• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
The same coffee with 2 watches?
Do you not recognise my valiant attempts to create triple spirals on my coffee? :) A new obsession that I am greatly failing at :) No wonder I won't go anywhere near the innards of my watches.
Well, then shortly I won't be able to decide between your harem of coffees and watches which ones do I like more. 😂 In addition, I don't drink coffee (yet). 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: C Master

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
AP # 1 (ZF 15450) has arrived! Loving it so far! Few observations -

- Bracelet is def a bit small. Searched this and see its a known issue. Could use probably 2 extra links for it to feel more comfortable.. does anyone have spares they'd like to sell? :D I've reached out to PT as well to see if they have any spare links available..

- The rotor on this one seems a bit "sticky"... meaning it doesnt spin as easily as it should. Giving it a good shake (wearing normally) should be no problem but I suspect this might be an issue in a winder (spinning slowly). Is this a known issue?

KRu8gp.jpeg
AP # 2 dammmit! :ROFLMAO:
Just came in.. and wow. Love it. Did the gen version of this 15720 only come in a white gold case? Or SS case as well?

Waiting on AP # 3....

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just a gen dial. my friend. Indeed, day and night compared side by side with a ZF dial such is the allure of a Royal Oak.

Credit to Legend who got me a flawless new dial.
What is really flawless is your ownership of your watches. Your gens and frankens get equal enjoyment.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Just a gen dial. my friend. Indeed, day and night compared side by side with a ZF dial such is the allure of a Royal Oak.

Credit to Legend who got me a flawless new dial.
my semi-untrained eyes is better trained than I thought! I was about 90% sure at least the dial is gen. case still looks rep, but hands and date wheels, I don't know lol

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
How do you tell the case is rep ? I have a gen black 15400 and though the case is tarnished (got it more than 15 years old), I still cannot see the difference in the case construct and dimension between APSF and gen. Maybe I am not looking at the right places.

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
What is really flawless is your ownership of your watches. Your gens and frankens get equal enjoyment.
I will be in total bliss if I get allocated a 15510.

But yes, I do have a happy family of five Royal Oaks: blue x 2, black x2, and a white.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
How do you tell the case is rep ? I have a gen black 15400 and though the case is tarnished (got it more than 15 years old), I still cannot see the difference in the case construct and dimension between APSF and gen. Maybe I am not looking at the right places.
I can’t realistically call out a 15400 case as rep. I wonder what @QueTip thinks.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I am a bit autistic so I pay more attention to these things than I should lol. But having several 15400 and 15500 reps, I noticed that the front bolts are inconsistent. Sometimes fluctuation of the dimension's tolerance between the bolt and the holes on the case is on the higher side, causing some "play" when the bolts are tightened which results in imperfect front bolt orientation. I've noticed from the gens I've seen that they are at least far more consistent on these.