• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantine Overseas Tourbillon

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Interesting. Would you mind explaining further?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JF has so far come up with two iterations of RO tourbillion. V1 was just pure rubbish on all fronts eg. thickness, colour of the dial, printing of the AP logo etc.

With V2 they brought the thickness down to 11 mm but for some reason decided to make the balance wheel of the tourbillon a lot smaller than the gen (and V1) whilst leaving the size of the chamber the same. This left a huge gaping hole in the middle of the watch which makes it visually very strange and therefore an instant tell. The printing of the AP logo is also very weak on V2. In addition, the colour combination for specific versions of the watch are all wrong. For eg, the platinum version with the lighter colour blue dial is supposed to have a silver colour balance wheel whereas JF left it in gold colour like the others.

Suffice it to say that there are no RO tourbillon rep watch worth buying as of yet as other maker's versions also have glaring flaws.

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
JF has so far come up with two iterations of RO tourbillion. V1 was just pure rubbish on all fronts eg. thickness, colour of the dial, printing of the AP logo etc.

With V2 they brought the thickness down to 11 mm but for some reason decided to make the balance wheel of the tourbillon a lot smaller than the gen (and V1) whilst leaving the size of the chamber the same. This left a huge gaping hole in the middle of the watch which makes it visually very strange and therefore an instant tell. The printing of the AP logo is also very weak on V2. In addition, the colour combination for specific versions of the watch are all wrong. For eg, the platinum version with the lighter colour blue dial is supposed to have a silver colour balance wheel whereas JF left it in gold colour like the others.

Suffice it to say that there are no RO tourbillon rep watch worth buying as of yet as other maker's versions also have glaring flaws.

I understand what you mean now, and I concur. Thank you for this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I am pulling the trigger on this piece and will give you an update after receiving. I have been lurking after Vacheron case and bracelet for a while now - hopefully the bracelet and case are well constructed so that I can send it to someone for a refinish and potentially thinning the case.

edit: after watching the video, I have decided to not pull the trigger on this one.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Here is the youku: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY1N...kuUgc_5.dtitle

I am a native Mandarin speaker, so i can understand the speaker in this video. Here is a brief note on what he has said in the video:
  1. dial color is overly rich; the dark blue is too dark
  2. Thickness: 13.5mm
  3. tourbillon is far off: the center jewel is apparently a piece of plastic and has wrong color; there should on be only one blue screw on the tourbillon but the rep tourbillon has 3
  4. the bracelet end link quick release is very stiff
  5. the sticker made the clasp very stiff; the speaker couldn’t one side of the deployment clasp
  6. the speaker doesn’t recommend this watch all. He hopes someday a good version will come out.
The speaker referred to "8F" the first time and "BF" the second time as this watch's factory, so I suspect that 8F and BF are two names of the same factory. It kinda makes sense because "8" in Chinese is pronounced as "BAH" and its pinyin is "ba (first tone)".

Last edited:
Reactions: Moe79 and freediver

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Disappointing. For some reason there has been no good Vacheron rep (overseas or otherwise) to date.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Disappointing. For some reason there has been no good Vacheron rep (overseas or otherwise) to date.

The JJF overseas especially the deep stream is very good and underrated on this forum. Their only flaws are the rotor noise (can be fixed) and very minor dial tells (cross symbol and texture if not deep stream). JJF's case reconstruction is very very good also.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The JJF overseas especially the deep stream is very good and underrated on this forum. Their only flaws are the rotor noise (can be fixed) and very minor dial tells (cross symbol and texture if not deep stream). JJF's case reconstruction is very very good also.

Agree with this, even though the dial pattern isnt the same as gen it still looks great, the deep stream (unavailable now) is the closest to gen.
20200407-151306.jpg

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
It is a beautiful rep but has been overshadowed by the Genta designs in the stainless steel holy trinity. In my opinion, on the watches themselves and not to mention historical context, the VC 4500V is at least on par with the RO and Nautilus, with its bracelet and case construction standing out among the 3. If Rolex bracelets are the king of tool watch bracelets, then VC's bracelet is the most elegant. I really really wish there is a good VC 4500V blue dial available. 8P's version isn't bad, but the dial is just too shabby.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Has anyone bought this? If so, care to share your QCpicsor pics once you received it? Thanks!

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
It is a beautiful rep but has been overshadowed by the Genta designs in the stainless steel holy trinity. In my opinion, on the watches themselves and not to mention historical context, the VC 4500V is at least on par with the RO and Nautilus, with its bracelet and case construction standing out among the 3. If Rolex bracelets are the king of tool watch bracelets, then VC's bracelet is the most elegant. I really really wish there is a good VC 4500V blue dial available. 8P's version isn't bad, but the dial is just too shabby.

The XF 2000V might be worth your consideration, it's gorgeous but of course quite a different overseas to the 4500V. It has an exceptional quality bracelet for a rep.