• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Official RCLC Ali Express Watch Review Thread - Straight Down The Crapper!

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
image.jpg

image.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Send me your address, ill grab one next time I'm at the club :)

Sorry Jafo, but the yacht club is full of stuffy folk that insist on keeping our balls in !

At least in port ;-)
Silly motor sailors lol I remember walking along the harbour in Monte Carlo my jaw was dropping at the sights to be seen. I remember seeing not one but 2 SLKs on the deck of one Motor Cruiser. His and hers I suspect. I have not been there in over 10 years at this stage. I can only imagine what is there now.

I will stick to the old fashioned sails myself if I ever get a chance to get out on the water again.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Let me see if I got this right - you ordered a Quartz but got a mechanical watch? Looks to me like you made out like a bandit, JAFO! [emoji1]

JAFO

16/10/13
That movement holder thing is done. The case back was just a quick trial run. Ive just about got all the black paint off the case now and just need to smooth it out some before I paint it. Then I'll slap it all back together and maybe add some fake diamonds from the craft store. Then shoot it.

JAFO

16/10/13
I'll probably strip the case back down to bare metal too. That black paint that was on it was horrible and you can see it's not smooth under the gold paint. Now, I just need to decide on a pimpin strap to put on it. Maybe a NATO with gold hardware. Then maybe we'll pass it around the RCLC.

foxteca

18/1/13
Nebraska
I'll probably strip the case back down to bare metal too. That black paint that was on it was horrible and you can see it's not smooth under the gold paint. Now, I just need to decide on a pimpin strap to put on it. Maybe a NATO with gold hardware. Then maybe we'll pass it around the RCLC.

Here you go.
vy60eh.jpg

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Sorry I'm late to the party. First, and foremost, file a claim to get your money back through Ali. You clearly got ripped off. Next, ask Gucci to sell it for you for a profit on both the watch and shipping. Now you're a real player in the Ali game [MENTION=73591]JAFO[/MENTION].

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I love the Gold Paint, Why not add some rhine stones from the art dept... I'm not going to look up the correct spelling either!

Phil G

29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
That movement holder thing is done. The case back was just a quick trial run. Ive just about got all the black paint off the case now and just need to smooth it out some before I paint it. Then I'll slap it all back together and maybe add some fake diamonds from the craft store. Then shoot it.

Got to be the most rewarding way for the watches demise. Years ago before we had the handgun ban in the UK my mates and myself would shoot up so much stuff that frustrated us, mobile phones, calculators, watches. Reactive targets are the way to go. :laugh:

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
We need to do a "pass around"...

I would love to have it...let my dogs wear it for a day or two and then send it on to the next RCLC Brother...

$36...quit bitchin' LOL

BTW the buckle does look nice.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15

I would love to have it...let my dogs wear it for a day or two and then send it on to the next RCLC Brother...

$36...quit bitchin' LOL

This idea is strong as well. Just make sure it's bedazzled, and gold before so. If the lady wants to go out for a good time she better be dressed to the nines.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

$36...quit bitchin' LOL

I can let it sit exposed to the wildness of the Burren for a while maybe take it for a few dips in the Atlantic :)

Peteinhull

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/16
This epitomises the old saying... "You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter!!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAFO

16/10/13
The case is currently coated in paint stripper. Then it's gonna get a nice sanding and then painted. I should have stripped the back too but I'm kinda lazy.

JAFO

16/10/13
Did some body say "Stripper" ??

Unfortunately this "stripper" is ugly, smells bad, and you wouldn't want to bang her. Kinda like the chicks at the Paper Doll on Saturday afternoon.

Ok, so got the case stripped then just lightly hit it with some 1000. If I spent anymore time on it I would have went full on nuts and sanded it down smooth but the case is in really bad shape to begin with and I didn't want to fix all the imperfections because it would take me days. So, there are bad spots under the paint. The black paint that was on this crappy case was really thick so it covered up everything.

Anyway, here's a couple shots of the case:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The paint does have a slight texture to it, so it ain't gonna look like gold no matter what. But who cares? It's supposed to be ugly! Just wait until I put that ugly fckin dial back inside it and put on the silver pushers and crown and screws, lol. But...for four bucks worth of paint it's actually kinda fun. I just wish the shit would dry faster cause I want to put it back together and gaze at my art!

Yes, it is art. Extremely ugly art, but art nonetheless.

JAFO

16/10/13
Now, I have decided that this beauty WILL be passed around the RCLC. Each brother will be required to wear it out in public and take a picture of his wrist while wearing this abortion of a watch. I don't care if it's at the Walmart or a restaurant or whatever - but you have to wear it out in public. I'll be ordering a suitably tacky and extremely cheap NATO for it today. Then, once you've took some pics, you'll upload em here and then ship it off to the next Brother. Once all of the Brothers have had their turn, it will be returned to JAFO where it will be mounted in a shadow box and displayed here proudly.