• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
ARF use 1LD as clasp code. And ARF is normally better than vsf. So some buy the ARF/clean bracelet for their vsf sub

Reactions: gkardag

Snoopy2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
So where to source a ARF bracelet. My TD says he can‘t get them.
would also buy m2m.

tc1709

15/12/15
I was wondering how to spot if it's a VS movement or not. To me it seems the bearings on the rotor are more pronounced than on VR movements. Are there any other signs?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I was wondering how to spot if it's a VS movement or not. To me it seems the bearings on the rotor are more pronounced than on VR movements. Are there any other signs?

It’s easy to spot the VS vs. the VR from the position of the regulation arms bc on the balance bridge. VS arms face outwards. VR has a fake beat adjuster facing out, and the two functional arms are under the balance bridge facing inwards.

Reactions: teehan

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
I highly think it's a JVS too. Me and @alvinado got duped before once in purchasing a "VSF" hulk but after much digging and verifying the movement. It was a JVS.

@gtatrevor you could open the caseback and take a look at the movement, snap a few good pics and share it here. Tag either me or @alvinado and we should be able to compare it for you

Reactions: gtatrevor

StrangwaysAtoll

31/5/22
Jamaica
Couldn’t pull up much information related to the VSF crown tube and gaskets in the latest VSF submariners. Forgive me it I missed it somewhere on here after searching a bit.

Do we know if VSF utilizes five gaskets in the crown/stem/crown tube mechanisms? Curious if anyone knows if they attempt to clone the tube mechanisms as are in the gen?

Is removing the crown and stem a way of distinguishing between genuine and replica?

gtatrevor

Horology Curious
5/3/22
Toronto, Canada
I highly think it's a JVS too. Me and @alvinado got duped before once in purchasing a "VSF" hulk but after much digging and verifying the movement. It was a JVS.

@gtatrevor you could open the caseback and take a look at the movement, snap a few good pics and share it here. Tag either me or @alvinado and we should be able to compare it for you
Hey brother, Thank you for your reply. I found out mine is a 3E factory which is pretty much a JVS, I ended up being able to get a legit VSF after so many attempts, dont think i will ever sell this thing

the supplier must have duped my guy I get them from. Recently Im noticing lots of quality issues, even sourcing a clean batman, I rejected it 5x as I was set on getting a V2 with the updated crystal and trying to obtain perfection. the first watch wasn't even a Clean and the rest had small issues with dial prints, etc... until the 6th one came and checked all the boxes - FYI, i have never rejected a watch that many times and have purchased upwards of 60 reps

We all got to put more due diligence to ensure what we are getting. Many noobs out there probably dont know what a VSF is and will get duped easily with some EWF quality

The one i finally sourced has a serial 2Rxxxx with a 3VV clasp and verified the movement to be VS3235

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Hey brother, Thank you for your reply. I found out mine is a 3E factory which is pretty much a JVS, I ended up being able to get a legit VSF after so many attempts, dont think i will ever sell this thing

the supplier must have duped my guy I get them from. Recently Im noticing lots of quality issues, even sourcing a clean batman, I rejected it 5x as I was set on getting a V2 with the updated crystal and trying to obtain perfection. the first watch wasn't even a Clean and the rest had small issues with dial prints, etc... until the 6th one came and checked all the boxes - FYI, i have never rejected a watch that many times and have purchased upwards of 60 reps

We all got to put more due diligence to ensure what we are getting. Many noobs out there probably dont know what a VSF is and will get duped easily with some EWF quality

The one i finally sourced has a serial 2Rxxxx with a 3VV clasp and verified the movement to be VS3235

Personal opinion might differ, but I suggest you change your dealer as it seems like the issue has occured one too many times.

Supplier may be screwing up but the dealer has to put in the effort to filter out all these issues and change their supplier if need be...

Also, if he did send you a JVS by mistake or without doing His due diligence I hope he offered you something in compensation for the troubles.

It is very common for dealers to push the blame to their suppliers - but remember in future to do your own DD as you did with your clean batman

Reactions: gtatrevor

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Hey together!

I just received my Rolex Submariner 116610ln VSF. It's a S39 Serial version.

What do you think? Here are a few photos with different light conditions:

But it looks like the bracelet have another steel? Here you can see that the bracelet have another color in:

Is this normal?
Thank you! :)

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
Hey together!

But it looks like the bracelet have another steel? Here you can see that the bracelet have another color in:

Is this normal?
OOTB just stunning IMO. Congrats. I think it‘s just because of the polished part of the case in contrast to the bracelet, which is brushed completely

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
Hey together!

Is this normal?
May you be so kind to let us know who your TD is ? :)

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
OOTB just stunning IMO. Congrats. I think it‘s just because of the polished part of the case in contrast to the bracelet, which is brushed completely
Thank you! Then i‘m happy. 🙂 otherwise i thought about to buy a ARF bracelet.
Is that contrast like gen? I never saw that on any pictures.

May you be so kind to let us know who your TD is ? :)
Ofcourse. My dealer was jtime.io. The service was quite good so i can recommend it. 🙂

Vi-Lo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/1/19
Germany
I have the ARF V3 and the bracelet is great - but Never held a VSF bracelet in hands, so i can‘t tell you about the difference :confused:
but i think the ARF bracelet is a little above the VSF

gkardag

7/8/19
Hey together!

Is this normal?
wow superb crystal and date for my point of view!
enjoy the watch ;)

I'm waiting my S29 so I will post pictures when have it

Carizmatic

Known Member
25/12/12
Hey together!

Is this normal?
Nice watch - enjoy. I've ordered the same watch, also a S39 and I am really excited to hold it in my hands the next couple of weeks. Hopefully 😉 could you please let me know how you would rate the SEL on the back? Any gaos in between the bracelet and the case? Do you have a picture which gives me an idea? I would really appreciate it.

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
The VSF bracelet is normally not as good as the ARF
The vsf endlinks is to little recessed

The best bracelet for the vsf 116610 is the old zzf v3 that has absolutely perfect endlinks and clasp.

But it is clean/ ARF that it is possible to buy now.

I am waiting for a clean/arf bracelet for the vsf bracelet was very bad, specially the clasp.

Reactions: gkardag

tc1709

15/12/15
It’s easy to spot the VS vs. the VR from the position of the regulation arms bc on the balance bridge. VS arms face outwards. VR has a fake beat adjuster facing out, and the two functional arms are under the balance bridge facing inwards.
Ah yes, thank you sir