• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Gen He valve and Tube change?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
UPO Bezel mod...

Hey chaps, i just want to make sure/ask that does this UPO will it fit the genuine bezel? This is what i going to buy:http://www.puretime.co/product/plan...on-ss-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a2836/ I going to buy with the SW200 movement.. And on pure time website, it stated that this is 1:1 replicated from a gen watch sample. So that lead me thinking, does it fit the gen bezel? I have ask angus from pure time through PM and this is what he say:"I am not sure my friend, the maker repped it from a gen and it is supposed to be same construction as gen." So that make me felt unsure which is why i post a thread. Thanks

Ps. Im sorry for bringing this matter up. I know the matter had been brought up by several users in this forum a couple of years ago or recently. And UPO Does not fit the gen bezel as the users on this forum have stated base on their experience. But i think this might be this newest version on the UPO. Cus last time those UPO comes with either Asian clone or ETA but recently, the UPO comes with the Sellita SW200 movement instead of the ETA movement so the maker might construct the case exactly the same as the gen?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I dont want to be a douchebag, but for reall??????

I mean R2 posted this http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/upo-45-5-104395 a couple of days ago.

And there are, i don't know, 5-6 topics about it, and you have asked about it, i dont know, another 20 times...

I am really sorry, we have all tried to help oyu, answered almost all of your questions, personally hundreds of pms, literally...:facepalm:

Buy the watch, see if you like it, see if you indeed going to make a franken, and we are here to help you...

My apologioses if i am being a jerk here, but after a point all this is meanless...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Yeah.. I know you guys have been very helpful, answering to my questions and reply to my pm. I going to buy the watch soon.. I not going to wait for the ss bracelet version which take ages.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
ahboy has over 229 posts now and counting. Buy the watch. Look here and repeat,
:mez:Buy the watch! :mez: Buy the watch! :mez: BUY THE GOSH-DARN WATCH ALREADY!

Merging post with other question(s) post.

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
:popcorn: I'll be the douchebag if no one else wants to. I think this guy has some OCD/insecurity issues. Just save up and just buy a gen. That milling stuff by R4 looks like a pretty hardcore mod. BTW, i'm pretty sure one of the TDs has the watch in stock and not just angus. I would hate to be the TD that sells you the watch though... "are we there yet?"

Mds2004

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/12
Just bought mine from toro this weekend. 45mm black bezel orange number with bracelet.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Why not just buy this one, then you only need to mod the pearl. That is much easier than a crown/tube replacement:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-po-42mm-105278p2

I think the OP is looking for a UPO, not a 5GPO.

UPO = 45.5mm diameter
5GPO = 42mm diameter

I think the OP is looking for a UPO, not a 5GPO.

UPO = 45.5mm diameter
5GPO = 42mm diameter

Sorry guys, the one tigerwoods is selling is a 4GPO..... :facepalm:

tracyl

22/4/11
Q5, you are right, I knew he was looking for a UPO, but I just found the first PO for sale in the sales thread, and picked that one. Doesn't matter what it is, just that he can BUY A DAMN WATCH!:)

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
I going to buy from pure time soon..

Yea sure... and that Milgauss, Super Avenger, Tag Heuer, Ploprof......
:facepalm::picard:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1005613&postcount=5

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fs-gen-super-103063?p=1011799#post-1011799

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1005721&postcount=4

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/recommend-rolex-white-102130?t=102130

All from a first time rep buyer. Love your enthusiasm..but man... :mob:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/upo-gen-he-103404?p=1011851#post-1011851

If you plan to buy 5 reps + buying all the parts + putting all the time into modding all of time.... for $2k (probably the amount you're spending) you can get a really nice 2nd-hand gen..... Bond SMP for example which is CLASSIC. No mods, genuine and you don't have to lie about it. (seems like you're trying to dress up all these watches for some reason...ebay scamming?) I doubt anyone here was thinking "how do i tear it apart and mod the crap out of this thing" when they bought their first rep.

You're seriously super sketchy and I have this incredible negative vibe about you. I haven't seen a member post 220+ posts on just questions on modding that joined in April and didn't even buy a watch yet. That's just not normal and i say you're in it for something.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
I don't intend to sell it on eBay or so.. I plan to buy this watches is for my personal consume, as this is my all time favourite watches. And I own several gen watch too but I prefer rep, is because the rep has the gen movement and can be Franken too... So why not buying a rep?

tracyl

22/4/11
Ahboy,
I believe that you just want to learn to mod watches, I don't believe you are out to scam anyone. But sometimes the idea of something is better than the actual something. What I'm trying to say is that you should just get some cheap 21j po and try to mod it. Buy any broken 21j watch and try to fix it first. Then you will know if you really like watch making. It is not for everyone, and can be incredibly frustrating. For example, I once spent 30 minutes trying to put one tiny screw in a hole. It was an area(near the keyless works) that had a plate that was under pressure, so you had to hold it, and place the screw and screw it quickly. This took an incredible amount of focus and determination. I can't tell you how many times I almost flung the watch across the room and walked out. But I stuck with it, and completed the project. So that is why I say, you should first try watchmaking on a cheap watch first, then decide if you have the skills/patience to do mods.

I once tried to relume an old watch of mine, and it looked like a 2nd grader did it. I know my limits, never again! So just read on here and repgeek about how to mod watches, and follow the tutorials, then decide to get a good PO.

One other thing, I don't know why you are so against getting a PO from the replica sales section. Just be patient, there are lots of PO's that come up for sale. I once bought a UPO from the sales area that had a lume marker loose on the dial. I think I paid $150 for it, and it had a 2824 movement in it. I pulled the stem, took the watch out and reglued the marker. Put it back in, and viola, a perfectly good watch and saved about $70. It was a great UPO, and ended up selling it to a friend who was into watches.(he knew it was a rep by the way).

Good luck!
T.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hi, thanks for the reply. This few days I'm repairing a spoilt submariner with 21j movement in it.. And now the movement is currently disassemble into pieces. So i plan to assemble it with lubricant and see if it works a not. Because the gears and stuff is all out of place..

And I'm against second hand/used UPO is because there was once a guy bought a second hand tag heuer in this forum and two weeks later it is spoilt. Which is why I'm terrified. This is the thread which I'm talking about:http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/tag-calibre-16-102636?t=102636&highlight=kaput

I do apologize for wasting you guys time. I desperate for the watch too.

tracyl

22/4/11
And I'm against second hand/used UPO is because there was once a guy bought a second hand tag heuer in this forum and two weeks later it is spoilt. Which is why I'm terrified.

I hate to tell you this, but you have just as much a chance of getting a watch that will break in 2 weeks from dealer as from a person on this board. In fact I hear more stories of broken watches from dealers than from board members. In fact, I've purchased about 6 watches from forum members, and 2 of them were supposed to be broken, and they actually worked when I got them! Never had one break from a forum member. Go read the seller reviews to see if you see a pattern. Just a thought.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
ahboy has over 229 posts now and counting. Buy the watch. Look here and repeat,
:mez:Buy the watch! :mez: Buy the watch! :mez: BUY THE GOSH-DARN WATCH ALREADY!

Merging post with other question(s) post.

And after wasting my reading time at #230 I have added him to my ignore list....

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
I hate to tell you this, but you have just as much a chance of getting a watch that will break in 2 weeks from dealer as from a person on this board. In fact I hear more stories of broken watches from dealers than from board members. In fact, I've purchased about 6 watches from forum members, and 2 of them were supposed to be broken, and they actually worked when I got them! Never had one break from a forum member. Go read the seller reviews to see if you see a pattern. Just a thought.

He's paranoid about everything. Every step of the mod he's scared of breaking his watch (before even owning the watch to mod) so he asks bzillion questions about the step .There's plenty of straight-forward step-by-step tutorials here. If you can follow it do it, if you can't don't do it. If you're that sh*t scared, don't do the mod or pay a watch maker to do it. Of course, you want to do it yourself being a first time owner that you are...

Broken movement? sh*t happens like what Tracyl said. My Top Gun came DOA from a TD here - deal with it. Why hasn't he bought the watch yet from a TD? no idea, in fact someone said Toro has them in stock..

I'm pretty sure Puretime can get one if you ordered one instead of kept asking questions. UPO aren't "rare". It's one of the most popular reps here. There might be a subtle reason why they keep telling you that they don't have stock.......