• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Hopefully not been posted already, looks like RG from VSF on the way.

NYVxtAh.jpg

https://imgur.com/NYVxtAh

hung123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/8/19
Hi everyone - this is my first post here, please go easy on me ???? this seems like an awesome community of watch enthusiasts! I'm not exactly a noob to the replica game although this is my first venture into the rep world...my brother showed me his Planet Ocean rep in 2014 (from Toro I think) and I've been hooked on watches ever since.

I've sent Sead an email for a VSF V2 black dial on bracelet. Hope to post pics in this thread soon, in a month if I'm lucky?

Reactions: Matt88 and zkrollex

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Hi everyone - this is my first post here, please go easy on me ???? this seems like an awesome community of watch enthusiasts! I'm not exactly a noob to the replica game although this is my first venture into the rep world...my brother showed me his Planet Ocean rep in 2014 (from Toro I think) and I've been hooked on watches ever since.

I've sent Sead an email for a VSF V2 black dial on bracelet. Hope to post pics in this thread soon, in a month if I'm lucky?

Welcome to the thread,here you will find almost everything you need to know about SMP 300M.
And don't forget - more images you post,more knowledge for all of us.

Reactions: hung123

Wiroon S

Looking Around
14/8/19
Hi everyone, I am very new member in this thread but I always use my free tme to read many thing in this informative communit. I am very interesting in this model with gley dial but the only one thing that make me hersitat to pull the trigger is the S printed in "seamaster" on the dial. Has anyone concern or warry about the differerent of S if vsf and gen like me

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Hi everyone, I am very new member in this thread but I always use my free tme to read many thing in this informative communit. I am very interesting in this model with gley dial but the only one thing that make me hersitat to pull the trigger is the S printed in "seamaster" on the dial. Has anyone concern or warry about the differerent of S if vsf and gen like me

So far as I'm reading this thread not heard about "S" issue for this particular model.
It will be educational if you post some images to view the difference.

Wiroon S

Looking Around
14/8/19
Thank all for your reply, I have some error to upload the pictures but I wil try....????????????

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
I have a question that has not been resolved yet, re: VSF rubber strap vs. Ali Express vs. Gen

My wrist is fairly small at 6.25 inches and I'd like to go with the V2 steel bracelet but since it has no taper and the watch is reportedly heavy, I'm debating getting it on rubber .

The following points affect my decision:
- another post here reported little price difference between cost of V2 metal bracelet ($80?) vs VSF rubber ($88)
- I like the look/aesthetic of black dial diver on black rubber

3 questions:

Has anyone done an actual side by side comparison of VSF rubber vs. the Gen Omega? I'm concerned with "softness" and 1:1 accuracy of the rep to the gen (I'll pick rubber if it's close).

Do any of you VSF rubber owners find it difficult to re-attach the strap to the watch head after you use it, similar to what Ali rubber strap owners experience? That is, what are the tolerances of the VSF strap to the watch.

And finally has anybody found an Ali Express 1:1 "copy" or mushroom (am I using that term correctly?) of the VSF rubber? The Ali links posted earlier in the thread several times are for a different watch not the 2018 wave dial SMP 300 that don't properly mate with the watch head and I want to avoid that.

Reactions: mattymarske

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
@Wiroon S

Below i have some image for you,but IMO even of the great zoom there isn't something to worry about 'S' Letter in 'Seamaster' word.

GEN-S-VS-REP-S-LETTER.png

Wiroon S

Looking Around
14/8/19
Thank you to zkrollex, I known it is very very small differnt between them but I just a little concern.
from the picture it seem more wide in gen
​​​​​

Reactions: zkrollex

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Thank you to zkrollex, I known it is very very small differnt between them but I just a little concern.
from the picture it seem more wide in gen
​​​​​

Beleve me,if you plan to buy SMP 300M VSF REP,there are absolutely other things you must be worrying.
If you have patience,read this thread from the beginning and you will understand what I'm talking about.Otherwise for you will be very hard to buy this amazing REP.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Hello, can someone explain what maintenance is like with these 8800 movements. I typically stick to eta's cause I hear they're ubiquitous in the watch smith world so I stayed away form Rolex clone movements... VSF does not make ETA's with this so, I am curious how hard would it be for watch smiths to work on these once movement dies?

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Hello, can someone explain what maintenance is like with these 8800 movements. I typically stick to eta's cause I hear they're ubiquitous in the watch smith world so I stayed away form Rolex clone movements... VSF does not make ETA's with this so, I am curious how hard would it be for watch smiths to work on these once movement dies?

This isn’t a clone movement, it’s a decorated ETA.

Suggest you do more reading. The rest of this thread would be a good place to start.

Reactions: Duckber

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
At the risk of sounding like an ignorant noob, does anyone know the answer(s) to post #2191 ?

I'm getting ready to order the black on rubber but want to make sure that the correct rubber cannot be purchased on AliEx or DH gate separately. If it can be acquired for less than the TD's $88 asking price, I'll go black dial + bracelet and buy the rubber separately.

Thanks to all kindly in advance.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
At the risk of sounding like an ignorant noob, does anyone know the answer(s) to post #2191 ?

I'm getting ready to order the black on rubber but want to make sure that the correct rubber cannot be purchased on AliEx or DH gate separately. If it can be acquired for less than the TD's $88 asking price, I'll go black dial + bracelet and buy the rubber separately.

Thanks to all kindly in advance.

Rubber is lighter in color and stiffer - it is not rubber at all. 2nd strap retainer does not have securing nipple for last hole on strap. Last hole is not triangular. Buckle is fine but looks less refined than the other. So despite the stiff price, I think the $88 one is superior.

Reactions: hung123

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
Lagunax - thanks for explaining and including all those details, very helpful. I will go rubber over bracelet since I've never been crazy about the non-taper, 90's era styling of the SMP300 bracelet.