• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
My first Offshore :)

They really do wear larger than the dimensions suggests! Although it is actually 14.5mm thick, not the 13.8mm listed on the TD’s sites. Still 1.3mm thinner than my Tag Carrera, and 0.3mm thinner than my Panerai Submersible, but it wears much thicker than both of them!

Really love it, but think I might give the 16mm thick rep ROO’s a miss!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
My first Offshore :)

They really do wear larger than the dimensions suggests! Although it is actually 14.5mm thick, not the 13.8mm listed on the TD’s sites. Still 1.3mm thinner than my Tag Carrera, and 0.3mm thinner than my Panerai Submersible, but it wears much thicker than both of them!

Really love it, but think I might give the 16mm thick rep ROO’s a miss!

I have both and the ROO 44mm doesn’t feel thicker. It definitely is but somehow the larger case makes the proportion well wearable like the Panerai. Will do some side by side pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I have both and the ROO 44mm doesn’t feel thicker. It definitely is but somehow the larger case makes the proportion well wearable like the Panerai. Will do some side by side pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So do you think the rep 44mm wears thinner than the rep 42mm ROO’s?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So do you think the rep 44mm wears thinner than the rep 42mm ROO’s?

I think what he meant was that for the 44mm ROO, the weight and thickness are distributed better over the wider area and it makes it appear less thick to wear, but not really being thinner.
More about better proportions than actual thickness difference in this case.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I think what he meant was that for the 44mm ROO, the weight and thickness are distributed better over the wider area and it makes it appear less thick to wear, but not really being thinner.

Ok thanks, that’s what I was wanting to know.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Exactly. Thank you A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
8d9738925986c554a3e23f785f169cce.jpg

5181fb30060726e29afb44f2857c23c5.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
teaston sad news what you said about the thickness of your new diver..all my divers were/are same thickness of the gen counterpart with the ones with open caseback being thicker than closed cb.. jf already effed up the ROOs have they effed the diver too ?

teaston

20/3/16
UK
teaston sad news what you said about the thickness of your new diver..all my divers were/are same thickness of the gen counterpart with the ones with open caseback being thicker than closed cb.. jf already effed up the ROOs have they effed the diver too ?

The TD’s list both the 15703 & 15710 as 13.8mm, so maybe they never bothered to measure the open case back version and just used the same dimensions?

My 14.5mm measurement is xtal to xtal, but case back to bezel is 14mm. Not sure which way AP measure the gens?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The TD’s list both the 15703 & 15710 as 13.8mm, so maybe they never bothered to measure the open case back version and just used the same dimensions?

My 14.5mm measurement is xtal to xtal, but case back to bezel is 14mm. Not sure which way AP measure the gens?

Gen measurement is from top of bezel to caseback surface.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Gen measurement is from top of bezel to caseback surface.

I just measured again and it is actually 13.8mm case back to bezel. I must have had the calipers on one of the crystals before!

Still within 0.3mm so doesn’t bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.