• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allabouttime

Certified
27/4/20
Some great post up here. I need to ask my AP wearers something. What makes you choose the 41mm over the 39? I am thinking about going to a 39 because my 41 just seems too big. Has anyone else made that switch and was it worth it?

theREALgoat

Respected Member
Certified
14/8/14
CrJcb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tedit and simab mk

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Some great post up here. I need to ask my AP wearers something. What makes you choose the 41mm over the 39? I am thinking about going to a 39 because my 41 just seems too big. Has anyone else made that switch and was it worth it?

It depends on wrist size and personal preference. My wrist is 18cm and to me the 41mm is slightly small, but then it is a dress watch.

In my view watches below 40mm are ladies watches.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Do show the caseback too T. I know it does not have the beautiful gen caliber (which I like to admire on my watches) but it’ll give 26470 franken builders an idea on how to manage this too.
On the wrist in real life I doubt there are tells, this is well put together. Congrats once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Do show the caseback too T. I know it does not have the beautiful gen caliber (which I like to admire on my watches) but it’ll give 26470 franken builders an idea on how to manage this too.
On the wrist in real life I doubt there are tells, this is well put together. Congrats once again.

Just for you bro!
d7307748874288471e411b4f3a9f7e39.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just for you bro!

To be honest I think it looks good. Thank you T.
This proves that you do not need a gen caliber or decorations for a 26470 franken to look decent. I hope this serves as a good motivation for all aspiring builders.

Reactions: Allure

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
To be honest I think it looks good. Thank you T.
This proves that you do not need a gen caliber or decorations for a 26470 franken to look decent. I hope this serves as a good motivation for all aspiring builders.

Yeah I totaly agree,It looks pretty good. First i was thinking of maybe goldplate a rep rotor and put on,but after i got the watch i change my mind, it looks better then i hade thought. So Im verry happy.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Bro Nicee pair up!
I want to see that clock pls

Lol are you serious bro? It’s just one of those standard AP table clocks you see, there are a few variants. There are available on Carousell between S$2000-3000 which is ridiculously overpriced IMHO. AP gives them away at times along with purchases, they’re nothing note worthy I feel.

eacbf11f26b411f3a8cb04e8eda462f4.jpg

336629f484edbd27fd316340740c2b12.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yeah I totaly agree,It looks pretty good. First i was thinking of maybe goldplate a rep rotor and put on,but after i got the watch i change my mind, it looks better then i hade thought. So Im verry happy.

Yes no need to change anything IMHO. Any change will not make the movement look gen anyway, and it will be a matter of owner preference. It does look good the way it is. Being a customized watch, the rotor can be anything you want it to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and Revolper

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
perhaps the Elephant is going to be a Daily Beater for Tompa . You must be very happy with this build, I would because it is amazing.
In the beginning I thought it was a boring version, this elephant, but now......it is growing on me. Please wear her in good health bro and may I ask for some more pictures :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tompa

theREALgoat

Respected Member
Certified
14/8/14
Lol are you serious bro? It’s just one of those standard AP table clocks you see, there are a few variants. There are available on Carousell between S$2000-3000 which is ridiculously overpriced IMHO. AP gives them away at times along with purchases, they’re nothing note worthy I feel.

You should walk around with that hanging from your neck, like Flava Flav. [/url

Reactions: tedit and legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

eacbf11f26b411f3a8cb04e8eda462f4.jpg

336629f484edbd27fd316340740c2b12.jpg

You need to work on that hands base bro..it screams rep

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
perhaps the Elephant is going to be a Daily Beater for Tompa . You must be very happy with this build, I would because it is amazing.
In the beginning I thought it was a boring version, this elephant, but now......it is growing on me. Please wear her in good health bro and may I ask for some more pictures :rolleyes:

Thanks my friend!
Yeah i can understand that. But when you see it live you are going to be blow away by the dial. Its amazing. It shift colors in different lights and the silver rings around the Dw and numbers are just amazing. I realy love this one. Before i got it i was more in to the oldschool ROO with Rubber pushers, oldschool hands, etc, But now i have totaly change. I love the shine on the ceramic pushers and the hands have more shine to.Its amazing. I think you must se it live to realy apreciate it.

Reactions: Jurgenk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks my friend!
Yeah i can understand that. But when you see it live you are going to be blow away by the dial. Its amazing. It shift colors in different lights and the silver rings around the Dw and numbers are just amazing. I realy love this one. Before i got it i was more in to the oldschool ROO with Rubber pushers, oldschool hands, etc, But now i have totaly change. I love the shine on the ceramic pushers and the hands have more shine to.Its amazing. I think you must se it live to realy apreciate it.

I agree completely.

Ceramic crown and pushers, a more legible black base datewheel and modern font, and most of all for me, a see through caseback to show off the 3126/3840 caliber and 22k gold rotor. It’s a movement which looks better than it performs IMHO and an important feature to differentiate the gens and frankens.

Reactions: Allure and Tompa
Status
Not open for further replies.