No one said his wife was fat and ugly and that he has bad breath.

Reactions: Therion666

Tete

4/11/16
Sadly There is plastic there ☹️.... are you saying the LN bracelet doesn’t have this issue?

"But they had to cut corners somewhere to keep the cost down"....

I'd like to understand why they get lost in these little things ..... how much can this "saving" on the final cost of the entire watch? Do they affect its duration over time for a few cents?

my Vsf is made of metal, although gen seems to use black plastic, which could be acceptable for Vsf as well.
Zi5pjP.jpg
sorry, I had not seen that this had already been published above
Zi5COW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Because I wrote “sadly?” And gave my opinion I’m spreading nonsense?

Oh for goodness sake, I’m not entertaining this further other than to say you implication was very obviously that the plastic shoes should not be there. Don’t get so upset by some random guy on the internet.

What you weren’t saying was ‘Sadly, the construction and materials are just like the gen’

Good day.

Last edited: