• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The MH crystal just disappeared (pics)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Listen, anyone who's owned an AP knows exactly what kind of scratch this is. Why ? Every one of us has put one of these on their bezel. When Joe had my MH , he also asked me if I wanted him to resurface my bezel. He saw a similar scratch which I never noticed upon receiving it from the member I bought it from. Did I launch an attack towards that member ? NO. Maybe because i'm not a moron. I can see the scratch in Shark's pics. You cannot argue with pics.

Mistake #2 is dragging Joe into this. That shows me that the OP needd help proving his point. Bad decision. Everything here has been handled poorly by the OP. Starting from his first post on this thread. JC , don't ever PM me anymore with your horse shit questions. Thanks !

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
^^^^ this!

But don't drag me in as I am technically "op" lol ;-)

You're referring to "new op" lol

:cheers:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
My apologies for shitting in Your thread Sheriff

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Unless the pictures are lying, I haven't seen anything that a normal person couldn't buff out and polish in 30 minutes. It was sold as a used daily beater and I haven't seen anything that I wouldn't expect?

And one of my pet peeves is hearing complaints about a noisy rotor. These people would probably hear a quartz movement tick. Personally, I've never heard one but then, I've never put one up to my ear and swirled it around and listened. When you actually wear a watch, the rotor only moves a quarter to a half revolution at a time as your arm moves. It would hardly be enough movement to cause an annoyance to the average person. If your rotor is actually spinning and releasing power reserve then it's a problem with your reversing gears which would need servicing. This certainly doesn't sound like that problem.

kindred666

12/3/12
JC, please start a new thread as its kind of intruding into Sheriffwho original thread.

D

d4m.test

Viewing all the pics, that scratch is definitely what I would call minor / thin / surface. The fact that it's on the bezel makes it difficult to fix up, but it's still minor.

z7ev.jpg

masmannan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/2/13
Like everyone else the photos illustrate the scratch to look minor. But the guy who repaired the scratch put his reputation on the line and said it wasn't considered minor.

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
If you're gonna buy a non-mint ROO or diver, just assume it's got scratches in the bezel that can't be fixed without removing the bezel. It's just the way these watches are. Too much drama in this thread.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Every watch I've ever had repaired by any of the forum smiths have told me every little problem was major. I think it's a professional's point of view and a loupe thing plus, of course, it makes them look better when they fix it.

Twice I've had what was called major damage to watch dials that I couldn't even find after the watch was put back together. It's only major when you look under a loupe. Not saying RBJ is doing that, I just think it's rather normal that they look at minor issues and justify their quality of work by considering them major.

If I took that case and re-finished it and charged, say $100 for labor, I'd probably say it was major damage also.

But, that's pretty much irrelevant when the watch was sold as a daily beater and pictures of the damage were provided before the sale. What you see is what you get. There's no intent to defraud here, just another buyer with expectations of getting a brand new watch for the price of a used one.

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
I apologize to anyone offended in this - I should've contacted Sharkkey upon receipt of the watch and dealt with it then, i should've asked immediately for a refund and / or sent it back to have the scratch fixed, but I didn't think like that. Hindsight is 20/20- It's my fault. Sharkkey, your pictures did not show the depth of the scratch or the case screw scratches. Joe, thank you for doing the AR on the MH and making the whole watch look brand new. Again, I am done with this, Sharrkey, i don't have pictures of the scratches, I got it in the mail and immediately sent it off for treatment, the only thing I can show now is pictures of an amazing MH that Joe put his time and effort to take care of. You guys have been in this game for a long time, I have not. If what was a small scratch to you, then that's that. I wanted the watch perfect, and now it is. End of story. I apologize for hijacking Sheriffs thread, I didn't know where to post this - in the end, I have a great MH, but yes, it had work to be done to get back to it's original state, well, actually infinitely better after Joe put the best AR I've seen on any of these APs in this forum. So now I have a negative rating for being completely honest? I don't care. I'm bigger than this and am letting it go. I hope the rest of you guys can squash this as well - i wish nothing bad to anyone. peace to all of you, no matter what you think of me. God Bless - jckilla OUT

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
And there we have it:popcorn: I've nothing further to add. :sharkey:

D

d4m.test

And there we have it:popcorn: I've nothing further to add. :sharkey:

What!? I'm offended that you didn't even comment on my team sharrkey logo. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
What!? I'm offended that you didn't even comment on my team sharrkey logo. :p

Sorry big_raji, whilst I did appreciate your Logo, it wasn't about teams, taking sides ect for me, I was accused of something and wanted to defend myself, but I'm sure you know that!

D

d4m.test

Fine. I guess I should cancel the T-shirt order.