• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thanks for your reply!

My original idea was to patiently wait ( as much as I can ) for the VSF 2018 Seamaster to be updated. And now it's here and all I see are QC pics with messed up dials :( This is why I started thinking that the MKS would be a better idea. I have no strength left to deal with QC rejections anymore or explaining the obvious to the TD ( this purchase is actually a plan B scenario of my original purchase, which was the Noob Daytona and they couldn't find a watch without any obvious flaws for the life of them and didn't even understand my issues...)

Are there any screaming inaccuracies on the MKS SMPc besides the bezel engraving being a bit too deep? And too much purple AR on the crystal?

I actually like the old SMP design a bit better, it looks more stylish and the He valve doesn't look like a toothpaste cap :D

Oh, a questions of the owners of the V2 VSF - does it have a red seal under the He valve ( gen does, but you can see it only when it's unscrewed ).

V4 MKS has 4 flaws. You already named two.
3rd - claps, the edge is wide and shiny, which is correct for 8800 but not for 2500 model (similar flaw as VSF PO8500 clasp has).
4th - case. MKS still does use a mid-case for pre-ceramic model. Meaning the height is correct, but the shape of lugs and cgs isn't. It is very subtle, but once you learn the difference is it hard to make it unseen.

Last edited:

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
This is my first MKS SM 300, and I am very happy with it. The only issue I have is when I pull the crown to 2nd position it moves the dial ever so slightly to the right. Overall I am quite pleased with the quality and accuracy. I received it from Ryan on Monday, and it's been on my wrist this whole week. A beautiful peice to look down at my wrist and admire.

I had bought a previous version in black in late 2016 from another TD, I believe that was from V6F. It had alot of QC issues for me, cracked bezel, uneven engraving, crown wouldn't screw down, and it was way too thick. I had given up wearing it for over 2 years, and then decided to take the plunge with the new version from MKS.

Having this new blue version, I can finally begin to appreciate this watch the way I intended to feel years ago and was sadly disappointed. If this watch had any huge QC issues on the dial and bezel, I wouldn't be wearing it.

That is why I decided to go with the classic and bypass the newer model. Perhaps once they refine it further, would I personally feel justified in picking it up. Until then, I recommend sticking with the classic.

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Yes Watchfinder was my TD. Tim aka Fat Panda is fantastic. He gives you a nice video and high res photos plus great communication.

Reactions: SWI

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
V4 MKS has 4 flaws. You already named two.
3rd - claps, the edge is wide and shiny, which is correct for 8800 but not for 2500 model (similar flaw as VSF PO8500 clasp has).
4th - case. MKS still does use a mid-case for pre-ceramic model. Meaning the height is correct, but the shape of lugs and cgs isn't. It is very subtle, but once you learn the difference is it hard to make it unseen.

- insert deep engraving has really improved on the last v4. I read that you can detect it just scratching with your nail on the insert (or of course, with 10x zoomed pics).
- are you sure the case is different? I read that it is one of the best cases ever made for an omega.. that was regarding the V2 but i doubt they made another one for latest versions..
can you post a couple pics of these differences?
Also I can't seem to find the issue you mentioned regarding the clasp. should it be smaller?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
- insert deep engraving has really improved on the last v4. I read that you can detect it just scratching with your nail on the insert (or of course, with 10x zoomed pics).
- are you sure the case is different? I read that it is one of the best cases ever made for an omega.. that was regarding the V2 but i doubt they made another one for latest versions..
can you post a couple pics of these differences?
Also I can't seem to find the issue you mentioned regarding the clasp. should it be smaller?

What you read was my post in the thread dedicated to MKS rep lol
Also, I posted there a photo of the clasp, just check it.

Guys, pls keep it clean as the thread for VSF 2018 rep, ok?

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I think another tell is the pearl. It seems too "inside" the insert, whilst the gen one is slightly more outside.
i can live with that better than a misaligned bezel scalop/insert..

My thought is that with a closed back they had less work to do on cloning the movement aesthetics and focus energy and costs to the rest of the watch

No, the pearl is perfect, exactly as per my gen:

4.jpg

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Thank you guys for your feedback. I decided to take a chance with the black VSF SMP. I'll post some pics after I approve them.

Reactions: Pietros

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
What you read was my post in the thread dedicated to MKS rep lol
Also, I posted there a photo of the clasp, just check it.

Guys, pls keep it clean as the thread for VSF 2018 rep, ok?

Ok, I'll continue it on New seamaster 300m mks v3
idk whether Mr.JC has been lucky with his or if i am unlucky with mine as I'm rejecting fourth watch QC pics..
Not being anal at all, just bad bad bezel inserts

right now the new model is winning again :D

Reactions: Pietros

rtputter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/19
Not happy with 12 0 clock markers?

Yep. The first watch had messy lume on the right marker. Second one is perfect lume except it's crooked.

I honestly really wasn't sure when I rejected the first but I think now that I was right.

Last edited:

jonrock

Supporter
Certified
4/3/16
Sigh. Mate just rejected my 4th lot of QC pictures....
Have you got a snap of the messy lume marker?
J