• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
too bad you don't offer these mods.............. :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

The problem is twofold: it’s very labor intensive and probably not worth what I would have to charge, and I cannot perfectly replicate the original factory brushed finish.

elflako17

Supporter
Certified
2/7/21
The problem is twofold: it’s very labor intensive and probably not worth what I would have to charge, and I cannot perfectly replicate the original factory brushed finish.

sad reacts only...... lol but if i was into modding watches I would take a gander at it but yea not even close to that realm

crying.gif

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

1breitling

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/9/17

Yeah I would agree, this looks a little suspect. Is it from a TD? Unless there is a major visual effect going on here with the plastic, I would red light it, or at least get a couple of different angled pictures.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
It is from a well-known TD. Unfortunately I have already accepted, I realized it later, shit!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
It is not that bad and after you take off all the plastic and wear it, you will not even think about it.
No one will ever see it anyways, unless one is in the habit of showing off that they’re wearing gen, which I’m sure that your not.

All reps have some sort of defect. They’re a $500 versions of a $14K watch.

Mine has a wonky rehaut that starts to curve up at the serial number and the floating m. Things that once you see it, you cannot unsee. No one else needs to know though.

Just put it on and enjoy :)

Last edited:

1breitling

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/9/17
It is from a well-known TD. Unfortunately I have already accepted, I realized it later, shit!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hopefully there is nothing else wrong with it. At least it’s on the inside of the clasp where no one can see.

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
Have one of these on order. Got the pictures yesterday, so it will take some time I can show you if it is worth and fits better.

Also no recess at the lugs?

mac83

9/7/13
Not sure if this was answered before , but the lugs are quite sharp on vsf 126610ln also the hulk , is this as per gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vankue

Horology Curious
12/3/19
hi guys, what do you think? could it be the 9 o'clock marker on the dial is slightly crooked? or is it just the photo that is not perfectly straight? I state that in fact I also had to rotate the image because it was not straight....
qc-deb5043f5858.png

Last edited:

cavester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/12
Considering the purchase of a 1LD CF bracelet as a replacement for my 1LQ VSF bracelet for a better clasp and full 904L steel bracelet.

Anyone who has done so?
Is the 1LQ not 904L?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

LeoBro

Horology Curious
18/11/21
Hello,

I am rather new to the forum. Can someone please point me in the direction of where to look for Franken Rolex Submariner which can be a little more expensive than straight from the factory?

Many thanks in advanced!