• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I must be lucky, the glidelocks on all my VSF 116's and 126 are smooth like butter, similar to or as good as gen.

I have a nice smooth VSF glidelock for sale if anyone wants, check my sales thread.

Last edited:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Finally, VSF goodness.

20406562b6ed07cc804df967fc112e68.jpg

b954e11306ae392266372c2ceabe8dc9.jpg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
With the waterproofing test what equates to 300M is it 5 kg/cm2 ?

To test to 300m, you’d need something way bigger and more expensive than this tester.

5kg/cm2 equals 5 atmospheres or 50 meters/150 feet.

300 meters would be 30 atmospheres, probably 30kg/cm2.

Reactions: Ylijumala

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Balls of steel doing a wet test with the movement installed!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Balls of steel doing a wet test with the movement installed!

Not necessarily. I do a “dry test” first as my watchmaker taught me (former watchmaker at Rolex, Omega, and Patek)

Pump up to 5atm, wait 3 mins per Bergeon for saturation, and decompress without submersion. If the watch is intact then, it should definitely be fine to submerge after 3 minutes of saturation. If the glass were to pop while dry test, there’s a huge issue.

Remember, the bubbles out is not water replacing the air, it’s only air exiting the case. And that’s per Bergeon.

Have tested my whole collection this way without issues.

Last edited:

byseconds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/21
I must be lucky, the glidelocks on all my VSF 116's and 126 are smooth like butter, similar to or as good as gen.

I have a nice smooth VSF glidelock for sale if anyone wants, check my sales thread.

It´s not lucky, the normal thing is clasp and glidelock very close to the gen.

I have an GMF 116610 and a VSF 116610, bracelet, clasp and glidelock are both very close to gen. First I got GMF and while I was waiting for the VSF I thought about changing parts, finally the VSF bracelet parts are so good that it wasn`t necessary.

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
It´s not lucky, the normal thing is clasp and glidelock very close to the gen.

I have an GMF 116610 and a VSF 116610, bracelet, clasp and glidelock are both very close to gen. First I got GMF and while I was waiting for the VSF I thought about changing parts, finally the VSF bracelet parts are so good that it wasn`t necessary.

Clasp and Glidelock is really good at VSF. This is correct.
But at mine is the recess between Case and SEL not existent. Stop, not completely correct. At the 12 o‘clock side it would be okayish at 6 o‘clock at one side it’s not only not existent, it stands over the horn! One side is flush, one side too high.
So I ordered a Clean/ARF.
Hope it’s really the bracelet and not a fault at the case…

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hope it’s really the bracelet and not a fault at the case…

No, it's the case. The holes for the spring bars are not in the exact correct place on each lug for good recess and there is nothing you can do about it unless you can fill and then re drill the hole(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Werdenfelser

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I pulled my bracelet apart and filed the SELs lower for more recess. It’s crazy time consuming but it can be done.

Reactions: Werdenfelser

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
This with the case is sad…

Tried to pull the links apart. But failed. Not sure where and how I can grab the link without scratching it.
Tried also with a kind of pointy tang to push the outer links outwards, also no success.
Do you have some hints for me?
Or I will try to Sand it down in Place. Lots of tape to protect the rest of the bracelet.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
This with the case is sad…

Tried to pull the links apart. But failed. Not sure where and how I can grab the link without scratching it.
Tried also with a kind of pointy tang to push the outer links outwards, also no success.
Do you have some hints for me?
Or I will try to Sand it down in Place. Lots of tape to protect the rest of the bracelet.

You need the tools for dismantling the bracelet to do this. Here are a couple of the mods I did.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9943729-sel-mod-for-vsf-126610

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/10462074-cf-12xxxx-sel-mod

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Yep, you need that special tool to pull those non screwed links apart if you don't wanna scratch the bracelet. And that tool is damn expensive

Werdenfelser

Horology Curious
23/2/22
Triplock Thank you for the links and your great How to’s! Really enjoyed reading.
I think I wait till my ordered bracelet arrives. Then I can compare if it fits better and I have spare to tinker around and trying without destroying my only bracelet.
Maybe I find a nice watchsmith here on the list who would open my bracelet. To pay him should be a tad cheaper than buying the correct tool…