• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The SH4401 is imminent... AP chrono fans rejoice

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I mean the gen movement has fundamental flaws.... look it up. People who own GEN have issues with the minute chrono running randomly, reset issues, timekeeping issues.

Noone knows about rep movement but if gen movement has flaws already imagine the rep clone of gen lol
Can confirm as owner of a Gen 2385 Movement build.

Junk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
2385 is like 4401 ? Same problems ?

2385 is based off of a F Piguet 1185.... a very good movement. The 4401 is "new" and in house movement that has been getting some complaints on.

Reactions: Nono92

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
2385 is based off of a F Piguet 1185.... a very good movement. The 4401 is "new" and in house movement that has been getting some complaints on.

2385/1185 isn’t a great movement either. I know plenty of Gen owners that don’t even dare to use the Chrono. I’ve owned multiple myself it is very delicate

Reactions: Nono92 and Reaps

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I mean the gen movement has fundamental flaws.... look it up. People who own GEN have issues with the minute chrono running randomly, reset issues, timekeeping issues.

Noone knows about rep movement but if gen movement has flaws already imagine the rep clone of gen lol
I completely agree. If in fact the gen has flaws, a clone would even be worst. I don't have any high expectations from this upcoming movement.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Interesting. Is the Peacock movement the Rolex Daydate clone movement we are all looking forward to?
I mean better movements always nice but the Daydate has always been a niche model that is outsold, primary reason is they're all precious metal, makes it basically impossible to ever replicate fully, plating always an issue, also the 2836 has been a great movement for a long time for the Daydate....

Just my 2 cents

How many daydate frankens have we seen here? I can recall like 2 vintage ones...

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
2385/1185 isn’t a great movement either. I know plenty of Gen owners that don’t even dare to use the Chrono. I’ve owned multiple myself it is very delicate

It is very different than a Rolex movement, I can tell you that. Even the well known AP 3120 movement is delicate, I have a gen 15300 and it is totally common for the crown/stem to come out of the movement if not wound properly. These are just things you have to deal with I guess, as Rolex really did ensure to make their movements robust and bulletproof

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Btw, do AP house their 4401 caliber in a 38 mm case, too, or only in 41 mm?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Great news!

hate to be that guy but both chronos shown have the same serial on the case back. And judging by the balance bridge jewel it doesn’t seem to be based on the currently available 4302 which got a jewel that is way too small in diameter.

Would love to see some side by side comparison ;)

Wouldn’t be uncommon to be a donated gen movement of a 11:59 chrono in a cnc case. There are plenty of those builds on the market in china.

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
I have been waiting for this for a long, long time. Glad to jump on and hear it.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Great news!

hate to be that guy but both chronos shown have the same serial on the case back. And judging by the balance bridge jewel it doesn’t seem to be based on the currently available 4302 which got a jewel that is way too small in diameter.

Would love to see some side by side comparison ;)

Wouldn’t be uncommon to be a donated gen movement of a 11:59 chrono in a cnc case. There are plenty of those builds on the market in china.
Your right! But Xing says the SH4401 has gen backplate + rotor. You can clearly see some parts are unpolished so it's not gen for sure

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Theres even issues when you dont run the chrono LOL... just google and see the complaints
It could be like Hublot where the reps have better QC than the gen.
I wouldn’t use the chrono on this same as I don’t on the 7750 reps, but I’m just glad they’ll finally release thinner AP chrono reps. I’m tired of these bricks on my wrist