• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VR3135 vs VS3135

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
This is sir comes only with information and clear advice and he’s is doing it always in such a helpful and polite way,IMO this men should get an award for it really,many people give cocky reply’s without fundamental information why it’s like there saying.
he’s helping me out with good information which he also explain and showing with links and pictures.
Not trying to say everyone is not polite or cocky here are many other people who are giving such a great value to this community.
but he’s definitely in my top 3 with his knowledge and clear explanation and other fundamental information which shows why it’s the way to go..

maybe it’s because all my last builds are in the same range as his builds.
but he’s pointing me now already a couple times in the right direction!
:thanks::king:

I agree, KJ is a true gentleman and a very knowledgeable member.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Autowind movements have a mainspring with a longer bridal (tail) that will slide along the inside of the barrel when the spring is full wound. It's a necessary feature due to constant winding from rotor rotation. On a watch with good quality parts, you should feel this slippage of the bridal along the barrel inner wall after the spring is fully wound. There should be no damage from doing this, though it is a useless effort. In reps, the cheap, dry mainspring can drag across a rough inner barrel wall and even grind away metal fragments that add to the rough feel. This can drag all the parts down going back to the crown resulting is intermittent grinding or stoppages. You could even damage some of the gears by forcing them.

https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/making-mainsprings

You're a wizard Harry.

Last edited:

Eggroll_96

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/20
Florida, USA
Hopefully other experienced members can give their thoughts on the comparison between these two.

I've heard great things about VR3135.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hopefully other experienced members can give their thoughts on the comparison between these two.

I've heard great things about VR3135.

Hey mate, if you haven't seen these already, there is a tear down and clean of the VR3135 here, and a similar post for the VS3135 here. Some general conversation about each movement is under each post.

Reactions: Eggroll_96

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I have fully serviced VR3135, but sometimes my date gets stuck halfway...! Will send it off to moder soon to look what the problem is. Had VS3135 and winding action was veryyyy smooth feeling.

Last edited:

Nature

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/7/15
Say pls, why solve this problem. i swap sh vr clicks appeared. How long did I get it from the wonderm? Or this normal?