• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Here is a little comparison in a specific angle and lighting, I always wonder how close overall the grey version is.

REP
VRCLsA.jpg

GEN
VRCjOT.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

From thouse pictures! I’d say the Rep looks better! More crisp and brighter more beautiful Dial. But it might be the picture.

Reactions: chentepilot

Pyknic

24/10/17
Can anyone with the rubber strap version tell me if it uses curved spring bars? I picked up one on a metal bracelet and bought the rubber strap separately, just wondering when I switch over if the same set of bars will suffice. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You won’t need bent bars

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
love it on VSF rubber too

I really like the look of the rubber, but I am struggling with paying $88 for a piece of rubber. Can you elaborate a bit more on the quality of this rubber? Can you compare it to any other rubber straps that I have had or that are common? Seiko, Toxic NATO, Borealis, Isofrane, CrafterBlue, Everest, RubberB? I have had them all....

Reactions: Pyknic

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Hi everyone, after reading most if not all 76 pages of replies on this thread, I'm pretty set on getting the V2 black. But there are some reservations still regarding the movement and water resistance.

For those that got it, how is the 2824 clone holding up? Is it keeping good time? Do I need to get it serviced by a local watchsmith upon receiving it? I've read about the hit-or-miss reliability of them, and I'm just wondering will it last another 2-3 years or so until I've saved up to get the gen haha

Also about the water resistance of it, have anyone here taken theirs for a dip? I'm not talking diving all, but the ability to wuthstawi a shower and a occasional swim will be really nice. Will it be able to do that? Thanks for reading and hope to get some replies soon haha

It’s actually a 2836-2 rather than a 2824 and the accuracy is quite astounding, mine is running at +3/4 seconds per day after 5 months.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: vcappp and Pyknic

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Hi, my seasmaster 300m v2 seems to be running 10 seconds slow on average overa 24 hour period. Is this normal or bad? I've seen a few posts here say there's is keeping +1s/d so am wondering if there is anything I can do to sort this?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi, my seasmaster 300m v2 seems to be running 10 seconds slow on average overa 24 hour period. Is this normal or bad? I've seen a few posts here say there's is keeping +1s/d so am wondering if there is anything I can do to sort this?

-10s/day is excellent. You could probably improve that slightly by regulating it, but honestly I wouldn't bother. The reason that people are posting about +/-1 or two is because that is basically unheard of even among gen swiss watchers costing $10,000 or more

Reactions: DetektivTudor

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18

The best you could do without opening it, is rest the watch dial up when not wearing, also make sure it's well wound. This might make a difference, up to +1s/d or +2s/d, it did for mine. I averaged -2.5.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
I just came back from a Caribbean cruise with mine, I took it in pools, hot tubs and snorkelling in the ocean without an issue. Puretime water tests although they don’t guarantee it so I usually use an independent but didn’t have a chance this time before I left so took a chance.

The movement is is a powerhouse, absolutely no need to service immediately and mine is running +1.8seconds.

Great to know!

I usually get all of my divers water tested and treated.

Has anyone opened up the caseback yet to examine the faux He crown and valve?

Was wondering if it is just a faux crown only or whether it actually went thru to the other side of the case and needed to be sealed for water.

Reactions: SWI

Cloney

Supporter
13/12/16
Germany
I really like the look of the rubber, but I am struggling with paying $88 for a piece of rubber. Can you elaborate a bit more on the quality of this rubber? Can you compare it to any other rubber straps that I have had or that are common? Seiko, Toxic NATO, Borealis, Isofrane, CrafterBlue, Everest, RubberB? I have had them all....

I only can compare it with the BP, Noob or VSF Rubbers for the Omega PO. Borealis rubbers are on their way to me
the quality is very, very good. It feels so soft. And very important for me, it doesn‘t smell chemical.
But i am with you.... 88$ are way too much for a little piece rubber

mattymarske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
-10s/day is excellent. You could probably improve that slightly by regulating it, but honestly I wouldn't bother. The reason that people are posting about +/-1 or two is because that is basically unheard of even among gen swiss watchers costing $10,000 or more

Slightly off topic but this makes me feel even more pleased with the performance of my AliExpress special £40 Sekaro wave dial "Speedmaster" . Currently running at +2.6 seconds since January wearing most days. Bezel action is even better than my citizen Promaster diver ....... although the crown unscrewed from the stem last week when I was messing about hand winding it (even though it's not stopped on me yet - I think PR is over 30hrs.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v6KbVayMQUhHy8UT7https://photos.app.goo.gl/v6KbVayMQUhHy8UT7​​​​​​

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK

The best you could do without opening it, is rest the watch dial up when not wearing, also make sure it's well wound. This might make a difference, up to +1s/d or +2s/d, it did for mine. I averaged -2.5.

Thank you both for your reply. I am glad mine is normal. I don't keep the watch wound all the way, I just give it a few swirls and put it on the wrist. My hand keeps it moving all day. I'm afraid that if I wind manually, I may overwind and break the movement.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'm afraid that if I wind manually, I may overwind and break the movement.

This seems to be a fairly common misconception to those new to mechanical movements. There is a clutch in the movement that prevents it from being overwound. Wind it up when you have to, wear it when you want to & don't worry about over winding the movement. It is literally impossible to overwind a mechanical movement unless it is already broken.