• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Flock

7/3/16
Is the CF vs VSF SELs accuracy only applied to 126610 models or also seen on 114060 no date models?

iPhone Tapatalk

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Understood, sounds similar to my issue, what did you wind up replacing it with?

Just replace it with a CF bracelet, they use the ARF bracelet, far better SEL fitment and it’ll also get rid of the horrendous catfish mouth shaped gap you currently have at the front of the clasp.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrln

TheNickGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
12/12/21
Los Gatos, California
Just replace it with a CF bracelet, they use the ARF bracelet, far better SEL fitment and it’ll also get rid of the horrendous catfish mouth shaped gap you currently have at the front of the clasp.

Thanks, Marky, I had previously found a discussion regarding ARF bracelets and their fitment, good to know that CF uses them. Any additional suggestions to acquire one, I have already reached out to my TD (Li)?

It's unfortunate, I rather like the rest of the bracelet. The "catfish" mouth is present when compared to other CF/ARF bracelets I have seen in the forum, however not as pronounced. Also, the Glidelock seems to work very well. The SEL fitment just really annoys me...

Reactions: mandipan

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
as far as I'm concerned, never any sel problem. whatever bracelet fits on my sub's case will do. when it breaks, and sooner or later it does, I'll take whatever bracelet is available

Reactions: TheNickGuy

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Thanks, Marky, I had previously found a discussion regarding ARF bracelets and their fitment, good to know that CF uses them. Any additional suggestions to acquire one, I have already reached out to my TD (Li)?

It's unfortunate, I rather like the rest of the bracelet. The "catfish" mouth is present when compared to other CF/ARF bracelets I have seen in the forum, however not as pronounced. Also, the Glidelock seems to work very well. The SEL fitment just really annoys me...

[mention]Marky101 [/mention] +1 after Nick, would be great to know which TD you asked!

Reactions: TheNickGuy

daidai95

Horology Curious
26/7/13
Hello repfam !! I wanted to buy a VSF submariner few months ago but they were out of stock because of china raid ! now just seen this new thread does it mean it s now available to buy ? Do you have any advice about 116610 which is better ? Wanted a LN but I see Kermit looks hyped are they better quality or os it same ? Any good seller ? Thanks buddies hope I can always find it

Flock

7/3/16
Hello repfam !! I wanted to buy a VSF submariner few months ago but they were out of stock because of china raid ! now just seen this new thread does it mean it s now available to buy ? Do you have any advice about 116610 which is better ? Wanted a LN but I see Kermit looks hyped are they better quality or os it same ? Any good seller ? Thanks buddies hope I can always find it

You need to take a breath :)
So many questions in a row lol
116610 is the 40mm version. The recent Kermit is 41mm which is 126610 (LV in this case).
I don’t know if the 116610LN or LV(Hulk) are still available.
AFAIK, some people are managing to get some 126610LN and 126610LV.
Which one is better? All of them are! It’s up to you to decide which one is better for you… the one you like more I guess :)
For a good seller… TDs section is your best bet.

Cheers

iPhone Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Steve at theonewatches.ru and Li at jtime have them. Find them in the td section of the forum and drop either of them an email

Reactions: P..DR..D

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21

VSF fanboys will tell you there’s nothing wrong with the SEL’s. CF / ARF bracelet is far superior, even the way it clicks shut. Li is your best bet, and it will also get rid of the horrible gap on the clasp that is an easy tell when on the wrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandipan

burkul

Horology Curious
3/1/22
new vsf3135 116610LV, what do you think of the rehaut and other flaws? thanks.

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
The crown is a little off, but not terrible. Can't see the serial from that angle. Seal might be a bit white, but again, it's hard to say. Don't stress over it. Wear what you like.

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
VSF fanboys will tell you there’s nothing wrong with the SEL’s. CF / ARF bracelet is far superior, even the way it clicks shit. Li is your best bet, and it will also get rid of the horrible gap on the clasp that is an easy tell when on the wrist.

Would also say that quality of VSF pre-raid bracelets (especially on DJs) showed some inconsistency (e.g. jubilees falling apart and crowns of 116x/126X occasionally detaching from the clasp). CF being an easy swap is also interesting for this, won't be bad to save one or two of them as spare.

Did you just bough one and it was 100% hit with lugs?