• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Gen He valve and Tube change?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
I'm not trying to make it as gen as I hope it could be. I just trying to improve it. Like for example the gen lume is as bright as a airport landing light which i like it very much. And the problem is that puretime doesn't have stock. I also cant wait to buy this watch too... I few days ago I feel maybe I should buy the watch and I ask angus and he say no stock.

TheCold

15/8/09
Will have to agree with the others, buy the watch. If you want it modded there are TONS of topics which cover that matter, even a sticky for that matter. If you want it modded its no use if you don't even have the watch and you try to mod it in theory, just send the watch to a modder and let it be done with, asking questions which have been answered 100 times won't get your the watch modded

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But the problem is now they doesn't have stock. Once pure time have stock, i will immediately buy.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Btw for the gen crown and case tube, i have seen a few thread about that. And some of them say need to buy a stem too cus once you manage to fit in those stuff, then we re-assemble and the stem might be short... And do you guys have any tips/guide to fit the stem on the crown perfectly? I seems to can't find it on this forum. Cus what afraids me is that once everything is assemble, when we set the time, the crown will eventually fall off. Do you guys knows how to cut the stem to make it the same length for the case to fit? Cus the stem is change, and we need to cut it and put the crown but I'm don't know how much of it has to be cut. Thanks

Ps. Im sorry for asking question but i haven't buy the watch. Cus currently Puretime doesn't have any stock. Once they have stock, i will get hold of it.

rhc22

26/11/11
I bought a new stem but this was too short for the 45 UPO so I bought a stem extension. I also believe you can buy extended stems.
Don't ask how long it needs to be cut to as I don't have the watch now.

Anyway as the others have said, before you start spending good cash on gen parts buy a cheap watch first and dismantle and reassemble first. Otherwise you're likely to screw up some gen parts and the watch. Teach yourself on a watch you don't mind binning once you've found you can't get it back together without destroying the hands, marking the dial e.t.c.

Have fun and when you get going on the project let us know how it goes!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks for the reply mate! Im still waiting the day to come where pure time have stock! I once change a dial and hands on a quartz movement, i hope that i can apply on automatic movement as well.. But it was quite tricky though.. I have the tools to remove the hands too. But I'm not afraid of removing the rep hands and dial since i going to put the gen on :)... Actually i disassemble quite a lot automatics watch before.. Ex. Panerai, Rolex, Omega, Hublot and etc... Im just grease the case back and change their gasket, remove the crystal and stuff like that. But i never change their hands and dials before! Btw once you receive you watch, can you let me know what is the length for the stem and how much did you trim off the excessive part? And what is your movement? Is it asian clone, ETA 2824-2 or SW200? Cus what i going to buy is comes with a SW200 movement. Im not sure does cousinsuk have any stem extension. And do you guys know does cousinsuk ship to Singapore? Im sorry for asking this cousinsuk ship to Sin question a lot of time, cus i can't seems to find the answer. Thanks

rhc22

26/11/11
Thanks for the reply mate! Im still waiting the day to come where pure time have stock! I once change a dial and hands on a quartz movement, i hope that i can apply on automatic movement as well.. But it was quite tricky though.. I have the tools to remove the hands too. But I'm not afraid of removing the rep hands and dial since i going to put the gen on :)... Actually i disassemble quite a lot automatics watch before.. Ex. Panerai, Rolex, Omega, Hublot and etc... Im just grease the case back and change their gasket, remove the crystal and stuff like that. But i never change their hands and dials before! Btw once you receive you watch, can you let me know what is the length for the stem and how much did you trim off the excessive part? And what is your movement? Is it asian clone, ETA 2824-2 or SW200? Cus what i going to buy is comes with a SW200 movement. Im not sure does cousinsuk have any stem extension. And do you guys know does cousinsuk ship to Singapore? Im sorry for asking this cousinsuk ship to Sin question a lot of time, cus i can't seems to find the answer. Thanks

Ok, that's fine. Sorry you misunderstood, I have just sold the watch so cannot measure. The movement was an Asian 2824 (very smooth and very accurate) and yes cousins have the stem extensions. This is what i ordered -
Stem part no. ETA28012401 - Tap 9
Extension no EX9090 Tap 9 to Tap 9

Can't answer whether they ship to Singapore as I'm in the UK!

I must admit I can't remember how I came to the length. I think, and don't take my word on this, I measured the rep one from the edge of the crown that goes against the case to the end of the stem, then assembled the gen parts and measured. Then cut the stem to suit and file the end to smooth the threads, then fitted!

In my opinion Puretime is a good choice, never let me down.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Just order the 20mm stem. No extension needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Oh thanks mate! I have just check cousinsuk and under the sellita section, it has two model.. One is SW200-1 the other is SW200.. So what I've done is i have open the two model and check it out the stem is it the same :) and fortunately it is the same model for the stem! And it is identical to the model base on what rhc22 have gave me for his stem which he fitted it in his asian clone! But i have a question, does cousinsuk sell the gen Omega Stem? If yes, will the gen omega stem will fit for my SW200? Cus if i buy the SW200 stem, i have no idea of exactly what is the length to cut. And do you guys have any ideas on how to contact cousinsuk or do they ship to Singapore? Cus if i know cousinsuk ship to Sin, it will be brilliant so that means i can franken it! If they don't, i can't mod anymore! Thanks

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
rhc22 said:
Didn't see that on cousins, would have saved a wait and extra postage!

Me too! I seems to can't find it... R2D4 which section/part did you find the 20mm stem? Thanks

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
If i plan to change the crystal, is it hard? Do i need to take off the bezel as well? Cus i have seen a thread in this forum where the user change his crystal, but he took off his bezel as well. Can i don't remove the bezel? Thanks

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
If i plan to change the crystal, is it hard? Do i need to take off the bezel as well? Cus i have seen a thread in this forum where the user change his crystal, but he took off his bezel as well. Can i don't remove the bezel? Thanks

omg.... this again? :picard::facepalm::picard:

Plz don't feed the troll. I understand his genuine love for PO but this is way too much and for too long. He doesn't even have the watch yet people!! Tell him to get a GEN or just even the REP and then JUST MAYBE start asking mod questions. Ppl like to help but...wow.

Summary of all his questions: How do i get a gen without paying gen prices. He has NO appreciation for the rep. It's just an empty shell for him. The more details given to him on how to mod it, the more likely he's going to break his watch and come back to cry about it in a post. Didn't he say earlier this is his FIRST rep? All his posts are questions about modding (multiple) watches he doesn't even have. 200 questions in one month..... holy shit.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
goonx said:
Didn't he say earlier this is his FIRST rep?

:picard:This is my first high end rep. Ok Boy, understand? I own a lot of replica but not with swiss movement. I ask cus now i just want to find out more details that why i ask. I also want to buy but no stock(can't help it). Even the maker haven't contact pure time and tell him that he going to pass him the stock. Im not trying to be a dick, but i just want to find out more details on franken. I repair quartz before which i stated in my last post and i hope that it can be apply to mechanical as well. I love watches as well as replica. I own several gen watch too. But i prefer rep, cus it is the same movement (when i say same, it is actually the same ETA and 28,800) so no point it is just complete waste money on gen watch. The money which i pay on the gen watch could be better off spending on something else useful.

rhc22

26/11/11
omg.... this again? :picard::facepalm::picard:

Plz don't feed the troll. I understand his genuine love for PO but this is way too much and for too long. He doesn't even have the watch yet people!! Tell him to get a GEN or just even the REP and then JUST MAYBE start asking mod questions. Ppl like to help but...wow.

Summary of all his questions: How do i get a gen without paying gen prices. He has NO appreciation for the rep. It's just an empty shell for him. The more details given to him on how to mod it, the more likely he's going to break his watch and come back to cry about it in a post. Didn't he say earlier this is his FIRST rep? All his posts are questions about modding (multiple) watches he doesn't even have. 200 questions in one month..... holy shit.

:biglaugh: We all have the choice of reading a thread or not.
I've thrown a bit of information in from what I learnt modding a UPO more as general for anyone to read. There is no disputing ahboy has many, many questions and we all go about it in different ways. Personally I found everything I needed to know reading through all the great posts from many members on all the boards.

I blame Angus for not having stock!:biglaugh:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I blame Angus for not having stock!:biglaugh:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is very true. :)

On the stem, tzschool, the other Otto run site, lists this as an extra long 20mm stem for the 2801, 2824, 2836.....ect. They come on an ETA blister card but I am not at my office so I don't have the part number. Call cousins UK or email and ask.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
rhc22 said:
We all have the choice of reading a thread or not.
I've thrown a bit of information in from what I learnt modding a UPO more as general for anyone to read. There is no disputing ahboy has many, many questions and we all go about it in different ways. Personally I found everything I needed to know reading through all the great posts from many members on all the boards.

I blame Angus for not having stock!

Thanks mate! Thanks for being forgiving and understandable. Next week Angus going to help me to ask the maker do they have stock a not. What I'm worry right now is cousinsuk do they ship to Sin. Hey rhc22 u're in the UK right now, can you help me contact/call cousinsuk do they ship to Sin? Cus I'm in sin right now to wait for the watch. Thanks

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey chaps, i have ask angus this few days as he told me that june he will have stock but unfortunately i have heard from him that the maker say the end of the month then have stock so bad luck for me:(... Now i feel like :cry: out loud! Btw i still haven't made my decision wether to wait for the ss bracelet or immediately buy the rubber strap version as now (if I'm not wrong) Angus have stock for the rubber strap version. But i personally prefer the ss bracelet version is because firstly the gen ss bracelet is so freaking ex and secondly the rubber strap and ss bracelet version is the same price I might as well better off getting the ss bracelet since both of them is the same price and ss bracelet is way more valuable then rubber strap and since i going to buy the gen rubber strap change( i don't need the rep rubber strap) and the rep rubber strap is maybe fragile. Thanks