• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
The crown guards are polished, so it'll have to be grade 5 if it's to be faithfully reproduced.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
im wondering why they made a watch that looks almost identical to a submariner, basically a matte submariner....and called it a yachmaster

boomerknox

Getting To Know The Place
10/5/18
CONUS
Hopefully VSF can hit it out of the part first try. I’m excited enough to be a Guinea pig for the first batch lol

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
VSF have the excellent mold for the YM42 head already. It is a matter of the Ti 5 stamping tech and the bracelet supply.

Reactions: Alex_oz

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
Here it is on a 17cm (6.75 in) wrist:

Rolex-Yatchmaster-Titanium-5-e1680520523455.jpg

Other angles:

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-3-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-2-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-4-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-5-1500x1500.jpg

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Here it is on a 17cm (6.75 in) wrist:

Rolex-Yatchmaster-Titanium-5-e1680520523455.jpg

Other angles:

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-3-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-2-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-4-1500x1500.jpg

Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Titanium-RLX-5-1500x1500.jpg
Beautiful. How does it feel on the wrist?
Have I been mistaken that the case has a different shape to that of the 226659?
If so, it means that making this piece is a completely new entity for the rep factories

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
Beautiful. How does it feel on the wrist?
Have I been mistaken that the case has a different shape to that of the 226659?
If so, it means that making this piece is a completely new entity for the rep factories
These aren't my photos. So sorry I didn't point that out on the orig post.

Sources (hands-on reviews):

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Grade 5 Ti alloy is exclusive to Rolex????? How does this mean?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Grade 5 Ti alloy is exclusive to Rolex????? How does this mean?

sudo mysql

18/3/23
conus
Fair Warning: I know almost nothing about watches. That said:

I'm very excited for the replicas but I think there will be problems with the bracelet. Rolex is putting ceramic inserts inside the links (like with the Presidential bracelet) to avoid how titanium would almost certainly stretch/deform faster than stainless so engineering a whole new bracelet with hidden ceramic linkages will certainly add teething problems. And speaking of teething, machining the bracelet is going to add costs and delays beyond machining stainless steel.

So I love it, and I'm hopeful, but the odds of the bracelet being subpar are pretty high IMO. Polishing the crown guards and making the body of the watch are fairly straight-forward.

Reactions: big_polarbear

boomerknox

10/5/18
CONUS
Fair Warning: I know almost nothing about watches. That said:

I'm very excited for the replicas but I think there will be problems with the bracelet. Rolex is putting ceramic inserts inside the links (like with the Presidential bracelet) to avoid how titanium would almost certainly stretch/deform faster than stainless so engineering a whole new bracelet with hidden ceramic linkages will certainly add teething problems. And speaking of teething, machining the bracelet is going to add costs and delays beyond machining stainless steel.

So I love it, and I'm hopeful, but the odds of the bracelet being subpar are pretty high IMO. Polishing the crown guards and making the body of the watch are fairly straight-forward.
Does anyone know how this is handled on current Ti reps? Aren’t there some Tudor offerings in all Ti?

LongyUK

Supporter
Certified
9/3/21
I have the pleagos and NTTD. Both full titanium. The tech is there for the rep factories to produce the watch.

If the ceramic inserts are hidden; the rep factories simply wont use them (like the insert in the oysterflex). That being said, who really cares. Rep lovers have a bunch of watches and it would never get worn enough for the bracelet to stretch. To be fair the movement would be dead long before the bracelet.

If its visually identical (on the outside) and full Ti I'll preorder now.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I have the pleagos and NTTD. Both full titanium. The tech is there for the rep factories to produce the watch.

If the ceramic inserts are hidden; the rep factories simply wont use them (like the insert in the oysterflex). That being said, who really cares. Rep lovers have a bunch of watches and it would never get worn enough for the bracelet to stretch. To be fair the movement would be dead long before the bracelet.

If its visually identical (on the outside) and full Ti I'll preorder now.
Exactly the same thoughts:giggle:

Reactions: LongyUK