• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

US Government Shutdown

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
We, from other countries, are just scratching our heads in disbelief. :err:

How can a powerful country shuts down its basic people services due to political in-fighting?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
US Govt. shutdown........

That's is HOW a TRUE democracy WORKS folks! Sorry to say, but any PHD. worth his damn salt would say the same thing! WE Americans can only learn from this. An education on how our elected officials can play the game. And all we can do is watch AND learn. :popcorn:

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
We, from other countries, are just scratching our heads in disbelief. :err:

How can a powerful country shuts down its basic people services due to political in-fighting?

....it's complicated...:thud:

TimeFlys

17/2/12
This country is far from what it used to be...Barricading World War II memorial from veterans and visitors is wrong. Then using it as ammunition in this on-going blame game of a shutdown is just plain evil.

elgrandeblanco

24/8/13
I'd work at a WW2 memorial for free to keep it open if I could. The beauty of this situation is that employees will be eligible for back pay, but aren't working now anyway. I don't quite get that..

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Well if our president wasn't a twat and actually gave a damn about our country he would have tried to talk to both sides and put together an agreement unfortunately he is acting like a toddler with his "my way or the highway attitude". Sorry I have a strong dislike for most politicians.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
If our entire country wants these people out of office, why can't we get them out of office? Either we have control of our government or they have control of us. Which is it going to be?

Simple DUMP them all on their asses, and replace them with a bunch of middle class, hard working Americans.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Yes let's blame it on our president. The ones being toddlers here are the Republicans. They aren't getting what they want so they make a big fuss. They lost the Obamacare fight in congress and in court. A normal person would have shut the **** up and sat down by now. But these people don't have a single brain cell. It is impossible to talk to the Republicans because their demands are ridiculous. This is good for the Democrats though, the Republicans will pay a high political price for putting the economic well being of the country in danger because their political donors told then to do so.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Actually it's the whole countries fault seeing that WE THE PEOPLE are standing around with our thumbs in our asses just watching it happen. Imagine the rest of the world, they will be ****** if we default, I mean GLOBAL depression. And we just stand around. The whole world should be pissed off. WE as tax payers whom see less and less in our own pockets and in our own pensions let these bastards fill their pockets with OUR money, then take a FAT pension with OUR money, and then decide to stop the entire system, on our dime? It makes as much sense as selling a gen at a rep price.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
It's roughly 17 % of the gov. so to say that the US government is "shutdown" is bit misleading to those folks that only read the headlines.

So please those of you in other countries, don't scratch
your heads too hard on this:D:

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Here's the problem with the Republican vs Democrat thing the Republicans have offered several solutions that will fund the government without completely cutting out Obama care this isn't about Obamacare being in or out it's about a failed system that's being force fed to the population nobody wants it our premiums are going to go up so what we can get a bunch of lazy good-for-nothing who don't work and have no motivation health care I'm completely against Obamacare

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'd argue with Fiveostang normally, but I can already see it would be a waste of space.

It's ironic though that a twat would be calling our Country's President a twat. And, he obviiously knows absolutely nothing about the Affordable Care Act other than what he's heard on Faux News.

"failed system" LOL. "that nodoby wants" LOL twice as loud.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
If our entire country wants these people out of office, why can't we get them out of office? Either we have control of our government or they have control of us. Which is it going to be?

Simple DUMP them all on their asses, and replace them with a bunch of middle class, hard working Americans.

It does not matter what America as a whole wants it is what each congressional district wants. And those are ******.

More people voted for Democrats than republicans for congress last election but the gerrymandered districts gave the republicans a huge win.

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-c...cans-won-more-seats-democrats-won-more-votes/

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Well KBH I'm not a Republican or a Democrat I support what I believe then and what I feel is right my opinion on why we are in so much debt and have so much spending in this country is because we love to give shit away the last thing this country needs is another program that gives lazy people something else for free I don't know about anybody else but I wake up every morning and I go to work and I pay for my healthcare and I pay my bills and if you don't actively look for work you should not receive any help from the government that's the taxpayers dollars that we all pay in and I'm not saying any of this is an angry tone we're all friends here:)

Fiveostang

6/11/12
The other part of this is Republicans have offered several options that the president doesn't even want to look at theyve asked to prolong Obamacare which was denied they asked that congress live by the same rules as everyone else or to extend to the American people the same voucher that congress was given again denied why should anyone get special exemptions. I just don't understand what right the government has to tell me what healthcare I need or even if I need healthcare that's a decision I can make for myself. Sorry to rant. Lol.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
FiveO - Your just totally mis-informed about Obamacare. You can keep your existing policy and the Govt is forcing nothing on you. And, if you insist on not wanting any health care you can do that too. It'll just cost you a few $$ a year to help pay for the free health care that you'll be sucking out of the system when catastrophe strikes and you end up in the emergency room with the rest of us paying for it. And for 90% of us the price will be be substantially less than what we're now paying. In fact, my wife's policy is going from almost $600 a month down to $148 a month. How can you not like that.

And, I'd rather just overlook your rant about the typical "Me Generation" thinking and having to help pay anything to help the less fortunate. That's a personal choice you can freely make. I personally find it selfish and offensive, but that my personal choice.