• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Very popular watchs on the Replica sales forum

jacob22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
23/4/24
WA, US
I'm fairly new here but I follow the Replica watch sales forum daily and notice pretty much the same handful of watches get listed everyday. Rolex sub Kermit, Daytona, GMT Pepsi, Skydweller, datejust, PAM, AP Royal Oak, Omega Seamaster.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: TESLA760 and Tucker

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Other brands pop up but you have to be quick as any decent models are out of production and go ext quickly

Untwist1637

Patron
19/5/24
What kind of watch that we haven't seen before here will you be selling?

jacob22

Supporter
Certified
23/4/24
WA, US
I get why people would want to buy those popular watches but why so many unloading them. Must have a huge collection. Prices seems somewhat higher for a used rep watch. I didn’t know resale value would be so high for a rep. I guess people are willing to pay a premium for not waiting 3 weeks for a TD watch from China.

Untwist1637

Patron
19/5/24
I get why people would want to buy those popular watches but why so many unloading them. Must have a huge collection. Prices seems somewhat higher for a used rep watch. I didn’t know resale value would be so high for a rep. I guess people are willing to pay a premium for not waiting 3 weeks for a TD watch from China.
yeah you got it!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
The most popular watches are also the most popular watches traded....this is quite a revelation to be sure.
There is a no profiteering rule in the M2M section. Where are watches being sold for more then the TD charges?

jacob22

Supporter
Certified
23/4/24
WA, US
Not more than original price but more that I expect to see for a used replica watch, sometimes almost the same as the new watch plus tax, shipping

Last edited:

Untwist1637

Patron
19/5/24
I haven't bought from M2M yet, but I might. Even though my experience so far with a TD has been great, it's not a 2-3 day thing like an in-region type of deal would be. Surely you realize that this kind of deal adds a lot of value, and that your comments about prices being similar are really super off base.

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Not more than original price but more that I expect to see for a used replica watch, sometimes almost the same as the new watch plus tax, shipping
The more people that own a specific model......means more people selling them. I'm not sure what kind of answer you expect as to why people are selling them. They get bored, thought they would like it, need to free up funds for other purchases, have unexpected bills to pay etc. The rep watch market isn't like used cars. The sooner you forget about price and start thinking about not having Customs clearance issues, VAT, shipping speed, and a solid QC, the happier you will be. This hobby isnt for cheap people expecting a $500 watch for $300

Reactions: Mkempes and Reaps

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You are discounting the add on fees such as shipping costs. While a VSF sub may cost 500 on the dealer website, there are shipping fees and transaction fees involved pushing the cost to the original owner up. For example shipping costs to the US for puretime is $35 on a watch, then add payment fees on that and you are adding 10% to the cost posted on the website. For someone to sell the same hypothetical watch for $450 means they have taking upwards of a $100 hit, or roughly 20% off of their total outlay. Looking at it this way, how much more of a discount would you want for a watch that is in your part of the world already, shown to be functioning and shipping to you with no customs concerns ?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Very simple. Dont buy unless the price is what you want.

If you watch and get lucky you can get good deals.

I've seen great deals.... Daytonas going for 500... that's close to 25% off new....

Last of all, most members suffer a loss on the watch they sell. Due to not only forum rules but we often dont factor in exchange rate, shipping, etc....

The only exception I've seen are the ultra rare watches in CWC section

Reactions: Karbon74 and Jossé

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
28/4/24
I have no idea why someone sells a recently bought watch, the prices higher than you would like, are as others have said, for the convenience of next day delivery.

I have bought 3 watches from this site, first was from TD, other two m2m, although i waited until I saw the price range i was happy with.

personally, i may restrict my future buying to m2m sales as i know at some point i will start to franken the best of the bunch, so buying used will keep one element of cost down.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I get why people would want to buy those popular watches but why so many unloading them.

People buy because they are popular.Some don’t like the watch and resell…and as they are popular, people buy

Prices seems somewhat higher for a used rep watch. I didn’t know resale value would be so high for a rep. I guess people are willing to pay a premium for not waiting 3 weeks for a TD watch from China.

The no profiteering rule on RWI actually tends to stabilize the price, even reduce it.
Seller can’t pass on shipping fees, and can’t sell for more than purchase price.

As many give a small discount to sell faste, this adds up to, at one point, the price stabilizing to a fair value

Finally, don’t hope for too low a price as a buyer…remember that you will be a seller one day

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
For a flame free zone, it’s getting pretty heated here
Maybe you're confusing conversation thats not sugar coated with people giving you a hard time. Flame free ≠ coddling lol. I think you are getting very good and informative responses to your original post that was essentially questionless, a mere observation passing in the wind so to speak. You didn't really state a purpose within your post. What are you hoping to get out of it? Are you not appreciative of the replies? I think you're reading too deeply into the text. Theres nothing heating up, unless you decide to turn up the temperature. :)

Live Tv Snow GIF by The Weather Channel

Last edited:

jacob22

Supporter
Certified
23/4/24
WA, US
I was just making an observation and giving an opinion. I’ll keep my opinions to myself then. Thanks everyone for your input

Reactions: discosnrodeos

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I was just making an observation and giving an opinion. I’ll keep my opinions to myself then. Thanks everyone for your input

Hey mate 🤗
No need to get flustered

Seriously everyone in this thread has tried to be helpful, albeit with a hint of sarcasm. Check out some other threads and you will see what flaming is 😂

My advice is to ask specific questions in order to get specific answers . If you give an opinion, you will get opinions. Opinions being opinions, you might or might not like them