• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official RCLC Ali Express Watch Review Thread - Straight Down The Crapper!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Now, I have decided that this beauty WILL be passed around the RCLC. Each brother will be required to wear it out in public and take a picture of his wrist while wearing this abortion of a watch. I don't care if it's at the Walmart or a restaurant or whatever - but you have to wear it out in public. I'll be ordering a suitably tacky and extremely cheap NATO for it today. Then, once you've took some pics, you'll upload em here and then ship it off to the next Brother. Once all of the Brothers have had their turn, it will be returned to JAFO where it will be mounted in a shadow box and displayed here proudly.
Just one of the burdens one has to bear to be a member of the RCLC. Duty will be served.

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
Quick shot of the case finally inside.

image.jpg

Like I said, the paint is slightly textured plus we've got some orange peel in there. No biggie. It's spray paint after all.

JAFO

16/10/13
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, there you have it - The RCLC 2016 World Tour watch.

Unfortunately we lost one of the little pusher pieces that go in the side of the movement holder. I spent five minutes looking for it and then said fck it. The other pusher was functional but I think the movement is slightly off centered because it's not hitting the piece in the side of the movement holder. I'm not taking it back apart so we have Frozen @ 3 and 9 subdials lol.

I will be ordering an appropriately ugly NATO for it here in a few minutes. Then when it comes in, the watch heads out to the first Brother. It's gonna get scratched, it's gonna get dinged, it's probably gonna look like a cheap hooker when it finally comes back to me - all part of the World Tour and to be expected.

JAFO

16/10/13
By the way, this is by far the shittiest rep I have ever held. It is literally press fit together, no shit. Even the crown tube was just pushed in. Oh, and both SAPPHIR CRYTALs were pressed in just like they were before - just with my fingers. No glue, no nothing. Just like it showed up.

JAFO

16/10/13
I'll pick up a log book for the World Tour this week too. That means you guys are gonna have to take and print actual pictures and write a little something in the book.

JAFO

16/10/13
I ordered a Gulf livery nato for it. Couldn't find one cheap enough with gold hardware so it's gonna be especially ugly.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Easy, here are your options.

1. Send it to @MSAMatt for some target practice with a slow motion camera.
MSAMatt owns a high speed camera? Cool!
Always wanted one, never could find one cheap enough.

I'll get you a captains hat or..

54CdTvdl.jpg
Oh I gotta have one! No need for freebies mate, let me know how much and I'll PP the cost and shipping. Do they do a matching polo shirt?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, there you have it - The RCLC 2016 World Tour watch.
You know what? The gold case and Monaco dial looks good.

JAFO

16/10/13
MSAMatt owns a high speed camera? Cool!
Always wanted one, never could find one cheap enough.

Oh I gotta have one! No need for freebies mate, let me know how much and I'll PP the cost and shipping. Do they do a matching polo shirt?

Boss, I hate to admit it...but I kinda think so too, lol.

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!

I haven't been in the boutique ;-) lately but last time I was there was 2 models of polo. I will stop in the next few days. Its a pain in the azz right now with all the barricades going up for the race.

Jafo, you missed yer calling! I think watch designing is calling your name!

JAFO

16/10/13
Jafo, you missed yer calling! I think watch designing is calling your name!

It's not out of the question. And honestly, who doesn't want a JAFO Genuriginal as part of their collection? Everybody wants some....

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
LOL, JAFO tries to create a monster and actually makes something nice :rofl:

I haven't been in the boutique ;-) lately but last time I was there was 2 models of polo. I will stop in the next few days. Its a pain in the azz right now with all the barricades going up for the race.
Mate no rush, any time. I'd almost forgotten its almost time for the big week. The spot I'd like to be is the verandah above the little coffee shop on the right hand hairpin as the track heads back up hill. Always thought they had the best spot on the track.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Don't encourage him lol

It looks a lot better than what it started out looking like, I will definitely give it that.

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Be grateful these poor reps exist. They make your good ones look more convincing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyBe

3/1/16
oh man,that is amazing hahhahahha..i like all the description and details from [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION],wish that marvelous watch passed from me too for some pics hehehehe

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
[MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION] has way too much time on his hands...

All of you RCLC Bros...the person that wins the prize is when you receive the watch and it is NOT working...or pieces are falling off.

Please contact me and I will make sure this shit comes to an end LOL.

JAFO

16/10/13
@JAFO has way too much time on his hands...

All of you RCLC Bros...the person that wins the prize is when you receive the watch and it is NOT working...or pieces are falling off.

You're gonna wear this abomination proudly!! Lol

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
@JAFO has way too much time on his hands...

No hammers allowed :) I think who ever can keep it from not falling apart should get a prize lol.