• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Usernametaken Awesome, wear it in good health! :plugintree:

So where are all the guys who complained about the "bad recess" of the VSF? :lol3:

I mean, if you insist on me giving my opinion...
ZINc8D.jpg

The fit and finish of the end links and the lug of this gen is beautiful. It's just excellent. It's not as low as the previous gen but it still looks stunning and high quality.

ZINgvk.jpg

The fit and finish of the end links into the lugs here look low quality and cheap.

Sorry, this is not changing my mind. Truthfully I'm confused as to how I'm in the minority on this. There's a clear difference in quality. It's not just about the recession. It's the overall look. VSF failed miserably in this area.

Oh and congrats on the gen Usernametaken - gorgeous piece!

Last edited:
Reactions: rwacc

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ZI7wyj.jpg

ZI7TrK.jpg

Got mine yesterday. I think it is very nicely made. Movement is butter to wind, crown thread in smoothly and centered. I just think that the bracelet is a bit light, claps have some noise ????

Looks lovely but they’ve done the mismatched Lume and flat hands again as per the 116 model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I mean, if you insist on me giving my opinion...
ZINc8D.jpg

The fit and finish of the end links and the lug of this gen is beautiful. It's just excellent. It's not as low as the previous gen but it still looks stunning and high quality.

ZINgvk.jpg

The fit and finish of the end links into the lugs here look low quality and cheap.

Sorry, this is not changing my mind. Truthfully I'm confused as to how I'm in the minority on this. There's a clear difference in quality. It's not just about the recession. It's the overall look. VSF failed miserably in this area.

Oh and congrats on the gen Usernametaken - gorgeous piece!

agreed with you on this example, but it’s hard to say 100% as it was shot with a potato and the blur line and excessive image smoothing would make a Gen look shite too. Other examples are closer to Gen.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
agreed with you on this example, but it’s hard to say 100% as it was shot with a potato and the blur line and excessive image smoothing would make a Gen look shite too. Other examples are closer to Gen.

I have yet to see one shot of the VSF 41mm in any picture whatsoever that comes close to the quality of the gen lug to end link profile. I am more than welcome to have my mind changed.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
One guy dude, just one guy - he’ll be here soon saying the SEL on the gen should be more recessed, because Rolex have batches because he saw it on a video.

edit - he already did...

Right. I complimented the gen and said it looked fantastic. Keep in mind my gripe with the VSF is not just the "recession" or how deep it is but rather how cheap the area looks. It's not refined and looks very cheap. And I think I have backed that up ;)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ZI7wyj.jpg

ZI7TrK.jpg

Got mine yesterday. I think it is very nicely made. Movement is butter to wind, crown thread in smoothly and centered. I just think that the bracelet is a bit light, claps have some noise ????

Looks lovely but they’ve done the mismatched Lume and flat hands again as per the 116 model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
ZIR57K.jpg

looks good to me but hey, I’m no expert.

I mentioned this in another post earlier but VSFs recession seems to be lopsided. One side is deeper than the other. Gen is uniform. It's also hard to gauge the quality in an aerial shot, but ther VSF fit and finish between the lugs does not look as quality. Look at the strange opening on the bottom right SEL. It's just not finished nicely.

Again, VSF nailed it last gen in this area. I believe in a few months this will be taken care of. It's just a rushed job. It's just a cash grab to be the first big factory to the door. And boy did it work.

edit: Also, AR is not as good on the rep as it is on the gen. But that's a sidenote. Not as much of an eyesore as my main issue with the release.

Last edited:

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
The thing is, if you have to compare 20 pictures in close up to see the difference, nobody will notice it in real life. And especially not on somebody elses wrist. I know, we always want near perfect replication of the original, but when you think about how fast this was available, the quality is pretty amazing. I'm really looking forward to my LN.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I mentioned this in another post earlier but VSFs recession seems to be lopsided. One side is deeper than the other. Gen is uniform. It's also hard to gauge the quality in an aerial shot, but ther VSF fit and finish between the lugs does not look as quality. Look at the strange opening on the bottom right SEL. It's just not finished nicely.

Again, VSF nailed it last gen in this area. I believe in a few months this will be taken care of. It's just a rushed job. It's just a cash grab to be the first big factory to the door. And boy did it work.

Yeah fair observation. I agree it’s not quite as good as the job they did on the previous generation of subs.

One note is that the light is coming from the RHS on the rep pic, with is causing a small (very small) shadow on the Right Sel making it look ever so slightly different.

Also, Isn’t it amazing that these are the kind of minuscule observations we need to make now in order to find ‘flaws’.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I would absolutely notice in real life. I mean we all have tolerances for what we like and don't like on a rep. I caused a big fuss cause I didn't like the ZF for a similar reason. I had a rep a year ago with similar end link quality and I just couldn't connect to it cause of that. It's something that bugs me. If others have no problem with it then great, truth be told I'm not ecstatic about my OCD with the appeal of really nice end links but what can you do. And yes other than that it seems like a great rep. I'm really happy with the previous gen VSF and I'm sure this will be taken care of soon for me to purchase in the future.

Last edited:

BobMartian

Horology Curious
2/2/20
I would absolutely notice in real life. I mean we all have tolerances for what we like and don't like on a rep. I caused a big fuss cause I didn't like the ZF for a similar reason. I had a rep a year ago with similar end link quality and I just couldn't connect to it cause of that. It's something that bugs me. If others have no problem with it then great, truth be told I'm not ecstatic about my OCD with the appeal of really nice end links but what can you do. And yes other than that it seems like a great rep. I'm really happy with the previous gen VSF and I'm sure this will be taken care of soon for me to purchase in the future.

don't feed the trolls. VSF is an awesome value

Last edited:

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Very beautiful watch indeed. Maybe I will pull the trigger sooner than later.

Has anyone already confirmed the 72h Power-Reserve? Would be so huge having a Rep with such a powerful movement.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sidhu6355

16/11/18

edit: Also, AR is not as good on the rep as it is on the gen. But that's a sidenote. Not as much of an eyesore as my main issue with the release.

Dude, literally no one, even those who got the vsf and those who have the gen share the same views as you. At this point, you are just being too cynical. Care to explain the "fit and finish" problem you got?? Obviously you ain't got it in hand, then how could you just by judging from the pics crib about the fit, finish and recession. Goddman man goddamn. As I said in your thread, you need to get a life. Those are just some bloody brushed SEL's, how could they be not good in "fit and finish". All the posts of the members I read, they had genuine observation like the clasp being a bit noisy, or the the bracelet feeling a bit light- these are the observations of those who got them. None, none complained about the watch being poorly finished or not so good in the "fit and finish". From what I know you have 2 problems
1. Recession of the SEL
2. FIT AND FINISH
Etch this in your mind that vsf got the recession part almost right and I ain't talking shit, I have handled the gen and other members who have the gen share the same views. Care to refute- backup with solid in hand proof, not by posting videos from here and there. And secondly, the fit and finish part thing, either all of us here are blind that we couldn't see the poor quality or you got Superman's laser eyes, I don't know. Just before posting right away after reading this post, whatever you write, provide SOLID proof or else, dont talk shit like you have been.
​​​​​​

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Dude, literally no one, even those who got the vsf and those who have the gen share the same views as you. At this point, you are just being too cynical. Care to explain the "fit and finish" problem you got?? Obviously you ain't got it in hand, then how could you just by judging from the pics crib about the fit, finish and recession. Goddman man goddamn. As I said in your thread, you need to get a life. Those are just some bloody brushed SEL's, how could they be not good in "fit and finish". All the posts of the members I read, they had genuine observation like the clasp being a bit noisy, or the the bracelet feeling a bit light- these are the observations of those who got them. None, none complained about the watch being poorly finished or not so good in the "fit and finish". From what I know you have 2 problems
1. Recession of the SEL
2. FIT AND FINISH
Etch this in your mind that vsf got the recession part almost right and I ain't talking shit, I have handled the gen and other members who have the gen share the same views. Care to refute- backup with solid in hand proof, not by posting videos from here and there. And secondly, the fit and finish part thing, either all of us here are blind that we couldn't see the poor quality or you got Superman's laser eyes, I don't know. Just before posting right away after reading this post, whatever you write, provide SOLID proof or else, dont talk shit like you have been.
​​​​​​

Why are you upset I have a different opinion than you ? There's a person who even said I had a fair point observation though he might not have agreed fully. I wouldn't say I'm particularly alone in my view either. sfbatman787 shares similar sentiments. I don't like something you do. No need to attack me, maybe you just don't have an eye for detail. It's pretty clear the fit and finish on the end links is not great. It's just something you pick up along the way. When I first got into luxury watches I couldn't tell a difference between a genuine Rolex and a 50 dollar DHGate. Guess what, most people in real life wouldn't either. But over time you notice what makes a quality watch a quality watch. And let me tell you buddy, the fit and finish of these end links don't make for a Rolex level quality watch. Definitely not compared to their last gen effort. I handled the gen and I can tell through photos and video the end links are a rushed job.

I'll give my opinion as I see fit as I do so with respect to other people. If you don't like it, tough titties bro. Maybe you're the one that needs to get a life for getting upset that someone has a different view than you do.

Last edited:

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Why are you upset I have a different opinion than you ? There's a person who even said I had a fair point observation though he might not have agreed fully. I wouldn't say I'm particularly alone in my view either. sfbatman787 shares similar sentiments. I don't like something you do. No need to attack me, maybe you just don't have an eye for detail. It's pretty clear the fit and finish on the end links is not great. It's just something you pick up along the way. When I first got into luxury watches I couldn't tell a difference between a genuine Rolex and a 50 dollar DHGate. Guess what, most people in real life wouldn't either. But over time you notice what makes a quality watch a quality watch. And let me tell you buddy, the fit and finish of these end links don't make for a Rolex level quality watch. Definitely not compared to their last gen effort.

I'll give my opinion as I see fit as I do so with respect to other people. If you don't like it, tough titties bro. Maybe you're the one that needs to get a life for getting upset that someone has a different view than you do.

Haha, I am not upset but I don't know about you. I also don't want you to agree with me or anybody else. But the thing is, if there was genuinely a problem, this issue would have been raised by others too, including me and that too in majority because if there is a serious flaw, the issue gets attention. sfbatman787 may have different views but definitely not like yours. Heck, even those who got it in hand should have complained. Now this speaks volumes if your views are being sincerely analytically critical or simply cynical.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Haha, I am not upset but I don't know about you. I also don't want you to agree with me or anybody else. But the thing is, if there was genuinely a problem, this issue would have been raised by others too, including me. Heck, even those who got it in hand should have complained. Now this speaks volumes if your views are being sincerely analytically critical or simply cynical.

Ahh, yes... if there was a problem you would have caught it. My bad :rolleyes:

Good thing you didn't catch anything, I guess everything is good to go then.

You don't feel there's a genuine problem. I do. You didn't change my mind.

GT3North

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/20
Wow...

Meanwhile, back to the watch... any observations about how it feels? Sharp edges?

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Ahh, yes... if there was a problem you would have caught it. My bad :rolleyes:

Good thing you didn't catch anything, I guess everything is good to go then.

You don't feel there's a genuine problem. I do. You didn't change my mind.

Sorry to say dude but you couldn't also change my mind or that of the people out there. Just give me one good reason to believe your views and I would be happy to support you.