• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Jem93

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/14
Hello again! :)
I´ve ordered my first Rep and got my QC photos today.
Although I asked for a S39 version, they send me photos from an S19 version.
Does anybody know the differences between this versions?

if i don't remember wrong it's a pre raid version??? i think it's impossible, but wait the answer of an expert

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
I asked Li if they have got S39 in stock and the answer was: "Yes, I can pick a S39 for you I think."
If not a S39, is it better to ask for S29 otherwise?

Jem93

13/11/14
I asked Li if they have got S39 in stock and the answer was: "Yes, I can pick a S39 for you I think."
If not a S39, is it better to ask for S29 otherwise?

to be honest, some people are looking for the pre reid version, i think you have to be lucky with the watch, don't care about the serial, the qc pics you receved are good, enjoy the watch with s19, 29 or 39

Reactions: Spiral_Cabbage

Jem93

13/11/14
While we are talking about Serials, i noticed that my VSF 126610LV have a strange serial, that i never seen in other watches, mine is 2R8S2265, did anybody now if it's a bad made one? i always se serial's with 2R_ _S_ _ _, mine have only one number after the "R" and four after the "S" lol

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Thank you for your answer! Yes, I think the QC pics looks good over all.
But there are a few things..
For me the SEL look like they are short. Are they? Or are they good?
Are the hands the updates versions? How can I proof, if this is a VSF Version without the clasp code?
The engravings on the bezel are a bit fat, is that ok?
The date is not centered - but I think this is ok, isn't it?

sutekidane

Horology Curious
20/3/22
While we are talking about Serials, i noticed that my VSF 126610LV have a strange serial, that i never seen in other watches, mine is 2R8S2265, did anybody now if it's a bad made one? i always se serial's with 2R_ _S_ _ _, mine have only one number after the "R" and four after the "S" lol

It's normal. I just ordered two Starbucks and one of them is also with the 2R _ S_ _ _ _ serial sequence. I asked my local TD and he said it's the newest VSF batch. Some QCs over at /r/RepTimeQC also had the same serial sequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and Jem93

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Where Can i see What version i have? Like s19/29 etc.. my serial is not like that. Bought it one year ago
5da21fe70095bf970703bbe172148f68.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Jem93

13/11/14
Where Can i see What version i have? Like s19/29 etc.. my serial is not like that. Bought it one year ago
5da21fe70095bf970703bbe172148f68.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

its only for the 116610 version, you have a 126610,

L0pht

Looking Around
17/7/22
hello everyone,
I'm about to buy a 116610ln vsf from a td and it tells me that it will be a s39 as a serial.
I have not found any reviews or comparisons with the previous serials (s19/29), what do you tell me, is it a good vsf?

Any suggestion it's appreciated
Thank you

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk

Jem93

13/11/14
hello everyone,
I'm about to buy a 116610ln vsf from a td and it tells me that it will be a s39 as a serial.
I have not found any reviews or comparisons with the previous serials (s19/29), what do you tell me, is it a good vsf?

Any suggestion it's appreciated
Thank you

Inviato dal mio M2007J3SG utilizzando Tapatalk

your answer is in your question xD there is no comparison between the s19/s29 and s39 but you can compare the photos from the members, somebody says that the s19/s29 had better SEL's, somebody says the s39 are better made of all time... analyze your qc pics and enjoy your watch, i think s39 is an awesome rep, and remember always we are talking about rep's... have a good day

Johnnymolee

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Hello together.
I got new QC photos from s S39 serial. In my opinion, there is pretty much no difference between S19 and S39 serial. At least I can't see any difference, with one exception: SEL

Here is a comparison between QC of S39 (left side) and S19 (right side).
zaGqQc.png

But if I compare the QC of S19 and S39 with QC photos from other VSF versions, I get doubts If these are really from VSF. The bezel looks like a JVSF?! Am I wrong?
What do You think? I don't have photos of the movements and asked for it.
One more Question: There is a little gap between SEL. Is this ok? S19 seems to be tighter.

This is S39:

zaGnj5.jpg

zaG6IF.jpg

zaG1up.jpg

zaGrJ2.jpg

zaGBWE.jpg

zaGQln.jpg

zaGlF3.jpg

zaGC2s.jpg

zaGTvD.jpg

zaGP6Y.jpg

Last edited:

Anaanis

Known Member
11/5/22
From the moon, I watch
Hello together.
I got new QC photos from s S39 serial. In my opinion, there is pretty much no difference between S19 and S39 serial. At least I can't see any difference, with one exception: SEL

zaGqQc.png

But if I compare the QC of S19 and S39 with QC photos from other VSF versions, I get doubts If these are really from VSF. The bezel looks like a JVSF?! Am I wrong?
One more Question: There is a little gap between SEL. Is this ok? S19 seems to be tighter.

This is S39:

zaGnj5.jpg

zaG6IF.jpg

zaG1up.jpg

zaGrJ2.jpg

zaGBWE.jpg

zaGQln.jpg

zaGlF3.jpg

zaGC2s.jpg

zaGTvD.jpg

zaGP6Y.jpg

There are links all over the forum, slso in this thread here I brlueve, to a thread that explains that posting qc pics BEFORE you bought the rep is strictly forbidden, just so you know ... Pls do your reading.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
There are links all over the forum, slso in this thread here I brlueve, to a thread that explains that posting qc pics BEFORE you bought the rep is strictly forbidden, just so you know ... Pls do your reading.

My understanding (although I’m still a noob) is that posting QC pics with a *specific* question is ok. In this case, the QC pics were posted with a specific question about the SEL gap.

Reactions: leo6929

Jem93

13/11/14
Hello together.

zaGqQc.png

This is S39:

zaGnj5.jpg

zaG6IF.jpg

zaG1up.jpg

zaGrJ2.jpg

zaGBWE.jpg

zaGQln.jpg

zaGlF3.jpg

zaGC2s.jpg

zaGTvD.jpg

zaGP6Y.jpg

i think the te is a little gap, i would buy the s19 another s39

gtatrevor

Horology Curious
5/3/22
Toronto, Canada
Just got a VSF 126610LV and my bracelet is wack - my bracelet code is 1LQ

you guys know how the bracelet has 3 sections on its width

1 side of the section on the left is the 116610LN width, the centre is correct width and the right side is the actual 126610LN bracelet sections

As a result, theres a gap of 1mm on 1 corner on the first link in between the end of the bracelet and the inner case lug

has anyone ever heard of this with VSF before?

Im pretty pissed

byseconds

4/11/21

1 side of the section on the left is the 116610LN width, the centre is correct width and the right side is the actual 126610LN bracelet sections

As a result, theres a gap of 1mm on 1 corner on the first link in between the end of the bracelet and the inner case lug

Im pretty pissed

Really smells like shit, contact your Trusty Dealer.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Im pretty pissed

please post pics

May016

14/8/17
Hey everyone,

Just got my QC pics for a VSF 114060 no date sub. I have read up on the pre-raid VSF vs. post-raid VSF quality and I am not sure I can tell a difference based on pictures alone. Can anyone comment on the VSF post-raid bracelet quality? Looks like the engraving on the steel bracelet is "7GJ" but I'm unsure of the quality of it vs. an ARF bracelet.

Also, the rehaut seems a lot lighter than I would have anticipated. Any thoughts on it?

Klocklind123

Known Member
17/2/09
I think that the ARF bracelet is better.

End links and clasp feels mire genuine like!

But then that is abouis180 $ plus shipment.

But that is worth it if you get a submariner that is so well made that very few will see it is a fake one