• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Ah ok wasn’t aware of that thanks.

Im going for the ARF with the A2824 so would you or anyone now which second hand I could get or is the one with the arf close enough ?

Ive had a word with Tom from Germany and he told me to get the gmf one for A2824.

A link would be much appreciated if anyone could suggest one.

I don't think you need a new second hand. Here is my 2824 Arf, new batches are ok imo

Explorer123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/21
I don't think you need a new second hand. Here is my 2824 Arf, new batches are ok imo

That looks beautiful I still haven’t got mine in yet so I’ll just hope I get the better batch fingers crossed.

If it’s like that I’ll be happy and just get the Tom bezel mod and I think I’m good to go he also mentioned a case and bracelet polish so let’s see.

Reactions: ettorefranco

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Anyone picked up the VRF 126655? Interested in your experiences with respect to the gold holding up. Thanks

Explorer123

14/2/21
Hi

Got my YM 116622 ARF in today very nice indeed will post pics soon just need to know if I’ve got the second batch with the better shade of blue “second hand” looks lighter than the “yachmaster” blue font but I’ll post pics later.

Reactions: thediesel17

Explorer123

14/2/21

Please can someone let me know if I need the gmf blue hand or is it the new better batch one I’ve got.

Thanks

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Same bro. Too big and too plain. Rather have a YM2. In fact I may get one. Love this one

ZUKQrn.jpg

Which version do you have? Which factory? Is the movement holding on?

Sent from the RWI App

Explorer123

14/2/21
Your second hand looks fine. Instead your bezel, from your pics, looks different from mine and may need Tomrep mod

Thanks for your feedback I’ll take your advice on board and just get the Tom mod bezel only.

loving the look of this beautiful watch.

Explorer123

14/2/21
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

Has anyone noticed that the font and colour of “YACHT-MASTER” on gen is lighter, brighter and clearer on gen than compared to arf rep.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Hi everyone,

i have planned to do my last super Franken project.
and decided to use ARF base watch.

Could anyone here confirm if the complete bezel assembly will be a straight fit on the noob case?

all the new gen parts are ready and now it’s waiting for the ARF base watch :taz:

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

Has anyone noticed that the font and colour of “YACHT-MASTER” on gen is lighter, brighter and clearer on gen than compared to arf rep.

the Yacht-Master writing on the dial of the gen is often brighter but it must be said that it changes a lot depending on the light conditions. The Arf dial is also brighter in favorable light conditions but perhaps not as bright as the gen. Anyway, to give you an idea, in the photo above you can see a gen probably in low light conditions and below my Arf in good light conditions. For me this is an acceptable defect ...

Reactions: Explorer123

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
the Yacht-Master writing on the dial of the gen is often brighter but it must be said that it changes a lot depending on the light conditions. The Arf dial is also brighter in favorable light conditions but perhaps not as bright as the gen. Anyway, to give you an idea, in the photo above you can see a gen probably in low light conditions and below my Arf in good light conditions. For me this is an acceptable defect ...

this sums it up perfectly, though I wouldn’t call it “defect”! it changes a lot depending on the light. I remember comparing the ARF with the gen at an AD a while ago and couldn’t spot the difference from afar (30cm distance). pretty sure one could spot the print difference under magnification or from certain angles, but color is accurate.
My verdict was: not worth wasting money on it since colors are pretty accurate on ARF’s dial. And receiving superior print quality on gens is something I expect to begin with, hence a slight variance is more than acceptable when it comes to depth/angles

Reactions: Explorer123

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
this sums it up perfectly, though I wouldn’t call it “defect”! it changes a lot depending on the light. I remember comparing the ARF with the gen at an AD a while ago and couldn’t spot the difference from afar (30cm distance). pretty sure one could spot the print difference under magnification or from certain angles, but color is accurate.
My verdict was: not worth wasting money on it since colors are pretty accurate on ARF’s dial. And receiving superior print quality on gens is something I expect to begin with, hence a slight variance is more than acceptable when it comes to depth/angles

I agree with you 100%. I too should have written "defect" in quotation marks

Last edited:

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Hi everyone,

i have planned to do my last super Franken project.
and decided to use ARF base watch.

Could anyone here confirm if the complete bezel assembly will be a straight fit on the noob case?

all the new gen parts are ready and now it’s waiting for the ARF base watch :taz:

Damn. Lucky to get your hands on gen parts for the YM. Bet you paid top dollar. Will be absolutely killer when it’s completely though so GL.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: masterpiece777

Explorer123

14/2/21

I have taken it out today and took some photos ans yes you are absolutely right it depends on light conditions I was abit upset at first and was even thinking of an gen dial upgrade but after seeing it in the sun I’m happy with results I might even leave the bezel as it is as it looks good to me.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Damn. Lucky to get your hands on gen parts for the YM. Bet you paid top dollar. Will be absolutely killer when it’s completely though so GL.

Sent from the RWI App

Yeah thanks mate,

It’s a quite expensive build indeed but it will be also my last super Franken I am doing.
And with this project I will try to go as close as I can get.
So I am thinking about a gen clasp.
So if anyone knows who’s selling one PM me :)

Sent from the RWI App

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
Yeah thanks mate,

It’s a quite expensive build indeed but it will be also my last super Franken I am doing.
And with this project I will try to go as close as I can get.
So I am thinking about a gen clasp.
So if anyone knows who’s selling one PM me :)

Sent from the RWI App

Be sure to post progress pics, looking forward to seeing it!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: masterpiece777