• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Gen He valve and Tube change?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey chaps, I have chat with Mr Pap about this matter and he told me this is a difficult modification and he suggest me to create a thread about this matter. Mr pap had used the rep tube and some marine epoxy. So if i change the He valve and tube to the gen, does it need any modification in order to fit in the gen? Like for example milling to mill/trim away the excessive part which causes it not to fit in? Thanks

Ps. I still haven't buy a UPO yet but soon i going to buy. Now i just settling this matter first... Cus i don't want to buy and after that it can't be mod.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Hey chaps, I have chat with Mr Pap about this matter and he told me this is a difficult modification and he suggest me to create a thread about this matter. Mr pap had used the rep tube and some marine epoxy. So if i change the He valve and tube to the gen, does it need any modification in order to fit in the gen? Like for example milling to mill/trim away the excessive part which causes it not to fit in? Thanks

Ps. I still haven't buy a UPO yet but soon i going to buy. Now i just settling this matter first... Cus i don't want to buy and after that it can't be mod.

Mmmh, I´m always willing to help out...but can´t you just pls use the search function...

read this good thread for tube by olworthers pls (took about 20 seconds to type and find :) )

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/45-5mm-planet-92079?t=92079

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks mate. I have seen this thread before but it doesn't really show how to remove the he valve and tube. It just show how to remove the case tube.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I suggest you wait for a response from Q5? or R2D4 - they are the PO Experts, next to Pap of course

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well as far as i know, gen tube is screw in, rep is just pressed in.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But once it is apply with marine epoxy, it just decoration which what Mr Pap had told me..

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well if you use the rep tube, as i have, it wont be functional any more. Perfect looking but no screwing...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I am done answering all of these questions from Ahboy. Nice kid and everybody has to start somewhere but I think he needs to buy the watch and enjoy it.

I don't mean to be a dick, I really don't, I just want to see him with a watch first. Once that happens I will open up the hospitality. ;)

Said with respect and love. Peace.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I am done answering all of these questions from Ahboy. Nice kid and everybody has to start somewhere but I think he needs to buy the watch and enjoy it.

I don't mean to be a dick, I really don't, I just want to see him with a watch first. Once that happens I will open up the hospitality. ;)

Should have read his custom user title; now i understand. :facepalm:

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Im sorry for wasting you guys time. Cus this is my first time buying rep and mod it.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest

Hey R2, take a look at my "little modification" thread and shoot me a PM if you like. I have the watch, the gen He valve assembly, and a whole lot of motivation.... :cool:

Sent from the W.C.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey chaps I have ask puretime and angus say no stock... So bad luck.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But unfortunately, i don't prefer a used.. Theres maybe something wrong though.. Like for example there a guy last week or so sell a spoilt tag heuer which he bought from a user on this forum...

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Just quit pissing about and buy a watch.

At this point you are just trolling and wasting peoples time by asking for/receiving outstanding advice and then posting up more of this.....

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
ahboy, just buy the damn thing.
I am beginning to think that only a gen will keep you happy.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But now pure time doesn't have stock! I maybe next week going to pay money first.. And when pure time have stock, then they ship. I'm eager for the watch too...

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
Dude, like I said again in the old post.

BUY THE WATCH and ENJOY it. You can't even appreciate what the mods bring to the watch yet.

The UPO is already a SUPER REP. i.e. it's nearly perfect out of the box.

These mods make it better but do you know how "much" better?

I already have my UPO since your last thread. It's your first rep and honestly, these mods are out of your league right now. You just might screw up the whole thing without actually putting it on your wrist.

People were patient with answering your questions but you're pushing people to the edge.

If you don't want it used? Buy one and send it to one of the modders. If you don't like that? well just leave it as it is.

A rep will always be a rep. A gen is a gen.