• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Answer to Lume issues

Get out more ;)

Other angles and different light settings would really help!

What is your opinion how bad is it in general in real-life? Has anyone compared to Gen? It's only releasing next month

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
To be honest I am sort of getting tired of all the crying and whining about the lume in this thread. At most it is marginally noticeable to someone that actually knows. There are literally hundreds of pics of gens over on WUS in which roughly half show the gen being pretty stark white and the other half show the gen as having a slight off white or warm white color to it. I have personally been to the AD multiple times and to me they are very close. I will admit that I do not own the gen so I can not do a good comparison with pics, but at the same time I know that there is just no way anyone else would ever notice.

Now if you are really all that hung up on it, why don't you get the dial and hands re-lumed with a more pure white color?

I have still yet to see what I would call a valid comparison in controlled lighting with all the same camera settings.

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
I have a blue and grey V2 and honestly cannot complain about lume color. For me these are great reps.

Reactions: lambo79

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
I wouldn't be concerned with other dial colors like black or blue, but especially with the new white dial it might be a big contrast yellow lume vs white dial. I hope you get what I mean? :)

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
I wouldn't be concerned with other dial colors like black or blue, but especially with the new white dial it might be a big contrast yellow lume vs white dial. I hope you get what I mean? :)

you mean its more noticeable in white dial than black or blue...

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Guys, could you please confirm it is v2 bracelet?
thanks!

https://clickpix.org/image/3zaQ8

3zaQ8

3zaQ8

kiori

Looking Around
18/10/19
Received my QC pictures, looks great.

Two questions
  1. do the 3 and 9 hour markers look crooked to you all? Or is it just the angle of the photos?
  2. is the date wheel aligned? Looks a bit off in the picture with the date wheel set at 8.
Thanks in advance!

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Received my QC pictures, looks great.

Two questions
  1. do the 3 and 9 hour markers look crooked to you all? Or is it just the angle of the photos?
  2. is the date wheel aligned? Looks a bit off in the picture with the date wheel set at 8.
Thanks in advance!

I got the same watch from the same TD. In my eyes the marker at 9 is off. Was the same on my watch, really annoying. Since I was going to change thy crystal for a Prof-AR anyway I accepted and will have the marker set to a correct position. Date looks ok for me.

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
My bezel click spring for the V2 Seamaster is fried, all three notches are broken.

Since the gen uses another kind of new spring I can’t even replace it with a gen spec spring even if I could somehow order it through offrei or cousinsuk.

Besides it’s a whole other circumference (37.2mm inner 38.8mm outer)

Now my question is would the TD from which I got the watch provide me with such part?

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
My bezel click spring for the V2 Seamaster is fried, all three notches are broken.

Since the gen uses another kind of new spring I can’t even replace it with a gen spec spring even if I could somehow order it through offrei or cousinsuk.

Besides it’s a whole other circumference (37.2mm inner 38.8mm outer)

Now my question is would the TD from which I got the watch provide me with such part?

How did you manage to damage the bezel click spring? Were you trying to make the click more gen like? Just wondering...
No idea if Vsf provide spare parts to dealers but I would expect support from your dealer.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Got my QC for white dial, what do you think about lume color?

Alignment otherwise looks okay, some dates are slightly to the left. SEL has a small gap is this normal?

Have I missed anything?

HmowL.jpg

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Got my QC for white dial, what do you think about lume color?

Alignment otherwise looks okay, some dates are slightly to the left. SEL has a small gap is this normal?

Have I missed anything?

Lume is normal for VSF. Some dates are going to line up better than others. The 2 that is showing is acceptable to me. To Me the SEL gap that you are seeing is fine too. On the wrist these little picky things do not bother me. Gens have flaws too...... just saying.

I would accept that one

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxd

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Thanks for your input!

I've checked some Gen pictures and some also have a light yellow shine on the lume.

Yeah dates are fine I think asked for 4 different with single and two digits.

Hope to get some natural light / daylight pictures otherwise I guess I can greenlight :)

Anyone else spotted something? I can provide more QC pictures if needed.