• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
That’s the impression I get from Gen pics:

0049877602e67c4e7563f6e816b3d0e2.jpg

c07ac8d1d58d68749c4924bd6c25c8e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wow.. looking at the ZF rm35 and gen side by side.. it feels like the ZF is so way off.. even the midcase that looks beautiful is so different in terms of color.. the ZF is just too white.. i think asides from the case dimensions... ZF really dropped the ball on the other stuff..

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
Brightness is just a factor of the exposure settings used to take the photo. I deliberately exposed for a brighter photo in order to show more detail. If I exposed it darker, it would probably look exactly like the gen photo above.

Reactions: roadtofreedom

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Brightness is just a factor of the exposure settings used to take the photo. I deliberately exposed for a brighter photo in order to show more detail. If I exposed it darker, it would probably look exactly like the gen photo above.

:megalol:

Gen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAlWHYcmUfQ (jump to 1:57)

My ABD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcteestnv4v8qe6/20190912_155836.mp4?dl=0

Please do share a video of your Z+F in the sun.

There is a lot of cross-pollination between AP and RM subforum. Folks in the AP subforum can't tolerate how closely the DW is to the Tachy for a AP rep. THAT is an instant tell from miles away, apparently, but over here they can suddenly tolerate this Zebra bezel--the first thing anyone sees and which is legitimately visible from any conversational distance??

Ok guys...sure...

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

There is a lot of cross-pollination between AP and RM subforum. Folks in the AP subforum can't tolerate how closely the DW is to the Tachy for a AP rep. THAT is an instant tell from miles away, apparently, but over here they can suddenly tolerate this Zebra bezel--the first thing anyone sees and which is legitimately visible from any conversational distance??

Ok guys...sure...

that pattern looks the biz bro

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

Ok guys...sure...

What’s size is your wrist?

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia

Ok guys...sure...

If you read my comment in context, it is clear that I'm talking about the brightness of the case instead of the bezel pattern.

Each RM rep watch available right now is a compromise. For example:
  • I love the bezel pattern on your ABD. However, it very clearly has the wrong mid-case, has the wrong shape and looks very chunky to me. That said, I'm very happy that you're happy with it!
  • I'm happy with the shape of the ZF case and the wholly carbon construction, but I had to compromise with the bezel and deco plate.
There is no wrong compromise and neither option will have people stopping you in the street to yell "FAKE" in your face, nor will you be able to pass it off as real to people who know what they are doing.

On people being able to tell whether your RM is real, neither the bezel nor the shape will matter. What matters most is your life. If you're worried about other people being able to tell that its fake:
  • Firstly, your life probably doesn't reflect the ability to reasonably own an RM watch and no one who knows about RM watches will believe you anyway.
  • Secondly, the chances of running into an RM expert who (a) knows enough about RM carbon patterns, and (b) gives a shit about what watch you're wearing, is extremely low.
  • Thirdly, you should just stop caring what other people think and just enjoy whatever you like.
I for one am glad that rep makers are making advances in material engineering to produce the Z maker bezel and ZF case! Both are great news for our hobby and you don't need to staunchly pick a side and try to tear down the other.

Separately, below are same photos but darker.

Reactions: vcappp and Glaude

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia
even in these photos the case just looks like it has too much white in it. or something.. im waiting for my ABD to arrive but ill definitely be waiting for improved versions of these. or maybe even the RM11 unless they somehow mess up a titanium case.

If only they could all just combine the best parts into a single rep!!!

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
If you read my comment in context, it is clear that I'm talking about the brightness of the case instead of the bezel pattern.

Each RM rep watch available right now is a compromise. For example:
  • I love the bezel pattern on your ABD. However, it very clearly has the wrong mid-case, has the wrong shape and looks very chunky to me. That said, I'm very happy that you're happy with it!
  • I'm happy with the shape of the ZF case and the wholly carbon construction, but I had to compromise with the bezel and deco plate.
There is no wrong compromise and neither option will have people stopping you in the street to yell "FAKE" in your face, nor will you be able to pass it off as real to people who know what they are doing.

On people being able to tell whether your RM is real, neither the bezel nor the shape will matter. What matters most is your life. If you're worried about other people being able to tell that its fake:
  • Firstly, your life probably doesn't reflect the ability to reasonably own an RM watch and no one who knows about RM watches will believe you anyway.
  • Secondly, the chances of running into an RM expert who (a) knows enough about RM carbon patterns, and (b) gives a shit about what watch you're wearing, is extremely low.
  • Thirdly, you should just stop caring what other people think and just enjoy whatever you like.
I for one am glad that rep makers are making advances in material engineering to produce the Z maker bezel and ZF case! Both are great news for our hobby and you don't need to staunchly pick a side and try to tear down the other.

Separately, below are same photos but darker.

No one is disputing the superior features of the Z+F. I don't have to be "worried" about gen vs fake to simply point out the inconsistency of folks who denounce and sneer stock AP Reps that have the DW touching the tachy but embrace this Z+F zebra bezel. Nor does pointing this out categorize me as "staunchly" pick sides either. I made this thread back in September. Does it look like I'm picking a side or does it look like I'm trying to add value to this community objectively?
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...breaking-down-all-the-popular-rm035-02-models

Lifestyle and ability is very subjective. I have the liquidity, right now, to purchase a few gen RM053-01 if I wanted. But I'm fine saying I cannot afford gen RMs. I've already outlined my thoughts about that here, including most of what you preached:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...e-are-you-wearing-today?p=8157301#post8157301

Does anyone have feedback on the Z+F rubber strap? Is it 2x better than the "Z" Factory? Or 10x better?

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
The Z+F rubber strap is excellent. I have a red gen strap and have not bothered to fit it as they are identical in every way even down to the feel/flexibility!

Reactions: d3xophen

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
even in these photos the case just looks like it has too much white in it. or something.. im waiting for my ABD to arrive but ill definitely be waiting for improved versions of these. or maybe even the RM11 unless they somehow mess up a titanium case.

Still think this is a misconception of photos, if you adjust the lighting it significantly changes how this carbon material looks. It can go from shiny to very flat, and from almost black to very light grey, it’s a very dynamic material.

FBD55508-6972-4-DB7-9472-C5-CF167-F6-F14.jpg

Pic on top is a gen, bottom is rep photo posted earlier slightly colour corrected due to very blue studio lighting, but no brightness adjustment! Looks pretty close to me!

DC

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Since I am the King of forged carbon and it is my all time favorite part on watches, I will give my review by tomorrow, my watch arrives today...

I will let everyone know if the carbon on the Z RM gets me hard or else you will get my most honest flaccid review on the matter !!! Lol

Stay Tuned and you can all judge for yourself...

Ifcowscouldfly

Supporter
Certified
25/3/17
Australia

No one is disputing the superior features of the Z+F. I don't have to be "worried" about gen vs fake to simply point out the inconsistency of folks who denounce and sneer stock AP Reps that have the DW touching the tachy but embrace this Z+F zebra bezel. Nor does pointing this out categorize me as "staunchly" pick sides either. I made this thread back in September. Does it look like I'm picking a side or does it look like I'm trying to add value to this community objectively?
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...breaking-down-all-the-popular-rm035-02-models

Lifestyle and ability is very subjective. I have the liquidity, right now, to purchase a few gen RM053-01 if I wanted. But I'm fine saying I cannot afford gen RMs. I've already outlined my thoughts about that here, including most of what you preached:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...e-are-you-wearing-today?p=8157301#post8157301

Does anyone have feedback on the Z+F rubber strap? Is it 2x better than the "Z" Factory? Or 10x better?

Yeah that's fair, sorry for misunderstanding you before.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Ok...

Here it is plain and simple...

1. This replica is not 100% gen, but you all knew that...
2. This rep gets me hard....

Bravo ZF!!! What an astonishing improvement I must say over any of the garbage out there... I’ve had many RMs, KVF, Z, etc and this blows them all away...

1. Crystal, what crystal? There is no crystal it’s frigging insane!!!
2. Movement pieces the quality, polishing, and luster is phenomenal.
3. Case Thickness is titties, but you all knew that as well already.
4. Crown is great quality and feel as well as etching on it.
5. Rubber strap is like gen even the clasp and screws on it.
6. Bezel has the sunken screws and screws are excellent quality.
7. Weight, this thing doesn’t weigh an ounce it’s so light.

Now for the bezel forged carbon... I have not been out in the sunlight yet, so I can’t give a 100% answer on how I feel about this, but so far it is flashy in the kitchen light and definitely pops on the wrist.

Be on the lookout this weekend or sooner if I can get some time tomorrow in the sun for a video.

For now I will leave you with this...

I am a ZF RM believer! Lol If they make more RMs like this I will buy them all and anyone who knows me on the forum knows my love for AP watches and I must say this is an amazing watch that I would be proud to wear out and or spend more money on to mod. It is worth it. If ABD can mod this and or someone can steal the tourbillon movement from the EURF RMs and plant that in this watch you have an unbelievable rep.

I will be rocking this all weekend!