• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Pearl Source

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11
Does anyone know where I can get a UPO 45.5 gen-like pearl for PBdad to install on my UPO? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
eBay. Set up a saved search for Omega bezel, seamaster bezel, omega insert, seamaster insert, ....... Keep checking. :)

MMA

5/10/10
The PO pearl has to be installed from the rear of the insert (so to speak). You can of course re-use your insert if you're careful removing it but it does have to come off.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
i bought one too from there... i will upload a pic in the next minutes...

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

I think its a lot better than the rep. But its a little high. If i manage to flater it and install the gen pearl it will look pretty good!!!

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
^^^ That one look fair enough. A little different from the GEN, but way better than the REP. Especially since I have one that is off-center.

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

I think its a lot better than the rep. But its a little high. If i manage to flater it and install the gen pearl it will look pretty good!!!

Can't wait! I might buy one if it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
Here is the result of this insert from this seller on one of my franken .. it is pretty sharp :)

110328upossb01.jpg

Compare to a gen bezel with gen insert

uweupo01.jpg

Both together

uweupo11.jpg

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I think is better to buy the entire gen bezel from ofrei(yes, it expensive). But if you are a PO fan...

The biggest flaw for UPO will be the bezel pearl. Once you rid of that torn.

Its very hard even for RWI members to call out a PO rep.

auslander

18/2/11
wow! thats REALLY sharp!

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

what ebay seller did you use??!!

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
I use the same one : wholesaleoutlet990

it's insert are ok for UPO from all sellers 45mm, he also have some insert for PO 42 mm and for Chrono PO 45mm

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

If the owners of the 5GPO could get a hold of this insert(42mm of course) and a Gen pearl, that would be perfect. Is this available for the 42mm?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It looks like a different pearl and sits too low!
2mo5pow.gif

$%28KGrHqEOKj0E21lkU8oVBN4%28YneYC%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If the owners of the 5GPO could get a hold of this insert(42mm of course) and a Gen pearl, that would be perfect. Is this available for the 42mm?

If a mod can flaten the ring of the pearl and simultaneously make it smaller (as in my eyes the gen pearl is a little smaller than this one) and of course give it a little polish then i believe you will have a "gen" bezel insert. i dont know how possible is that but we have some skilled watch smith and member here on the forum,so i am sure someone will be able to do so...

And yes also available for the 42mm. You have to ask for the centre smaller pearl though and you will get it... Ofcourse i have to thank Inushuk for that finding!!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The 45.5mm insert above looks like it would be a perfect candidate for a Gen pearl swap. But that 42mm one...... no way. The Gen pearl will sit too low.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think i will cheer you up. The photos of the ebay page doesn't matter. Consider them "wrong". I also had a photo like the one you posted on my pursached bezel but i asked the centered smaller pearl and showed them a Inushuks' photo and they send me the nice one...