• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The MH crystal just disappeared (pics)

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Thanks to Joe, my Montauk Crystal just vanished! Can't wait to get it back home. Totally excited about double AR and worth the wait!

43c6215e-b195-4de5-9af4-e7e0ed1b3a0a_zpsaa4308ca.jpg

image_zps39246a89.jpg

image_zpsd13c5f09.jpg

And now for the ghey jokes.... And yes, I am ghey for my MH - lol

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
The crystal on my FC Diver (stock) is so clear that it looks like it's not there, either! Wonder how much better it'd be with double AR! Do the gens have double AR?

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
The crystal on my FC Diver (stock) is so clear that it looks like it's not there, either! Wonder how much better it'd be with double AR! Do the gens have double AR?

I don't think gens have any AR, let alone double... But they are way higher quality crystals and the double AR compensates for rep crystals not being quite as nice as gen :)

Either way, I think it makes it really pop!

D

d4m.test

But how does it look on a bracelet with blue gold midlinks?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Looks great. Joel's AR kicks ass.

Thanks bro! And yeah... He is awesome. Already lined up to mod my incoming rbii with double ar and plate mod. Very friendly and does great work!!!

But how does it look on a bracelet with blue gold midlinks?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not quite as good as it does on a modified rolex two-tone jubilee, but still pretty good - lol

Seriously though... The "spare" bracelet from earlier is actually for this MH...

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
Looks damn good!

More photos!!

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
most of the double AR's here looks even better than their gen counterparts.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
I'm glad you are happy, but mostly the ar makes me look good:D I am pretty proud of it, makes the watches dials pop more imho and before bmw talked me into doing his I never thought it would be a bang for your buck modd, now I can't wait for my h factory cf diver so I can do that one,I bet it's gonna be wow:beer:

Rbj69

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
I'm glad you are happy, but mostly the ar makes me look good:D I am pretty proud of it, makes the watches dials pop more imho and before bmw talked me into doing his I never thought it would be a bang for your buck modd, now I can't wait for my h factory cf diver so I can do that one,I bet it's gonna be wow:beer:

Rbj69

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who wants their watch to pop... Joe is the man! Don't hesitate to give him a shout!

Thanks again bro! And that RBII will be en route to you next week! :)

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
Just got my MH back from RBJ ( I bought it from Sharrkey ) and it had to have some work done. The bezel had to be completely refinished due to a very deep scratch ( undisclosed to me prior to sale, but pictures WILL be up ) on the bezel, as well as the double AR treatment and fixing the bottom subdial that moves on it's own. I think the minute hand catches it every hour and makes it move slightly, RBJ crimped the hand on the post ( bottom subdial ) and it's a lot better now. The watch is a work of art after getting it back from RBJ and putting another $310 into the watch after receiving it from the seller. I wish i was told about the scrath ( major ) on the bezel, was just told about "minor surface scratches" - Like I said RBJ had to refinish the ENTIRE bezel and the case side where the screws go into the lugs. As far as the AR treatment, I HIGHLY recommend Everyone get theirs done by Joe. It's absolutely beautiful. I also have the watch on a SS bracelet, and I htink it looks best on that ( vs the hornback ) - I'm not trying to be negative about the seller, I did give a positive feedback, although now i wish i could just put "neutral" due to the overhaul it needed. It was also VERY loud, & Joe tightened up the rotor, and it's quiet as a mouse now. Pics will be up soon, please wait to see the before ( when I received the watch ) and after RBJ's work, Sharrkey's original pictures made it look like a catalog watch, and unforunately, i had to spend quite a bit to get it there. In all fairness, the AR service was near half the cost, but I still should've been informed about the scratch that is now gone. Thanks Joe!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just got my MH back from RBJ ( I bought it from Sharrkey ) and it had to have some work done. The bezel had to be completely refinished due to a very deep scratch ( undisclosed to me prior to sale, but pictures WILL be up ) on the bezel, as well as the double AR treatment and fixing the bottom subdial that moves on it's own. I think the minute hand catches it every hour and makes it move slightly, RBJ crimped the hand on the post ( bottom subdial ) and it's a lot better not. The watch is a work of art after getting it back from RBJ and putting another $310 into the watch after receiving it from the seller. I wish i was told about the scrath ( major ) on the bezel, was just told about "minor surface scratches" - Like I said RBJ had to refinish the ENTIRE bezel and the case side where the screws go into the lugs. As far as the AR treatment, I HIGHLY recommend Everyone get theirs done by Joe. It's absolutely beautiful. I also have the watch on a SS bracelet, and I htink it looks best on that ( vs the hornback ) - I'm not trying to be negative about the seller, I did give a positive feedback, although now i wish i could just put "neutral" due to the overhaul it needed. It was also VERY loud, & Joe tightened up the rotor, and it's quiet as a mouse now. Pics will be up soon, please wait to see the before ( when I received the watch ) and after RBJ's work, Sharrkey's original pictures made it look like a catalog watch, and unforunately, i had to spend quite a bit to get it there. In all fairness, the AR service was near half the cost, but I still should've been informed about the scratch that is now gone. Thanks Joe!

What is the purpose of posting this here ?

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Just got my MH back from RBJ ( I bought it from Sharrkey ) and it had to have some work done. The bezel had to be completely refinished due to a very deep scratch ( undisclosed to me prior to sale, but pictures WILL be up ) on the bezel, as well as the double AR treatment and fixing the bottom subdial that moves on it's own. I think the minute hand catches it every hour and makes it move slightly, RBJ crimped the hand on the post ( bottom subdial ) and it's a lot better not. The watch is a work of art after getting it back from RBJ and putting another $310 into the watch after receiving it from the seller. I wish i was told about the scrath ( major ) on the bezel, was just told about "minor surface scratches" - Like I said RBJ had to refinish the ENTIRE bezel and the case side where the screws go into the lugs. As far as the AR treatment, I HIGHLY recommend Everyone get theirs done by Joe. It's absolutely beautiful. I also have the watch on a SS bracelet, and I htink it looks best on that ( vs the hornback ) - I'm not trying to be negative about the seller, I did give a positive feedback, although now i wish i could just put "neutral" due to the overhaul it needed. It was also VERY loud, & Joe tightened up the rotor, and it's quiet as a mouse now. Pics will be up soon, please wait to see the before ( when I received the watch ) and after RBJ's work, Sharrkey's original pictures made it look like a catalog watch, and unforunately, i had to spend quite a bit to get it there. In all fairness, the AR service was near half the cost, but I still should've been informed about the scratch that is now gone. Thanks Joe!

Absolute bullshit, there was no very deep scratch on the bezel, why don't you start another thread and post all these pics!!!!!
The watch was listed as a daily beater with surface scratches, NOW get your macro pics under direct artificial light up and we can all take a look, then I'll post plenty of pics that I've taken, and trust me I've more than you can imagine!!!

Also movement problem was fully disclosed in the sales thread as the hands @6 running is a common problem on these heavily modified movements, Loud Rotor? Are you F@cking kidding me

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Lets link up to my listing

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/ap-montauk-highway-155677?t=155677

Listed as daily beater, very good condition

yma7ynym.jpg

And let's start on the sales disclosure on the movement problem

u3adybag.jpg

And a copy of the pm you sent me confirming you where aware of the problem

y7a7uryb.jpg

Now I've blanked out some of the message as it states your personal work!
And a copy of my reply

uba6ysuv.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I'm gonna post up the pics that you sent during the week in a minute, but here's a few shots of the deep scratch that you talk about, one of them I've ZOOMED in so you can actually see it

e9atury3.jpg

8ynygabu.jpg

Wow looks like a fcuking deep scratch doesn't it

Few more of your so called deep scratch

u6esugy6.jpg

a6e2e3y3.jpg

a5y6ege4.jpg

apesusy3.jpg

benyneha.jpg

yqa3yny2.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Now here's the pics you emailed me, macro under bright artificial light.

ehy8e3e8.jpg

ru8emydu.jpg

huhagypy.jpg