• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos photo comparison: XF v5 vs ZF v2 versions

Mr Chewbacca

Looking Around
23/12/20
You'll just need to make sure you get the XF version with the Miyota. I understood when looking at these, that most of the recent versions are coming with the ETA clone. With the solid case back you won't know for sure even from QC photo stage, so best to try and confirm with your source.
I got this one. The description says Miyota so hopefully it's true..
https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTimeQC/comments/whn7f2

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
MT
Excellent work on the comparison. Thank you for taking the time to do this and share with us.

MeasurementCraft

Known Member
30/6/22
I have just placed an order for the black dial XF V5 after much research and comparison. This review did help, thank you. Does anyone know of a black dial xf/ZF/gen comparison?

MeasurementCraft

Known Member
30/6/22
Also, I have researched everywhere to try and find the answer but to no avail. Does the XF have dial markers lume yellowing issues? Or are they as per gen and white in normal light?

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
[QUOTE="MeasurementCraft, post: 10961002, l. Does the XF have dial markers lume yellowing issues? Or are they as per gen and white in normal light?
[/QUOTE]

They seem white for me so far. Bezel markings possibly slightly yellowed, but time will tell.

MeasurementCraft

Known Member
30/6/22
[QUOTE="MeasurementCraft, post: 10961002, l. Does the XF have dial markers lume yellowing issues? Or are they as per gen and white in normal light?

They seem white for me so far. Bezel markings possibly slightly yellowed, but time will tell.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks appreciate the response. Look forward to receive by my XF to clarify!

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
Case thickness : 14.5mm on XF vs 14.1 on ZF
Length: 50mm for XF vs 49.5mm on ZF (measured lug tip to lug tip)
Width: pretty close to 42mm on both (measured across bezel)

Bezel finish is similar on both, perhaps XF has the edge when comparing by loupe, but visually they're the same. The action on the XF is slightly more positive, but both good with just a little back lash. Vertically, there's more play in the ZF bezel.

Crown are both ok. knurling definitely better on ZF and shield logo similar on both but maybe XF has the edge.

In the photo below, XF on top; ZF bottom..
Gas escape valve better on XF for sure. Looks to be titanium vs stainless for the ZF.
Again, XF on top; ZF below.
The ZF crown finishing looks better than the XF, but the brush finishing on the XF looks better... I think XF will be the better overall choice in my opinion. Thank you for comparison again

scarface1926

3/9/22
hello to all members I wanted to ask if anyone knows about the movement that wears the Tudor pelagos xf which factory the A2824 is from? thanks you

scarface1926

3/9/22
hello to all members I wanted to ask if anyone knows about the movement that wears the Tudor pelagos xf which factory the A2824 is from? thanks you

Big Sioux

31/12/22
ND, US
Thanks for the awesome comparison! Call me crazy, but I think the XF triangle on the bezel looks closer to gen than ZF when comparing photos, does it not? Also, the ZF dial marker thickness looks nice, but XF also appears to be more accurate there in my opinion, but hard to properly gauge that with online photos.

How are the date windows compared to each other?

Reactions: swps

Rid-dit-dit-duh-doo

18/10/18
Thanks for the awesome comparison! Call me crazy, but I think the XF triangle on the bezel looks closer to gen than ZF when comparing photos, does it not? Also, the ZF dial marker thickness looks nice, but XF also appears to be more accurate there in my opinion, but hard to properly gauge that with online photos.

How are the date windows compared to each other?
Agree with the XF triangle on the bezel. Looks better than ZF in my eyes.

Reactions: swps and Big Sioux