• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trip to China - Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Oh, Huaqiang Bei. Been there, lots of electronics but not much in the way of watch reps, well at the stores I went to, and I've been there like 6 times. There are a lot more in the Louhu Commercial Center, at the Louhu MRT station. It's a tall building next to a park and a bus terminal.

Post pictures of the watches when you get them. :)
Really? How's the quality of the watches at the louhu commercial center man? Will check that out when I have the chance to go to Shenzhen again. Haha what did you buy?

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Really? How's the quality of the watches at the louhu commercial center man? Will check that out when I have the chance to go to Shenzhen again. Haha what did you buy?

Sent from the RWI App

They are of the low to mid range quality not on the level that the TDs offer, except for one shop in the group of stores in the middle, they have some high end PAMs but I had all of them already and they did not have the PAM285 which just came out. So just did window shopping from then on. Lots of variety in terms of brands though.

A friend went there at my suggestion and was stuck for an hour in one store where the lady kept on pressing him to buy a watch, which he eventually did, and later flipped which I grabbed for my collection, being the good friend that I am. :lol: He bought a DLCed PAM615 which the TDs don't offer (and at the time they didn't offer even the normal PAM615, took them a year before it appeared on their website). It's the watch on the left (next to the PAM615 and the PAM389). :)

BP7hsxM.jpg

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
They are of the low to mid range quality not on the level that the TDs offer, except for one shop in the group of stores in the middle, they have some high end PAMs but I had all of them already and they did not have the PAM285 which just came out. So just did window shopping from then on. Lots of variety in terms of brands though.

A friend went there at my suggestion and was stuck for an hour in one store where the lady kept on pressing him to buy a watch, which he eventually did, and later flipped which I grabbed for my collection, being the good friend that I am. [emoji38] He bought a DLCed PAM615 which the TDs don't offer (and at the time they didn't offer even the normal PAM615, took them a year before it appeared on their website). It's the watch on the left (next to the PAM615 and the PAM389). :)

BP7hsxM.jpg
Wow. They are gorgeous man. So they have stock even fastest than the TD here? It just happened to be the same case at the market I went to. It was flooded with low and mid range reps. I did see one or a few stores with a few high quality reps. I have ordered a v5 FC diver. Hopefully it will arrive tmr. Btw where are you from buddy?

Sent from the RWI App

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
And if have located some good reps, you can try ask them if they have the model you wanted. And they might give you the mid range quality reps and pretend they were the high quality ones. The ppl at the stores might not know what models you are talking about. They really know So little about it. So it would be better to speak in Mandarin.

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
And if have located some good reps, you can try ask them if they have the model you wanted. And they might give you the mid range quality reps and pretend they were the high quality ones. The ppl at the stores might not know what models you are talking about. They really know So little about it. So it would be better to speak in Mandarin.

Sent from the RWI App

I only know the most basic of Mandarin, like "Ni Hao Ma" and "Xie xie". :lol: I expected store sellers to almost not know English so I brought pictures. :) The tool of choice for price negotiations is the mighty calculator. :lmao:

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
I only know the most basic of Mandarin, like "Ni Hao Ma" and "Xie xie". [emoji38] I expected store sellers to almost not know English so I brought pictures. :) The tool of choice for price negotiations is the mighty calculator. :lmao:
Haha I even printed out those pictures and models and descriptions too. The QC video of my watch just arrived. I am quite glad I found a cheaper alternative to TD. Sad tht I didn't do much negotiation. They only gave me a 100rmb discount.

Sent from the RWI App