• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The Official Big Crown Club" - post your pics!

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Hello there fellow big crown people. Can anyone recomend someone who builds a 6538 with a gen movment or an eta? Looking to get into one after my WMT homage bond which i love to pieces just want something that feels a bit closer to the real deal. Bonus points if it looks like it came from bond himself with the strap and all.

Last edited:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
mclarendude
​​​​​had a pretty cool MK 6538 with a gen dial for extra $$$ Darth

His pic below:

This is all but a genuine dial. Helena rou case set takes 29 mm dials like cartel ones while the genuine is 27. Mk will build you a watch on request with his own case set + his own dial on which he prints Rolex brand on request.
Still a nice build but let's not spread misunderstandings.

Reactions: Goldenboy74

Omage

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/22
Omage ruby dial and a2824 ;)

Thanks. Lovely piece. If you ever decide to get rid of it don't be a stranger! May I ask how does the Vietnam case compare, dimensionally, to your old Cartel build (after the Cartel case was improved by Kilo)? Were you not tempted to keep the Cartel you just sold (as a daily beater) or they are really too different and once you experience one you can't stand the other anymore?

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
Omage here you can see some pictures I took before selling my cartel build (the one with the more aged insert).
The major differences are the wider insert, 28mm dial diameter instead of 26mm and the shape of the crown.
But I think the more notable difference is that the HR dial installed in the cartel build is not a true gilt but simply gold painted.
It's a matter of money, the Vietnam build of course is better but the price is the double of a cartel build.
If you are a fanatic of details like me you should consider to buy a viet one (maybe with a vintage low beat movement), if you are looking for a nice vintage watch the cartel is good. Like jkf Daytona vs viet Daytona.