• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trip to China - Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Shenzhen update :

I was going through one of the shopping malls in Shenzhen today wearing my AP Grand Prix FC by JF and two sellers noticed it and approached me with a similar entry line "I see you like/have good quality replica, come inside the shop we have them as well". Black bags being opened and a show off of JF AP's, Noob Rolex, different factory Panerai reps, Hublot, etc. One of them had serious stock of JF AP's, easilly 20+ pcs.

I have been offered some good prices for the watches I inquired for but I've let them know that since I had already bought 5pcs. I had no serious intentions to buy more despite some caught my eye and I was with myself like, a 6th one could not be such a problem to take through customs back home?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heyy man would you mind sharing the mall you go ytd? I am going to Shenzhen the coming Friday. Wanna get something good.

Sent from the RWI App

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Doing this is pretty pointless guys...

The main factories have agents who work with the Dealers, the high end stuff is not on the street, maybe.. just maybe you will find some, like in upstairs rooms, like the op did, but its already been sold through an agent or wholesaler and changed hands once or twice, the prices will average higher than td's, then of course you have no warranty.

As or "secret" places.. wise up haha of course they are secret, i mean its not like you see public weed and coke farms do you, jeez..

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

The main factories have agents who work with the Dealers, the high end stuff is not on the street, maybe.. just maybe you will find some, like in upstairs rooms, like the op did, but its already been sold through an agent or wholesaler and changed hands once or twice, the prices will average higher than td's, then of course you have no warranty.

As or "secret" places.. wise up haha of course they are secret, i mean its not like you see public weed and coke farms do you, jeez..
I was more curious than anything else. The watches I bought in Watch City are so bad I wouldn't even post pictures here. That was long before I joined RWI. I am well aware I receive the best service and watches from my TD.

noobfreak

Getting To Know The Place
9/7/17
Sorry but why is it pointless to discuss where we might be able to find high quality reps from??? Yes the TD's on this site are great, but I would bet my life that they only account for a very small proportion of the total sales of these high end reps, and these very same models are available in markets in Asia.

Sent from the RWI App

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
If the deals were real good, I'd mail them home.

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Heyy man would you mind sharing the mall you go ytd? I am going to Shenzhen the coming Friday. Wanna get something good.

Sent from the RWI App
Sorry but why is it pointless to discuss where we might be able to find high quality reps from??? Yes the TD's on this site are great, but I would bet my life that they only account for a very small proportion of the total sales of these high end reps, and these very same models are available in markets in Asia.

Sent from the RWI App

good luck spending all that time trying to find such a place to save yourself 20 or 30 bucks and to have no warranty.

its been discussed enough over the
years, there is no treasure island lol

RepPossessed

100 watches in the uk 🤌🏼
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
its also a well known fact that the main dealers get their pick of the batches,
not the dude down the market..

after a production run the makers filter their batches, the best will get separated from the others with a scratch or wonky marker etc.

noobfreak

9/7/17
its also a well known fact that the main dealers get their pick of the batches,
not the dude down the market..

after a production run the makers filter their batches, the best will get separated from the others with a scratch or wonky marker etc.
Is it really a well known fact that TD's get the "pick of the batches"? From reading puretimes posts on the mechanics of the rep market I didn't get that imoression at all.
Anyway the point is it would be exciting to find places where you can actually see a range of products and choose, and buy it there and then. With TD's, buying a watch, waiting for order confirmation, qc pics, international mail etc is not all that much fun. Any saving in price would just be a nice bonus.
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge about the rep scene, I have only been into it for a month.

Sent from the RWI App

spursian

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Is it really a well known fact that TD's get the "pick of the batches"? From reading puretimes posts on the mechanics of the rep market I didn't get that imoression at all.
Anyway the point is it would be exciting to find places where you can actually see a range of products and choose, and buy it there and then. With TD's, buying a watch, waiting for order confirmation, qc pics, international mail etc is not all that much fun. Any saving in price would just be a nice bonus.
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge about the rep scene, I have only been into it for a month.

Sent from the RWI App
Even if you manage to find someone with the good reps at the markets, they don't keep a high number of stocks so chances of finding what you want is slim. In the end, you'll still need to order from them and they will deliver it to you.

dcausey

11/1/17
About a week ago I was in Shanghai, Tianzifang which is a traditional street market that is mostly bars and shops selling tourist goods. I saw a few Panerai, and Breitling watches out on the street. I briefly looked at them and they appeared to be low quality.

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
good luck spending all that time trying to find such a place to save yourself 20 or 30 bucks and to have no warranty.

its been discussed enough over the
years, there is no treasure island lol

Why is it pointless to go there buddy? We don't really have much chance to go to China and we just wanna do a treasure hunting when we have nothing to do when we were there. And someone did manage to find some reps with very high quality and why couldn't we just ask him to pass us an address here? Even if we didn't find anything good in the end of the day, we are okay with that. We never said we wanna find anyone to replace our TD and sure we couldn't.

Sent from the RWI App

spursian

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Why is it pointless to go there buddy? We don't really have much chance to go to China and we just wanna do a treasure hunting when we have nothing to do when we were there. And someone did manage to find some reps with very high quality and why couldn't we just ask him to pass us an address here? Even if we didn't find anything good in the end of the day, we are okay with that. We never said we wanna find anyone to replace our TD and sure we couldn't.

Sent from the RWI App

Well, in GZ, you can take the MTR (blue line) to the Guangzhou Train Station. Head to Zhanxi watch market area, and you'll see several buildings operating similarly. Wear one of your better reps, walk around, and if someone approaches asking if you want to see the good stuff, use your knowledge to let them know what you're talking about. The versions, factories etc. Oh, use some English as well. If you speak too comfortably in their native slang, they'll be wary. That's when they'll take you to one corner, and present to you the better reps, one by one...

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Well, in GZ, you can take the MTR (blue line) to the Guangzhou Train Station. Head to Zhanxi watch market area, and you'll see several buildings operating similarly. Wear one of your better reps, walk around, and if someone approaches asking if you want to see the good stuff, use your knowledge to let them know what you're talking about. The versions, factories etc. Oh, use some English as well. If you speak too comfortably in their native slang, they'll be wary. That's when they'll take you to one corner, and present to you the better reps, one by one...
Thanks for the advice man. I do speak a little Mandarin but definitely far from fluent. But do you have any contact I'm Shenzhen? CoZ GZ is quite far from me.

Sent from the RWI App

antotony0203

Renowned Member
30/4/17
Went to the watch market in Shenzhen ytd. The offer they are giving is quite good tbh. Perhaps an at least 20to30 off from our TD. The problem is the watches u want might just not in stock at the moment. So probably u would have to order from them and wait a few days for the watch. And mine quanrantee they could change the watch if there is QC issues.

Sent from the RWI App

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Can we change the title of this thread ? - I've packed and unpacked my suitcase 3 times already . . .

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Went to the watch market in Shenzhen ytd. The offer they are giving is quite good tbh. Perhaps an at least 20to30 off from our TD. The problem is the watches u want might just not in stock at the moment. So probably u would have to order from them and wait a few days for the watch. And mine quanrantee they could change the watch if there is QC issues.

Sent from the RWI App

Which market did you go to in Shenzhen?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I went to the one in Huaqiang North. Paid 500 deposit and the watch will probably come next week.

Sent from the RWI App

Oh, Huaqiang Bei. Been there, lots of electronics but not much in the way of watch reps, well at the stores I went to, and I've been there like 6 times. There are a lot more in the Louhu Commercial Center, at the Louhu MRT station. It's a tall building next to a park and a bus terminal.

Post pictures of the watches when you get them. :)