• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 what AP are you wearing today?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
yeah that's really the only thing I can attribute it to and you used the right term "Presence".. plus it's an AP not a Rolex or something which people would assume is fake to begin with

I guess not so many of us AP wearers out there :) what's funny about this is the most recent compliment it got was from a restaurant my wife and i frequent, one day the owner who is this young woman who inherited the place and now runs it/works there said "I love your watch" after seating us.. in front of my wife too :) so had to rub it in her face that the girl was hitting on me :ROFLMAO:
This is one of the greatest stories I've ever heard about a man and his replica watch. 👍

tomriddle

25/6/07
This is one of the greatest stories I've ever heard about a man and his replica watch. 👍
yeah :) it's also part of the reason this AP form a long long time ago holds a very special meaning/memory for me, lol

the fact it happened in front of my wife is the best :) to this day i still tease her and rub her face in it.. because the restaurant is a place we frequent :ROFLMAO: never gonna let her forget

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Literally taken in the freezer

KO50JD.jpeg

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Yes at 42mm, vs the 40mm hulk, it is indeed closer to your heart A as it extends further up your wrist by 2mm at least. :ROFLMAO:
If only up the wrist.
Also down the wrist, not to mention it drags my puny arms down to my ankles.
Have you ever seen a chimp with an AP?
Well... 😂

68snoopy

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Got the 15500 and 15400 a few days ago. The 15500 wears better on my wrist as the case is slightly shorter than the 15400. I also like that it is a bit thicker to give more wrist presence.

I notice that the dial color is quite different even though both are made by ZF. The 15500 dial has a matte white color whereas the 15400 has more of a shiny silvery color. I actually like the matte white color more. I have no idea if they even come close to gen dial color. But as rep these are great value as they are really well made.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
The dials are as per gen. Tapestry has been changed, manufacturing process has been changed, result, therefore, has been changed.
As for the “gen-like” accuracy, they are among the best.
Also its interesting you can see a roughly 1mm difference in L2L measurement, thats admireable, I cannot tell.

68snoopy

Horology Curious
24/2/24
I also got the 15400 in RG. I had no idea that the bracelet on the RG model is tapered. I actually like the SS model bracelet with uniform thickness throughout. Is this what the gen 15510 bracelet is like?