• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black Bay GMT Baselworld 2018

Mikeodandy

29/6/16
I was playing around with the "build your own" on the Tudor website and the hands move etc. It looks like the gmt hand is on the very bottom a la' 1675/6542 etc so that makes things less complicated.

All I know is I'll be ordering this day one if it/when it gets repped.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
"Inside the Tudor Black Bay GMT is the new chronometer-certified MT5652 automatic movement. The movement operates using a jump hour “normal time” hand whereas the red reference time hand is set independently. The date is set via jumping the hour hands. Power reserve is a respectable 70 hours."

From: https://www.fratellowatches.com/the-tudor-black-bay-gmt-the-baselworld-2018-shocker/

So yes, we will have the CHS/ICHS drama. At £2,750 brand new (and a bit less after some buyers remorse makes its appearance around Q3/Q4 this year), this might be actually a VMWHG, very much worth having in gen, haha.

Shame about the thickness, I have seen some side photos and I can certainly see it has the big chunky size of the other black bays (which completely put me off).

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That looks very good. I think you are getting ALOT for the $ . . .

I know, right? And it's not a crappy low beat movement or a normal 2836 adapted, it's the proper 2893-2 which has a jumping GMT hour module. To me it's even better tham the Rolex option because it has quickset date and also jump hour (although in this case it's the GMT hand the one that jumps instead of the local hour hand).

Reactions: velox

Ryano

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/18
Perth, Australia
[video]https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/new-black-bay-gmt[/video]
Why is no one talking about this one? Its a lot of watch for the price

I think it’s gorgeous!!! I even prefer
It over the Rolex GMT Pepsi released at Baselworld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sirwatchalot

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
I know, right? And it's not a crappy low beat movement or a normal 2836 adapted, it's the proper 2893-2 which has a jumping GMT hour module. To me it's even better tham the Rolex option because it has quickset date and also jump hour (although in this case it's the GMT hand the one that jumps instead of the local hour hand).

Sweet. You know when its out ? Priced like a modded rep its for sure something i need in my watchbox ;)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Sweet. You know when its out ? Priced like a modded rep its for sure something i need in my watchbox ;)

It's already out, plenty of reviews on YouTube, and already sold out from Steinhart. There are a lot available online on the habitual places (Gnomon, etc). I'm waiting for payday, essentially. And also the wife will need some convincing, haha.

Reactions: velox

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I would almost consider selling off my rep collection for this gen...alllmoosstttttt

Reactions: phdsjain

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
This new Tudor is a beauty. Did you notice the new case shape? There’s a bevel on the bottom side to reduce the massive sideview.

464d2288b8ca019ec834e8d030b26094.jpg

And what’s about Steinhart? Did you ever try to wear one of those 42mm watches? They are far too flat. Sitting not very comfortable on the wrist because of big lug to lug length. And these awful SELs. So horrible. The ceramic bezel insert is not readable from many angles. Cyclops does not magnify very much.
The best of the watch is the movement. The remaining rest is crap in my eyes.

PhilRRS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/17
already put in my IOI for this and had to pay in full in selfridges, London. Full price. June is when its coming. my allocation is in the first 10

I was also told that new authentics will come with 1 strap only starting this year instead of 2 as before.

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I put 50% down at Fraser hart for mine and in position 3 but the info from Tudor said late May for stock with them. We shall see what happens. I do have my doubts about the need to reserve it though as I think stocks will be plentiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PhilRRS

Banned
17/4/17
I put 50% down at Fraser hart for mine and in position 3 but the info from Tudor said late May for stock with them. We shall see what happens. I do have my doubts about the need to reserve it though as I think stocks will be plentiful.

50%???? wow. I had to put 100%

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
50%???? wow. I had to put 100%

Actually since I posted that I withdrew my deposit from them and took up position No.1 at my local Rolex/Tudor dealer with no deposit required! That said I’ve bought a quite few watches from them over the years!!!!

PhilRRS

Banned
17/4/17
well, doesn it really matter if its 50 or 100 or 0 if you want the watch?

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
It doesn’t. On reflection I just prefer to deal with my independent family dealer rather than the big faceless chain store! ????

Reactions: phillies0179