• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

US Government Shutdown

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Kbh you are getting what I'm saying wrong. These programs welfare food stamps etc. Etc. Are great programs for people who actually need it. My problem is not with the people who actually need it My problem is with people who freeload off of the system and abuse it. And there are too many people doing this and not only that they actually teach their families how to live like this too so you have generations of this abuse. To address your other comment I understand that you don't have to take it but if you don't you will be penalized which is fine with me I have health care I live in Massachusetts so I've had healthcare since I was 18. I don't like being told by government that I can't use my own healthcare that I'm happy with. Those are my biggest issues I don't like freeloaders and I don't like government telling me what to do. If you guys lowered your insurance that's great and I'm genuinely happy for you but there are a lot of people who are going to get the short end of the stick. I wasn't trying to argue I'm just voicing my opinion on this and we can definitely have a mature and calm discussion about it. No one has to argue :) I'm more than happy to listen to what you have to say. Its a shame our leaders don't have the same decency on both sides.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Two things you don't talk about amongst friends or company, RELIGION and POLITICS. Everyone has there opinion and is going to think they are right.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I'm a Republican and I blame the Republicans for this mess.

Now, it seems as though our President is not a schmoozer, and he should learn the art of working the room, such as did Reagan. Perhaps we could have avoided this mess if he was a better salesman.

That said, the leaders of my party have been in a snit over the Affordable Care Act since it became law. I am no fan, but have figured a way to move on. They should, too, until the time is right to overhaul it. It is not the hill they should chose to die on. They look like brats right now.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Here's the problem with the Republican vs Democrat thing the Republicans have offered several solutions that will fund the government without completely cutting out Obama care this isn't about Obamacare being in or out it's about a failed system that's being force fed to the population nobody wants it our premiums are going to go up so what we can get a bunch of lazy good-for-nothing who don't work and have no motivation health care I'm completely against Obamacare

Every issue that the Republicans have brought up is something that does not require a government shutdown to be addressed. Also, didn't realize you need to be motivated to be cared for in a hospital now. No one gives a **** whether or not you are against Obamacare, its not something you shutdown the government about. I love how you are calling Obamacare a failed system and it hasn't even been active for more than a week.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I have health care I live in Massachusetts so I've had healthcare since I was 18. I don't like being told by government that I can't use my own healthcare that I'm happy with. Those are my biggest issues I don't like freeloaders and I don't like government telling me what to do.
How old are you? Do you actually read anything about politics or just listen to the Conservative echo chamber. The Affordable Care Act, which was originally based on a Republican Plan originated by the Heritage Foundation (a Republican think tank) is based almost entirely on the Massachusetts plan which was originally known as RomneyCare, before he disavowed it to appease the Tea Party nut jobs. :facepalm:

So, the health care system you love is basically a clone of ObamaCare which you hate. LOL

Did you see that Jimmy Kimmel show when they kept asking people about ObamaCare and the Affordable Care Act? All the idiots hated Obamacare and liked the Affordable Care Act SOOO much better. That really showed the stupidity of the average American when it comes to politics. They'll just naturally hate it if it has the word Obama in it since he's a Kenyan Muslim illegitimate President.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm a Republican and I blame the Republicans for this mess.

Now, it seems as though our President is not a schmoozer, and he should learn the art of working the room, such as did Reagan. Perhaps we could have avoided this mess if he was a better salesman.

That said, the leaders of my party have been in a snit over the Affordable Care Act since it became law. I am no fan, but have figured a way to move on. They should, too, until the time is right to overhaul it. It is not the hill they should chose to die on. They look like brats right now.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.

Reagan may have been a shmoozer, but he had a great Speaker of the House to deal with. Him and Tip O'Neil could fight tooth and nail and still remain friends. Your buddies in the house have only one agenda, to make Obama an illegitimate President, at all costs. They have fought everything he has tried to do for the last 6 years. When he's offered a concession, the House just takes that as the next negotiating point and pushes for more and more. They've never accepted a deal that has been offered yet. You think he's going to fall for that crap again.

How's John Boehner doing in your world? He's quite the negotiator, isn't he.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I'm actually laughing at whats happening to John Boehner right now. Hes being trampled overleft and and right. Guys such a pussy.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
I did not say I love the mass health care. It is garbage which is exactly why I don't like Obamacare. Again the reason I don't like it is because I don't like being force fed by government I'm 23 years old. I do read and form my own opinions. I wouldnt just open my mouth if I haven't done any investigating into what I'm talking about. I listen to both sides of this again I support what I agree with. Guns I def go republican same with spending. Abortion and same sex marriage democrat I go with what I believe not what one party says I should believe. Like I said previously there should have been something done by our president to try and resolve this it just seems to me that the republicans are the only ones willing to sit down and talk about this. Its disgusting that our ultimate leader won't even sit down to try and work this out. It seems to me that he doesn't even care. This is a very serious thing. You are correct the government shutdown and obamacare are two separate things but that is what this whole shutdown is about. You can't just blame republicans because they are trying to be civil but they are working with someone who is not willing to even try and compromise is all I'm saying.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
And I could care less about any of Obamas background if he did a good job and the country was thriving then more power to him but what has he actually done since he became president.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
It's hard to tell who's the Speaker of the House these days. Some days it's Boehner but mostly it seems to be Ted Kruz.

Boy, are those Tea Party nutjobs are f*cking up a beautiful well designed Democracy. I surely do hope that by 2016 this nonsense angers enough normal people to get rid of those azzholes.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I did not say I love the mass health care. It is garbage which is exactly why I don't like Obamacare. Again the reason I don't like it is because I don't like being force fed by government I'm 23 years old. I do read and form my own opinions. I wouldnt just open my mouth if I haven't done any investigating into what I'm talking about. I listen to both sides of this again I support what I agree with. Guns I def go republican same with spending. Abortion and same sex marriage democrat I go with what I believe not what one party says I should believe. Like I said previously there should have been something done by our president to try and resolve this it just seems to me that the republicans are the only ones willing to sit down and talk about this. Its disgusting that our ultimate leader won't even sit down to try and work this out. It seems to me that he doesn't even care. This is a very serious thing. You are correct the government shutdown and obamacare are two separate things but that is what this whole shutdown is about. You can't just blame republicans because they are trying to be civil but they are working with someone who is not willing to even try and compromise is all I'm saying.

They are trying to be civil? They started this whole mess in the first place. By the way, just wondering, are you on your parent's healthcare?

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Mz no I've been on my own healthcare since 18. I moved out at 16 and started doing my own thing. I understand they started this but they are fighting for something they believe in and that most of America believes as well. Is it worth shutting down the government no but it's something very important. What's done is done and the fact that the president doesn't want to compromise at all or even have a discussion bothers me.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Mz no I've been on my own healthcare since 18. I moved out at 16 and started doing my own thing. I understand they started this but they are fighting for something they believe in and that most of America believes as well. Is it worth shutting down the government no but it's something very important. What's done is done and the fact that the president doesn't want to compromise at all or even have a discussion bothers me.

Most of America also thinks that it isn't important enough to shut down the government over. The discussion has been had, both in Congress, and in the Supreme Court, and thus it is over. The Republicans just keep going on and on with healthcare because it is the only thing that is holding them together. You'd really see how much they are fighting for something that they "believe" in when you take a look at who their campaign contributions come from. Well wait, we can't really do that anymore because now they get money from shadow groups. Either way, I'll just be frank. Rich assholes who want to get away with paying their employees nothing. Also, pharmaceutical companies.

Also, I don't know where you are getting your facts from, but most of America supports the Affordable Care Act.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Reagan may have been a shmoozer, but he had a great Speaker of the House to deal with. Him and Tip O'Neil could fight tooth and nail and still remain friends. Your buddies in the house have only one agenda, to make Obama an illegitimate President, at all costs. They have fought everything he has tried to do for the last 6 years. When he's offered a concession, the House just takes that as the next negotiating point and pushes for more and more. They've never accepted a deal that has been offered yet. You think he's going to fall for that crap again.

How's John Boehner doing in your world? He's quite the negotiator, isn't he.

Jeez, B, you are all fired up. :D:

Don't pound on me. I called them brats, not buddies. Boner is doing his job, and I suspect he's very frustrated now with the Gang of 30 who are blocking him wherever they can. The Teabaggers do not speak for me as a Republican or as an advocate of modern Democracy.

So let me restate this: The Republicans are, in my view, responsible for this mess.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Jeez, B, you are all fired up. :D:

Don't pound on me. I called them brats, not buddies. Boner is doing his job, and I suspect he's very frustrated now tith the Gang of 30 who are blocking him wherever they can. The Teabaggers do not speak for me as a Republican or as an advocate of modern Democracy.

So let me restate this: The Republicans are, in my view, responsible for this mess.

Boehner isn't doing his job because he is allowing a mentally sick Senator to literally take his position. If Boehner wanted to do his job, he would take Ted Cruz, and tell him to go back to the hole he crawled out of and stay there, but he hasn't done that, because he doesn't have the balls.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Boehner isn't doing his job because he is allowing a mentally sick Senator to literally take his position. If Boehner wanted to do his job, he would take Ted Cruz, and tell him to go back to the hole he crawled out of and stay there, but he hasn't done that, because he doesn't have the balls.

When Grover Norquest says you are being irresponsible with the government tax policy you are a ******* whack job.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
When Grover Norquest says you are being irresponsible with the government tax policy you are a ******* whack job.

Yeah its pretty funny that Wall Street is against this too. However, any damage this causes to them, they deserve it. They donated to these jackasses. This is the price they pay. They pretty much were too busy being to greedy to realize they began pissing on themselves instead of everyone else.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

OK, so he tells Cruz to pound sand. Then what is the result?

I ask this sincerely.

(And I am disappointed that nobody got the Boner joke. Oh well.)

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
OK, so he tells Cruz to pound sand. Then what is the result?

I ask this sincerely.

If he said it publicly, it would at least show that there are some reasonable people left in the party and not all is lost. It would also show the public that hes still in control. Because right now the retard train has no brakes.

And I got the boner joke lol.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Most of America also thinks that it isn't important enough to shut down the government over. The discussion has been had, both in Congress, and in the Supreme Court, and thus it is over. The Republicans just keep going on and on with healthcare because it is the only thing that is holding them together. You'd really see how much they are fighting for something that they "believe" in when you take a look at who their campaign contributions come from. Well wait, we can't really do that anymore because now they get money from shadow groups. Either way, I'll just be frank. Rich assholes who want to get away with paying their employees nothing. Also, pharmaceutical companies.

Also, I don't know where you are getting your facts from, but most of America supports the Affordable Care Act.

Again I disagree with shutting down the government over it I just think the way it's being handled sucks. I am getting my I.formation from a poll the showed support for Obama care was in the %40 range from one of the major news sites. My two biggest issues here are that people who don't deserve a free ride are going to continue to get even more on tax payer dollars and being force fed by government. Those are my issues with it. Let me help you see my frustration. A couple of months ago I saw a woman at target. She had track marks up and down her arms and was there with her two filthy children (where's social services when you need them). She had her kids each grab something from the dollar bin and paid for them separately on a government card and withdraw $60 cash back each. Wonder what that money was for? Do you think that person deserves any government assistance or to even be a parent? These are the type of people I don't want living on the system.