• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF come back

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I just picked up what I believe is a v2 1314 from VSF for back to normal prices, I hope to have it early next week, will post pics, review against VSF 1312 and 1313 I already have..
The v2 has the correct SS Hands and what appears to be darker/greyer Lume..

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Slight topic detour, ish...
Have TTF developed or got a clone movement?
Will know when I get the 1314 in hand but getting confused that the 1314 I have on the way is TTF with a clone movement and not VSF?

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
So far, I have not heard a single mention of TTF clones.

The same dial is possible, but the TTF has it not bad at all for this model, and at the same time it has an uneven font print on the dial (at least the first batch), so you could recognize it on QC.

Reactions: JayBee0815

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Thanks.. me too, I hadn't head of TTF making/acquiring any clone movements..

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Just landed... Dimensions, weight, clone movement all checks out to be the same as my 1312 and 1313.. this could very well be what it was advertised as, VSF v2 with correct hands..
If it’s a TTF v2 then they’ve done a very good job!!
Either way, win win!

Blshh

Renowned Member
2/6/19
Not get weather today.. will take more pics in better lighting..
The 1312 and 1313 are VSF the 1314 arrived today and is claimed to be a VSF.. let others review and decide..
stacked with 1312 on the bottom, then 1313 with the 1314 on top.

Pam1313 still show the different even in ambient lighting. ENJOY ....

Reactions: jonnybaws

Ecko

Horology Curious
3/9/12
I just picked up what I believe is a v2 1314 from VSF for back to normal prices, I hope to have it early next week, will post pics, review against VSF 1312 and 1313 I already have..
The v2 has the correct SS Hands and what appears to be darker/greyer Lume..

Who did you order it from? I’m definitely ordering one. Looks great.

watchpeeps

Looking Around
8/7/21
I don't understand the skepticism and no offense, but I'm wondering how long it will take until people here realize VSF and other factories are indeed back in operation.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
I don't understand the skepticism and no offense, but I'm wondering how long it will take until people here realize VSF and other factories are indeed back in operation.

Never! Even after 5 years watches will still be advertised as "pre raid VSF"

Old skoool VSF >>>> new VSF :p:p

Seriously though. The 1314 might be my next PAM

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Has anyone sourced any VSF DJ41 from TDs recently?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation

Perhaps you are right, no one argues with this, it's just that VSF supplies conditions are still different from the factories that were not affected by raids.
At the moment, there is no situation when all TDs receive any models of the current (pre-raid) assortment, according to typical terms, with the possibility of replacing a watch that is not suitable for QC, with the order of individual parts, not to mention new prices. And of course, without systematic releases of new models. There is no need to mention watches sold as VSF with old parts, or hybrids with parts from other factories.

We are not talking about "factory operation" in terms of a formal definition, but we regularly get confirmation that the VSF does not fulfill the usual conditions that we saw before (before the raids), and according to which the factories that were not affected by the raids work.

I repeat, perhaps this is a new reality of the form of their interaction, but we draw conclusions from what we see in practice, and not hear from different sources.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Perhaps you are right, no one argues with this, it's just that VSF supplies conditions are still different from the factories that were not affected by raids.
At the moment, there is no situation when all TDs receive any models of the current (pre-raid) assortment, according to typical terms, with the possibility of replacing a watch that is not suitable for QC, with the order of individual parts, not to mention new prices. And of course, without systematic releases of new models. There is no need to mention watches sold as VSF with old parts, or hybrids with parts from other factories.

We are not talking about "factory operation" in terms of a formal definition, but we regularly get confirmation that the VSF does not fulfill the usual conditions that we saw before (before the raids), and according to which the factories that were not affected by the raids work.

I repeat, perhaps this is a new reality of the form of their interaction, but we draw conclusions from what we see in practice, and not hear from different sources.

Ok but Current VSF not very big difference, the difference maybe correction and more close to genuine in my eyes same DNA if not better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14

When I see the new 44mm Subs rep'd :-D
J/K. I believe they are back but they're only appear to be releasing old model's, stock they had piled up elsewhere before shutdown, I want to see the new model's rep'd!

Reactions: KOT1917

toxoviper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/12/11
Not get weather today.. will take more pics in better lighting..
The 1312 and 1313 are VSF the 1314 arrived today and is claimed to be a VSF.. let others review and decide..
jfUTen.jpg

Hey guys. I just noticed something with the finishing of the current VSF models for the 13xx series. Take a look between the lugs? See the two-tone vertical finishing? Above the lugs is a different finish from between the lugs. I don't think this was an issue before.

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
There are maybe some good news from another front. Yesterday Andrew added a stated "VSF Neiman Marcus Omega" to his shop. Ok, this particular Rep is kind of strange but if it is really from VSF, this one is de facto the first new VSF-Rep since the raids. So there is at least a glimpse of hope, that VSF or a factory that inherited the name VSF is back in business and hopefully we can see also some new VSF-Pam-Reps in the future. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Route66

24/4/21
By looking at the (short) crownguards, I might say that the case is actually the one which was used by VSF.
Opinions welcome.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
There are maybe some good news from another front. Yesterday Andrew added a stated "VSF Neiman Marcus Omega" to his shop. Ok, this particular Rep is kind of strange but if it is really from VSF, this one is de facto the first new VSF-Rep since the raids. So there is at least a glimpse of hope, that VSF or a factory that inherited the name VSF is back in business and hopefully we can see also some new VSF-Pam-Reps in the future. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thats a good sign, so far their Pams have been re-releases or slight upgrades on models they already rep'd before the shut down..
I want to see the new 44mm Subs rep'd and hopefully a good version of the 1080, 662, 663 and 992.. I don't want much :-D