• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Sunburst Dial Thread.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don’t see any sunburst. Is it the clean crystal affecting it or lack of sun? Sweet watch just the same.
Bro a sunburst dial is so named because it looks like a sunburst, not because it needs sun to display the rays.

"The term sunburst, or sunray, in the watch world refers to a type of dial with thin brushed looking lines that emanate from a center point and move outwards. Typically, these lines will appear from the center of the dial but sometimes emanate from an auxiliary dial or another off-center focal point.

The key with sunburst watch dials is that the effects come from the texture, rather than being painted on or through other means. This creates a unique-looking watch dial with tiny lines that catch the light and reflect in different ways."

Are you saying you don't see two trianglar-ish areas on the dial that are a distinctly different shade of green than the rest of the dial? Those are sunbursts, by definition.

Reactions: Zeta7

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
17133108455760.jpg

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
To be honest with you I see the lines radiating good in this picture. The picture of the watch with the black strap I can see some near the crown but not below the date window. There’s no pop to any of them. It’s definitely my eyes because the lettering in chronometer and certified is blurry. My bad. Sorry about that. Thanks for straightening me out but now I’m left buying a new pair of glasses instead of another watch. Great looking watches though, even a blind man like myself can see that.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ2020