• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

paul837

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/19
This is just back from tripdog‘s magic workshop.

Silix base, manodeoro dial and a bunch of other good stuff thrown in.
Are these "Silix" items out of production now? I see loads of nice parts and watches but the website seems to be disused?

Sagem

Looking Around
14/10/14
Hello, I have tried to contact silex-prime.es via email several times. I got zero reaction. Are they still in business?

jamiex

25/7/09
Yorkshire
I think so, is there some kind of holiday going on in China at the moment? If so that could explain things.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16

SeanMT72

Horology Curious
12/1/22
Dallas, TX
Hi all! This is my first post.... I've been lurking for a while now, admiring everyones BC subs and builds. I pulled the trigger recently on a Tiger Concept 5508 V8 (V8 is the new plexi crystal version but the same as the V6 in dimensions). It is a work in progress as I need to soften the case some and upgrade the bezel insert (the red triangle is too shiny). Also, the dial needs some "slight" aging as well. Don't know if I have the huevos to drill and tap a new Athaya crown yet but maybe int he future. For now, its keeping the sterile 8mm TC stock crown.

Specs:

Tiger Concept 5508V8
GS Ever-Tite Crystal (changing this soon again, the stock TC crystal didn't do it for me and the ET is too flat)
Athaya pearl
Raffles dial
Raffles clasp (not shown)
TC stock hands
Painted over the pip with enamel paint.. it looks like crap so waiting on a new HR insert I plan to make fit.

Enjoy!

SeanMT72

Horology Curious
12/1/22
Dallas, TX
Here is a better shot... I took the athaya pearl out in prep for a new insert.

zE3Rt3.jpg

Reactions: Hor-Fan

SeanMT72

Horology Curious
12/1/22
Dallas, TX
Question for those of you who have the HR case set with the stock bezel (especially the red triangle): Do the numerals and hash marks look to be either painted or pad printed ON TOP of the black bezel paint? Do they have a slightly textured look to them which would indicate pad printing / stamping?

I ask because the TC stock bezel insert looks like a highly polished aluminum ring with an overlay of paint, almost like a screen print. The red triangle on the TC has this kind of shiny / "cellophane overlay" appearance rather than how the Gen red triangle inserts look which look to be painted / printed (I've looked at tons of Gen pics of red triangle inserts).

I ask about the HR bezel because I have one en route from Mark to somehow make fit this TC case... but that wont matter if its the same look as the TC bezel.

Hopefully that question makes sense... does anyone have an extreme close up of the HR bezel insert? Thanks all.