• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The purpose of QC pictures

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
I made a real post asking a real question. Most other forums I would get insight on what the issue here, but on this forum all I got was a bunch of trolls telling me to post somewhere, then telling me I was wrong but not telling me what's wrong. This is a typical British troll forum.

Ah those British troll forums, really bite you in the ass don't they?

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I made a real post asking a real question. Most other forums I would get insight on what the issue here, but on this forum all I got was a bunch of trolls telling me to post somewhere, then telling me I was wrong but not telling me what's wrong. This is a typical British troll forum.
Way to catorigize and entire nation because you have terrible comprehension skills.

You were in fact offered advice you failed to understand.

Either drop it now or I will ban you.

sent from my Samsung edge plus v6s

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Reported.
Seriously?

Because you are a dick. Oh and not a Brit based forum either just quietly so your xenophobic remark is totally out of place; this place is all American.

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
A lot of this is common sense. However, we all know that not everyone has "common sense". So I for one am glad to see this issue in writing and clarify exactly what the QC pics are for. But there will be those whom are just to lazy to read this thread.

interzonez

Known Member
16/5/17
Very interesting thread thanks for the useful information as I received my first QC images today. I am in agreement the pics are a way to check glaring issues so I can hopefully say YES, please ship!

Couple of Qs.

- should pics be high resolution mine are 800 x 600 and bright enough to see the main aspects of the watch, similar to shots on TD sites, but not high resolution enough to spot say a hairline crack etc.
- there is no timeographer image, is this necessary and in what case could I or should I request this image? if the model or factory is relevant to this question its VSF and a PAM564

Bar-E

Looking Around
31/7/17
Hi all,

Little bit scary to post as everyone seems to jump on a newbie when asking about QC pics. But i'm new to the forum and currently buying a Sub-c LN Noob v7 from a TD. Did a lot of reading on this forum also before i became a member so think I know the basic rules. I will also not bother you with the QC pics I'm about to receive and find it challenging for myself to do the assessment. What I might find usefull but could not really find on the forum (use a lot of search terms) is a kind of high topic guidance ' how-to' look at the QC pics. Maybe the most basic things that in general are reason to reject. Not the small things because i'm aware i'm buying a rep and small scratches and stuff will be on the rep as soon as i will wear it. Thanks everyone.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
@Bar-E When you order a watch you are presumed to know what you are ordering and what flaws exist with the watch when compared to the Gen.

QC is simply there for you to check that numerals havent fallen off, or the lume is missing, or the watch has the wrong hands from that shown on the TD website or scratches on the case or glass...this is what you are checking for...

D

d4m.test

@Bar-E When you order a watch you are presumed to know what you are ordering and what flaws exist with the watch when compared to the Gen.

QC is simply there for you to check that numerals havent fallen off, or the lume is missing, or the watch has the wrong hands from that shown on the TD website or scratches on the case or glass...this is what you are checking for...

As a noob, I would like to add that you should ask about photos that WERE NOT taken by the TD. Such as the inside of the clasp, not just the outside. Obviously, on my last purchase, I ASSUMED all was good and found out that the clasp was put together crooked , from crooked machining, which could not be seen from the logo side. Which means the TD knew about it and didn't offer a photo of the flaw ( which was not just some random scuff). So, in hindsite, I agree with the seasoned members about the subject but I have not found a good list of QC photos that should be asked for, so heads up!

glee79

9/3/17

I would agree that picking on things that are not 100% identical to the GEN is not the purpos of the QC, but paying over 500$ inc shipping for a watch i will expect a level of quality in the product, and also getting the watch i ordered (exactly like the pictures on the TD website)

And with that i just mean common craftmanship and quality that i would get from a 500$ Seiko or Citizen (more or less), is this beeing an asshole?

D

d4m.test

This is a great post - I'm glad I read it, as I was probably on the verge of violating this rule. I will only post a pointed question/concern rather than open a thread asking for feedback, thanks all!

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the additional information, a great tool. What is the common way of asking for the QC pics: before or after paying is done?

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Thanks for the additional information, a great tool. What is the common way of asking for the QC pics: before or after paying is done?
Most dealers provide them automatically after you pay. You need to pay first so they can source the watch. They then send you the pictures so you can confirm it is the watch you ordered.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
I would agree that picking on things that are not 100% identical to the GEN is not the purpos of the QC, but paying over 500$ inc shipping for a watch i will expect a level of quality in the product, and also getting the watch i ordered (exactly like the pictures on the TD website)

And with that i just mean common craftmanship and quality that i would get from a 500$ Seiko or Citizen (more or less), is this beeing an asshole?
The problem is, its not exactly a $500 watch.

Its probably closer to a $100-200 watch that is marked up due to increased risk of being illegal.

There is a reason that you can buy these same watches for a good bit cheaper from certain people in the rep biz.

ds100rrlc

Known Member
30/10/14
great thread -- especially for people new to the rep game. we are lucky that our list of approved rep dealers are good people and truly try to maintain a level of quality control in the watches they offer. i remember being skeptic about the quality of the watch i was receiving (as a newbie) vs people that had been in the rep game for a while. the truth is i have never been disappointed (with the exception of 1 time -- but customer service was great and the issue resolved) with the quality of the watch that came in the mail. of course, just like any watch, servicing and good maintenance is key to enjoy them for a long lasting life :)

in the event that something should go wrong with your watch, be open minded and reach out to this forum and the dealers! most people are compassionate and willing to help out either by directing you to watchsmiths or modders that can help with your issues!

glee79

9/3/17
The problem is, its not exactly a $500 watch.

Its probably closer to a $100-200 watch that is marked up due to increased risk of being illegal.

There is a reason that you can buy these same watches for a good bit cheaper from certain people in the rep biz.
i hope not, i just paid 500USD for a PF nautilus. if it feels like a 100usd watch im not happy.

ds100rrlc

Known Member
30/10/14
i hope not, i just paid 500USD for a PF nautilus. if it feels like a 100usd watch im not happy.

i can understand the frustration -- never owned a PF rep... i'm sure it'll feel good in hand but i don't know if PF has been rep'd very well up till now. would be curious to see what she looks like when you get her in the mail!!