• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

michaeldingyi

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/10/24
Get the one you like. Yes the Hulk dial is slightly off. Noone will notice or care unless you're handing your watch to enthusiasts or side by side with gen. There are threads out there you can read for Hulk dial.

Or just get both. Easy peasy.
Haha that's a good attitude, thanks! Both for sure down the line, but for now, I only have the budget for one.

When you mean slightly off, do you mean the color's a bit off? Or the sunburst? Anything else I should look for?

Although it's for myself (i know this is echoed alot here, but this has been a grail piece of mine for the last decade), I wish to know that it is at least very close to the gen. This is meant to scratch the itch, so I won't continue chasing after this piece. Especially with how expensive it's gotten after it's been discontinued.

Art Vandelay

TC sub hunter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era 🇬🇧
Haha that's a good attitude, thanks! Both for sure down the line, but for now, I only have the budget for one.

When you mean slightly off, do you mean the color's a bit off? Or the sunburst? Anything else I should look for?

Although it's for myself (i know this is echoed alot here, but this has been a grail piece of mine for the last decade), I wish to know that it is at least very close to the gen. This is meant to scratch the itch, so I won't continue chasing after this piece. Especially with how expensive it's gotten after it's been discontinued.
Suggest you have a search of the forum, there are various threads comparing a gen sub reference to VSF counterpart.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

If you are so concerned, easy, get the gen dial and replace it into your LV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266008078911

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Any pictures of the VSF Hulk dial in the sunlight? Is the bowing effect of the sunray finish fixed on this version?

Dial does look a better shade

This entire thread is better, it's specifically for the Hulk. Read from page 48 onwards, there's some good comparisons between all the dials, I think the conclusion was that Clean's is the best.

Clean's Hulk dial is better. VSF is the inferior version. But it's very subtle, and unless you know what you're looking at and have experience with gen, for $500 the reps are good enough. Said it before but no rep "Hulk" dial is ever going to be like gen, period.

Reactions: leo6929 and peterpl

Xardas

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/7/21
🇪🇺
Hi guys, a question. I’d like to mount the gen Bezel on my 116610 CF. Is it plug and play? Is there any difficulty in rotating? Thickness? Can it be installed with the hytrel ring rep or do I have to get the gen one?

Thanks in advance! 😊

Reactions: AllanV

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Hi guys, a question. I’d like to mount the gen Bezel on my 116610 CF. Is it plug and play? Is there any difficulty in rotating? Thickness? Can it be installed with the hytrel ring rep or do I have to get the gen one?

Thanks in advance! 😊
The simple answer is trial and error. No reps are ever exactly 1:1 to gen constructions

Reactions: Xardas