• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I am not good at finding these differences in the reps. But I read all the threads and then educate myself so I can make the best decision about which rep I think is best.

Even so, I am waiting for my QC pictures for this rep, and I will still probably post the QC pic to make sure the TD has given a V3 since I am not familiar with how to identify if the bezel is V3 because I cannot tell so easily from the pictures I have seen.

Good luck finding your RM!

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
I have the impression that the carbon of the v3 leaves more of a whitish trail on the case compared to a v2

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
The V3 is amazing, still with flaws, but so far the best version available out there. I must admit, I did expect more when I received it over V1, however it is by far the best RM rep out there at the moment.

Wish we could get a tourbillon movement, but oh well..., I’m sure some clever modder will make this happen. Too bad we can’t get some of my fellow AP brothers over to the RM side slaughterer62 to possibly make this happen.

I will post a video this week stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: roadtofreedom

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
The V3 is amazing, still with flaws, but so far the best version available out there. I must admit, I did expect more when I received it over V1, however it is by far the best RM rep out there at the moment.

Wish we could get a tourbillon movement, but oh well..., I’m sure some clever modder will make this happen. Too bad we can’t get some of my fellow AP brothers over to the RM side slaughterer62 to possibly make this happen.

I will post a video this week stay tuned...

Well I'm here . But I think I cannot pull off a RM. But I like the watch en the efforts to mke it as close to gen

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
What do you mean? The gen has a tourbillon movement no?

No it doesn't. What you see at 5 is just an open worked balance wheel.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
What do you want with a tourbillon on the 35?

Perhaps he is referring to the ZF 52 (skull version)? The ZF 52 has the best case and shape in the opinions of most. The other factories (JBF and EURF) have some tourbillon but other flaws like spelling errors on case back and shape of case. I agree not sure why he mentioned tourbillon on the 35?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And the balance wheel is not moving in this V3 correct?

Nope, fixed. The real balance wheel is moving but it's hidden behind the deco and at a completely different location.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Nope, fixed. The real balance wheel is moving but it's hidden behind the deco and at a completely different location.

I see thank you for pointing this out. Still anxiously awaiting my QC pictures!!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Perhaps someone can assist in how to ensure the bezel on the V3 is NTPT? I have looked at many pictures of the ZF RM35 in V1, V2, and V3, but I am not able to see the huge difference other than perhaps the texture of the V3 made with NTPT seems rougher. Is there a specific thing to look for on V3 for the NTPT bezel?

sp00ky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
Perhaps someone can assist in how to ensure the bezel on the V3 is NTPT? I have looked at many pictures of the ZF RM35 in V1, V2, and V3, but I am not able to see the huge difference other than perhaps the texture of the V3 made with NTPT seems rougher. Is there a specific thing to look for on V3 for the NTPT bezel?

That a good question that I ask myself because I ordered a V3 :D Is the bezel update worth it? I tought yes but it is hard to tell because of the different light situations in the pictures.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
That a good question that I ask myself because I ordered a V3 :D Is the bezel update worth it? I tought yes but it is hard to tell because of the different light situations in the pictures.

The difference will be very visible in real life.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
JM, in real life yes because of light reflection on the bezel. But QC pics can be difficult to see some subtleties.

True. But you can see on qc pictures the pattern of the V3 is more irregular: The lines are irregular and a lot of different angles in it. It’s a more random pattern. This part surrounds the area around the crystal. You can clearly see the lines get more regular and parallel towards the strap (away from the crystal). The V1 and V2 are very different from that.

And also the white jewel at 5 is a safe sign.

razr321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
Is the new ABD x ZF worth upgrading to if I have the previous ZF RM35 already? That carbon pattern and clear jewel look tempting but I'm not sure if it's worth the price bump.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
If the pink jewel doesn’t bother you then I say keep yours. It bothered me a lot lol so that’s why I sold mine and got the v3 coming