• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Q66
Yeah, I’ll post some pics later. It’s really weird because I’ve seen some VSF pictures where you couldn’t really see a difference compared to gen.
I also have a Q66 but don’t have any gen to compare with in person (why do you have both gen and rep btw?) but compared with pictures I think they look pretty similar. Only the number 3 looks a bit different from what I can see.

Hasi1

Getting To Know The Place
5/8/24
Here are the pictures. First pic is gen, second is VSF (latest batch, Q66 serial)

hoBMMj.jpeg

hoBsg4.jpeg

why do you have both gen and rep btw?
I don’t want to buy the gen all the time when I go out. That’s why I bought the same watch as replica.

Reactions: Jcap66

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Here are the pictures. First pic is gen, second is VSF (latest batch, Q66 serial)

hoBMMj.jpeg

hoBsg4.jpeg

I don’t want to buy the gen all the time when I go out. That’s why I bought the same watch as replica.
Is bezel click, bracelet feel iverall still the 2 main things that are massively better on the gen?

Reactions: Hasi1

Hasi1

5/8/24
Is bezel click, bracelet feel iverall still the 2 main things that are massively better on the gen?
Not only that. I’m not an expert, but there are some differences where I even I can immediately tell, which watch is fake.
As you mentioned, the bezel feels a bit different. It sounds similar but there’s still back play. On the gen it doesn’t move back even a little bit.
The bracelet feels smoother on the gen. Especially the glide lock mechanism. Also, the clasp feels a lot better on the gen. When you close the clasp, it just sounds cheap on the rep.
But the most obvious things are the slimmer date wheel font and the thicker crystal on the rep. After I compared these two things to my gen, I now can’t unsee them.

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
I am not sure if this question is placed here correctly or if it would fit better into the technical or movement section.

In which range should the amplitude of the VS3230 movement be? After checking some different QCs on a TDs website, I noticed that the amplitude of the VS3230 seems generally rather low at around 220 degrees.

However the amplitute of the VS3130 usually seems to be around 290 degrees.

So my question is: Is it normal, that the VS3230 has a lower amplitude (around 220 degrees)? Is this related to the longer power reserve?

Thank you for your feedback!

Reactions: AllanV and Reaps

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I am not sure if this question is placed here correctly or if it would fit better into the technical or movement section.

In which range should the amplitude of the VS3230 movement be? After checking some different QCs on a TDs website, I noticed that the amplitude of the VS3230 seems generally rather low at around 220 degrees.

However the amplitute of the VS3130 usually seems to be around 290 degrees.

So my question is: Is it normal, that the VS3230 has a lower amplitude (around 220 degrees)? Is this related to the longer power reserve?

Thank you for your feedback!
You're correct, VS32xx series has lower amplitude, it's nothing to be worried about. I think aiming for 240-260 is good enough for the VS32xx series, that's what you should want. I wouldn't accept a 220 amplitude VS3230.

The VS3130 series the standard amplitude applies, anywhere from around 260-300 is ok, I prefer it at around 270-285

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
You're correct, VS32xx series has lower amplitude, it's nothing to be worried about. I think aiming for 240-260 is good enough for the VS32xx series, that's what you should want. I wouldn't accept a 220 amplitude VS3230.

The VS3130 series the standard amplitude applies, anywhere from around 260-300 is ok, I prefer it at around 270-285

Thanks a lot for your answer. The respective watch with a VS3230 movement shows an amplitude between 216 an 222 degrees on the time grapher. However the lift angle is shown at 52 degrees, which I assume is not accurate for a VS3230. Would you reject a watch with this amplitude?

Thanks again for you help.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Thanks a lot for your answer. The respective watch with a VS3230 movement shows an amplitude between 216 an 222 degrees on the time grapher. However the lift angle is shown at 52 degrees, which I assume is not accurate for a VS3230. Would you reject a watch with this amplitude?

Thanks again for you help.
I'm talking about 52 degrees, yeah. There was some debate about what the proper lift angle is but most dealers will just leave it at 52 degrees, so all the info I've seen is based off of that.

At 222 degrees seems low, ask the TD "can you fully wind the watch to make sure amplitude is good?"

Cheers