• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unrealistic expectations of forum members ( majority ) by a disillusioned replica buyer

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Bored Kill Me GIF by reactionseditor

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Guess I got lucky for 6+ years now. I never had a bad experience with a TD or a private seller. Throughout the years I had 2 modded watches where a hand had become lose after a year-or-so but that was an easy and painless fix. I even have a replica with the dreaded Panerai P9000 clone and I treat it like I would treat an original and so far, so good. Worst thing that can happen is that I lose a few hundred bucks after years of enjoyment.

And I do have a Range Rover that needed the hydraulic suspension pump replaced, GEN, not replica. If you want to experience financial pain, buy a modern car full of black boxes and you'll realize how insignificant your emotional pain related to replica watches is.

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
Well, I'm quite new and fresh to the rep topics, but what I understood from what I've read is that there's always a chance factor that those who want to acquire a replica watch need to consider, they should never forget the reality that things can go wrong here.

But it seems like things have gone wrong repeatedly here for the OP, I don't know if this should be seen as 'below normal' or if there are other situations and factors. But when you read it, you first get a bit startled, thinking what if the same situation happens to me, then you empathize and feel sorry for what happened.

This rep. Thing seems a strange field...

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Guess I got lucky for 6+ years now. I never had a bad experience with a TD or a private seller. Throughout the years I had 2 modded watches where a hand had become lose after a year-or-so but that was an easy and painless fix. I even have a replica with the dreaded Panerai P9000 clone and I treat it like I would treat an original and so far, so good. Worst thing that can happen is that I lose a few hundred bucks after years of enjoyment.

And I do have a Range Rover that needed the hydraulic suspension pump replaced, GEN, not replica. If you want to experience financial pain, buy a modern car full of black boxes and you'll realize how insignificant your emotional pain related to replica watches is.
I have two cars full of black boxes .
There is no ' emotional pain ' they're fake toy watches .
There is no ' financial pain ' , it's bin day tomorrow i suppose i could put them in a black bag , and send them to the tip . The thought has crossed my mind .That would a bit crass though , i've gotta have 12k in replica watches tucked away ( M2M) i reckon .That's a nice gen .
I know it's to be somewhat expected buying fake watches knocked up in a Chinese chicken shack .It's just a bit time consuming tbh .
I've got some great replicas . I just pointing out that i received a lot of 'pups' as well from TD's. I get more watches in need of repair , than i do watches i can stick in my watchbox , and forget about . Not sure why that's hurt so many people's feelings ?

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
@muiramas Feelings were definitely hurt ... Just not ours. 😉

Why-do-People-Project.png

5ce34ffdd4f6fcaf8e4a8a606a24753cd01713c5e948285a0c9a7da8ebbec944-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DarioM6611

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Yes i really love it . Even more so now i've got my own stalker.

I only buy the so called ' best replicas' NWBIG .All purchased after extensive research , reading the opinions of my peers and 'experts' on the forum , and drawing on my own knowledge of watches .ALL PURCHASED FROM RWI TD'S.
I currently have three watches out for repair which is costing me circa £1000 . I have numerous in my watch box also needing fettling or some modification. ALL the problems should have been noticed with ten second check of the watch before seconding out.
My posts seem to have hit a raw nerve with forum members , especially one strange individual . Though to be honest it was to be expected . It's par for the course , anybody posting anything but 'TD's are amazing , replicas are amazing ' is quickly rounded on and ridiculed .
I think a healthy dose of honest appraisal, and a note of ' caveat emptor' is good for the forum .
Oh come on now. The vast majority of RWI's members is absolutely aware of all this and know what they're up to. If not, they'll learn along the way and stay if it suits them. Otherwise they'll leave, but probably without so much noise.
The reality is that you have a history of posts aimed at provoking controversy and enticing conflict.
The community righteously ridicules whoever comes and spits on reps after buying them for years and suddenly coming out and announcing with great fanfare a self-evident truth everyone is aware of.
Please spare us the misunderstood underdog charade.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Please spare us the misunderstood underdog charade.

That is exactly right, bro.

It's a weird kind of clownish and pretentious fake theater that nobody on RWI cares for or even finds mildly amusing.

The reality is that you have a history of posts aimed at provoking controversy and enticing conflict.

Could you please stop stalking the poor man and refrain from looking up his post history like some deranged, unbalanced stan? Who do you think you are? A mod? The stressed-out chap's triggered enough already... 👀😢😔😭🤣🤣🤣

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
First the 111 uses a Asian 6497 movement which is one of the most reliable typically. This one just seems luck of the draw to have gotten a bad one. The planet Ocean, VSF while good, is not known to have the best quality compared to some of the older ones like the noob versions. As far as your VSF date just, I remember reading somewhere about poor alignment of part of the date wheel on some of them. Seems as though you just had luck of the draw and picked one batch that had this issue. As far as the movement itself, I'm actually quite surprised because VSF movements are usually some of the best Rolex movements on the market currently, but anyone can get a lemon unfortunately. I can't speak to the GF top time as I have no experience with those. I'm sorry you're having a combination of bad luck combined with
3FfGeJ.jpeg

3FfStP.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Rx4Time

gla28

Looking Around
19/6/23
United Kingdom
So I've been on this forum a total of a few hours and I have already somehow made it through all 9 pages of this, read the posts about raids and then fell down the worm hole of people rejecting QC's for 0.1mm alignment issues. My take away was always use the Reddit alignment tools and always reject QC's for unrealistic expectations. Have I got this trolling right?

Joking aside, I'm already enjoying all of the great posts on this forum. Seems like a great place to help start my Rep journey

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
So I've been on this forum a total of a few hours and I have already somehow made it through all 9 pages of this, read the posts about raids and then fell down the worm hole of people rejecting QC's for 0.1mm alignment issues. My take away was always use the Reddit alignment tools and always reject QC's for unrealistic expectations. Have I got this trolling right?

Joking aside, I'm already enjoying all of the great posts on this forum. Seems like a great place to help start my Rep journey
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/you-are-welcome.10935638/post-11179738
Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/the-first-constitution-of-rwi.51989/

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.